• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Big Al

Rumoured interest in Manly United No. 10.Brendan CHOLAKIAN on the FFA Cup last night from Mark Rudan in the pregame show who said he also tried to get him to move to Sydney United this season.

Kareem

Apparently wanted $2m a game last year.

Source?

Is this in regards to a short stint, or a one off guest appearance?
Or was it 2 mill for each game throughout the season?

Messi gets paid something like 25 million a year...which is apparently the highest paid?

Big Al

Source?

Is this in regards to a short stint, or a one off guest appearance?
Or was it 2 mill for each game throughout the season?

Messi gets paid something like 25 million a year...which is apparently the highest paid?
442 thread - Here say on there as well but basically he wants more money than A League clubs will be willing to pay.

Kareem

Apparently ADP was receiving offers around 10 mill...
I just don't see Ronaldinho getting much more than that...

But 2 mill a year is the highest most clubs in the A-league would pay.
Although for the biggest marquee available (since Pele) I could see them paying a bit more...maybe 4 mill.

Still less than half the money available in Asia, Middle East etc.
Less than the USA as well

So I agree that he is commanding more money than A-league clubs are willing to pay..:

And I hear he is close to signing with Boca juniors...

Big Al

What are you on about? It's the main item on the Mariners homepage, and the club announced it on Facebook on Tuesday.
Don't do facebook & yes it's now on the main page but it wasn't on Tues. Prob part of the new A league websites update which have just appeared & most importantly wasn't put on this site (holland info was but not from CCM).
Any way he's gone now.

That's what shits me about social media - not everyone is down with it. Need to flood the whole market not just one type. Should have been on the web - Which you can argue is due to delays putting up the site's. Then some love selfiegram (instagram) & some still use stalkerbook (facebook)

Roy Law

So, who will replace the charismatic Dutchman? (and I don't mean Patrick). Someone from the NSWPL? A skinny kid from the NYL? Hopefully not another European journeyman whose CV looked suss from the outset. I am going to get the ball rolling and suggest Jon McKain. The veteran CB was released by Adelaide and as far as I know has not found a club. He is a gnarly veteran who reads the game well and has decent skill on the ball and would be an ideal complement to the young Anderson.
As I approach my tenth year of supporting the Mariners I am proud of my record of only once getting one of these predictions right but that does not stop me from optimistically doing my best to help Mossy and the boys ;)

Big Al

Wouldn't be a bad backup but I suppose the question is what's the order. Do they trust Griff as next man in if suspension or injury & therefore go young & cheap or do they want someone to be 1st sub or do they want a starter ( I suggest not as Ando looks alright & Bosnar would be none to pleased & with his reputation you don't bring him in & then get someone else).

Really depends on what the quality of the up & comers are like

Wombat

Apparently ADP was receiving offers around 10 mill...
I just don't see Ronaldinho getting much more than that...

Why would he play for Sydney for 20% of what others were willing to pay?....highly dubious. He did quite well but looked well past his prime so did very well to get $2mill per year in a decent country.

But 2 mill a year is the highest most clubs in the A-league would pay.
Although for the biggest marquee available (since Pele) I could see them paying a bit more...maybe 4 mill.

He was a legend but looked washed up, overweight and disinterested when I last saw him play.

Still less than half the money available in Asia, Middle East etc.
Less than the USA as well

So I agree that he is commanding more money than A-league clubs are willing to pay..:

And I hear he is close to signing with Boca juniors...

I'd be surprised if Boca would pay him anymore than any HAL club.

Wombat

So, who will replace the charismatic Dutchman? (and I don't mean Patrick). Someone from the NSWPL? A skinny kid from the NYL? Hopefully not another European journeyman whose CV looked suss from the outset. I am going to get the ball rolling and suggest Jon McKain. The veteran CB was released by Adelaide and as far as I know has not found a club. He is a gnarly veteran who reads the game well and has decent skill on the ball and would be an ideal complement to the young Anderson.
As I approach my tenth year of supporting the Mariners I am proud of my record of only once getting one of these predictions right but that does not stop me from optimistically doing my best to help Mossy and the boys ;)

Glad to see Siep leave but am not a fan of McKain.

Big Al

A ball playing CB would be good.

Ando & Bos are not the greatest ball players - Good defenders but we like to setup from the back.

style_cafe

I`ve said it before but Matt Thompson would be ideal for us.
At present he`s with Marconi but he`s an experienced player that can play anywhere on the park.
He`s the record holder for the Aleague , he`s tough, smart & can lead the side if necessary.
He can score goals, he`s respected by other players & would be a great mentor for the younger guys.
Plus He`s going to be cheap!!!!

dibo

I`ve said it before but Matt Thompson would be ideal for us.
At present he`s with Marconi but he`s an experienced player that can play anywhere on the park.
He`s the record holder for the Aleague , he`s tough, smart & can lead the side if necessary.
He can score goals, he`s respected by other players & would be a great mentor for the younger guys.
Plus He`s going to be cheap!!!!
What if somehow we got him and Nick Carle?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred