• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

dibo

McBreen's pre-China tantrum goes close. Still wonder if there isn't more to the story with Seip leaving too - whether we sought to use the same loophole...

tsd

with wee mac confirmed gone and a few new arrivals getting their first minutes, the mariners are potentially looking like this….

--------------------------- Mane/Duke/Simon -------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vernes/Fitzy/Slater ---- Kim/Trifiro/Caceres ---- Duke/Cernack/Fitzy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------ Caceres/Hutch/L Rose ----------- Monty/Kalik/Curren ------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J Rose/Sim/Neill -- Bosnar/Griffiths -- Anderson -- Roux/Morton/J Rose
------------------------------- Reddy/ Nash ---------------------------------

I'm thinking the first choice back 4+keeper are obvious, 3 DMs fighting it out for the 2 spots and we will see a lot of rotation of players and positions in the front third.

- Mane and Vernes have both looked promising with minimal game time and appear be solid signings, time will tell

- Kalik or Liam Rose to be this seasons break through

Capt. Awesome

WeeMac paid out his contract. At least we got something.

Central Coast Mariners can confirm that a mutual termination of Michael McGlinchey’s contract with the Club has tonight been finalised.
McGlinchey has agreed to compensate the Mariners for the early termination of his contract in order to join rival Hyundai A-League outfit Wellington Phoenix.

Central Coast Mariners thank Michael McGlinchey for his services to the Club between 2009 and 2013, highlighted by a 2013 Hyundai A-League Championship triumph, a 2012 Hyundai A-League Premiership success secured at Westpac Stadium, and qualification for the 2013 AFC Champions League Round of 16.

Central Coast Mariners are satisfied that the matter with Michael McGlinchey is now resolved, and are pleased that the Club’s full focus can now be on success on and off the pitch throughout Hyundai A-League season 10.

The Club respectfully declines to make any further comment regarding the Michael McGlinchey matter and wishes the player and his new club, Wellington Phoenix, good luck for the future.

Capt. Awesome

with wee mac confirmed gone and a few new arrivals getting their first minutes, the mariners are potentially looking like this….

I'm thinking the first choice back 4+keeper are obvious, 3 DMs fighting it out for the 2 spots and we will see a lot of rotation of players and positions in the front third.

- Mane and Vernes have both looked promising with minimal game time and appear be solid signings, time will tell

Looks good but Kalik plays as a typical no. 10 attacking mid.

pjennings

24 players listed on the website does not include Curren. so if he is still around he is likely to be on a NYL contract. In reality that leaves 2 spots.

The main one for me is a starting CB. Bosnar and Anderson both seem to be a bit like NTS. Wanting to be the voice at the back but basically ineffective without a real leader next to them. They need a better player next to them for them to be effective. NTS had Ljubo at the Jets and Spira and Meggsy at WSW. We need a starting CB leader in the mould of Spira, Patty Z or Wilko.

We get that player and we can challenge for the top 4. We don't and we still should make the finals but just to make up the numbers. If we get the CB and the other player or one of Mane, Duke or Matty has a 15-20 goal season we challenge for the top 2 and silverware is a definite chance.

Gratis

WeeMac paid out his contract. At least we got something.

Central Coast Mariners can confirm that a mutual termination of Michael McGlinchey’s contract with the Club has tonight been finalised.
McGlinchey has agreed to compensate the Mariners for the early termination of his contract in order to join rival Hyundai A-League outfit Wellington Phoenix.

Central Coast Mariners thank Michael McGlinchey for his services to the Club between 2009 and 2013, highlighted by a 2013 Hyundai A-League Championship triumph, a 2012 Hyundai A-League Premiership success secured at Westpac Stadium, and qualification for the 2013 AFC Champions League Round of 16.

Central Coast Mariners are satisfied that the matter with Michael McGlinchey is now resolved, and are pleased that the Club’s full focus can now be on success on and off the pitch throughout Hyundai A-League season 10.

The Club respectfully declines to make any further comment regarding the Michael McGlinchey matter and wishes the player and his new club, Wellington Phoenix, good luck for the future.
this makes me feel a bit better. i was quite angry at first particularly with weemac but also with WP who I feel have been quite dishonourable throughout and have gone from being a team i was happy to see do well to one I want to see wallow now. I'd have been ashamed if the mariners acted the way they did.
weemac paying out his contract shows at least some sign of respect and eases my my overall annoyance at this whole thing

Gratis

24 players listed on the website does not include Curren. so if he is still around he is likely to be on a NYL contract. In reality that leaves 2 spots.

The main one for me is a starting CB. Bosnar and Anderson both seem to be a bit like NTS. Wanting to be the voice at the back but basically ineffective without a real leader next to them. They need a better player next to them for them to be effective. NTS had Ljubo at the Jets and Spira and Meggsy at WSW. We need a starting CB leader in the mould of Spira, Patty Z or Wilko.

We get that player and we can challenge for the top 4. We don't and we still should make the finals but just to make up the numbers. If we get the CB and the other player or one of Mane, Duke or Matty has a 15-20 goal season we challenge for the top 2 and silverware is a definite chance.
we have a way to go before being ready for this season but honestly I think we have the players for a top 2 again. will potential be converted? time will tell but I'm hopeful

Wombat

Hmmm....really we need quality centre back, quality centre mid and quality striker.
Also we need to play football like we rate ourselves not the timid defensive shit we played last year.

disordinary

this makes me feel a bit better. i was quite angry at first particularly with weemac but also with WP who I feel have been quite dishonourable throughout and have gone from being a team i was happy to see do well to one I want to see wallow now. I'd have been ashamed if the mariners acted the way they did.
weemac paying out his contract shows at least some sign of respect and eases my my overall annoyance at this whole thing
The nix management said casually that Mcglinchey apraoched them and said he was a free agent and wanted to join them. They said throughout that they were only supporting Mcglinchey, they said in an interview that it wasn't their place to pursue the appeal but it was up to WeeMac and the PFA. The Nix are partially a victim in this as well, even Charlesworth has said as much.

I really think that while neither the Nix or WeeMac come out glowing the blame mainly lies with the PFA, then WeeMac, then the FFA, then the Nix, and then CCM.

I kind of think they stood by him just because they had to. And have also made signings with a thought to Mcglinchey not being a nix player next year - half of the team are midfielders now. We have no strikers, hardly any defenders, but a plethora of options in the centre of the park.

pjennings

Hmmm....really we need quality centre back, quality centre mid and quality striker.
Also we need to play football like we rate ourselves not the timid defensive shit we played last year.

Agree with the two bolded - not convinced that our midfield is that lacking . With a quality centre back our midfield will look a lot better. they won't be receiving the ball under pressure or scrambling back to help out as much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred