• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

nebakke

Is the squad size still 25? Because that would mean 1 spot free.

Which has just been taken by Jacob Poscoliero according to the CCM facebook. Whoever that is.
He had a decent match against the Jest - as I recall... To be honest I don't remember noticing much about him outside of a couple of decent blocks, so he can't be all bad :)

pjennings

Which has just been taken by Jacob Poscoliero according to the CCM facebook. Whoever that is.

Squad size is 23 - but you can have 3 extra young players that don't count towards squad size or cap. Therefore there is the potential for 1 more if there is cap space or if we sign or have a guest player.

style_cafe

Former Wollongong lad ,spent time with Melita & Blacktown before going to Italy. Played in Serie D but only 24

Roy Law

He had a decent match against the Jest - as I recall... To be honest I don't remember noticing much about him outside of a couple of decent blocks, so he can't be all bad :)
Confident with the ball at his feet is what I can remember; in the first half against the Jets he looked pretty solid. A squaddie for now, it is a big step up, lets hope he takes the opportunity.

Wombat

Looking very good against the scum in Mudgee. Made one error all game.
With the Central defence looking a bit dodgy he may well be a regular starter by the end of the season.

Jura

Hi fellas, I completely missed the preseason! What new guys are you most excited about? And is there a place where I can view Mariners press conference and the Match of the day equivalent for the A-League as an Europe guy?

VicMariner

Could do worse than have a look at this guy Cong Phuong from Vietnam.
There is a thread on FourFourTwo which is an interesting read. I think it might be him posting.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96992
Looks good in YouTube clips.
I would love to see him get a trial at least, he looks hungry and has something to prove.

Prediction:
Some other HAL club will get him on minimum wage and he'll be awesome.

Last edited:

style_cafe

Could do worse than have a look at this guy Cong Phuong from Vietnam.
There is a thread on FourFourTwo which is an interesting read. I think it might be him posting.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96992
Looks good in YouTube clips.
I would love to see him get a trial at least, he looks hungry and has something to prove.

Prediction:
Some other HAL club will get him on minimum wage and he'll be awesome.

There`s enough there to warrant a trial.
I wonder if he speaks English..

VicMariner

There`s enough there to warrant a trial.
I wonder if he speaks English..
I have been thinking about this a bit more.
Say we developed a relationship with an Asian minnow nation like Vietnam and took their best talent to develop and potentially sell overseas (with a sell on fee back to the club as an incentive). We might get top notch players at minimum wage and potentially get a crowd boost from the Aussie Vietnamese community if we start regularly fielding Vietnamese players.
Win for the Vietnamese FA by getting their best players in the shop window and maybe on to bigger leagues overseas.
Win for the Vietnamese clubs by getting an on sell transfer fee percentage.
Win for us by getting access to talent and maybe transfer $$ and a potential crowd increase.

A lot of what ifs and maybes.....

style_cafe

I have been thinking about this a bit more.
Say we developed a relationship with an Asian minnow nation like Vietnam and took their best talent to develop and potentially sell overseas (with a sell on fee back to the club as an incentive). We might get top notch players at minimum wage and potentially get a crowd boost from the Aussie Vietnamese community if we start regularly fielding Vietnamese players.
Win for the Vietnamese FA by getting their best players in the shop window and maybe on to bigger leagues overseas.
Win for the Vietnamese clubs by getting an on sell transfer fee percentage.
Win for us by getting access to talent and maybe transfer $$ and a potential crowd increase.

A lot of what ifs and maybes.....

Hanoi Mariners ? :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred