• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

localpom

Looks a good signing. Right age. I'm sure he will prefer playing here than in Scandanavia (beautiful but bloody cold!) so we may see the best of him. So, i reckon with still 2 or 3 signings to come ......
Liam
Storm Boz Ando Rosey
Monty Caceres
Malik Trif Kim
Dukey/new striker

Lots of competition for places.

midfielder

He looks to be a very good buy ... still young and at the one minute mark in the youtube seems to have excellent feet ...

Need to get him in the surf to take off a couple of grams by the look of him ... but a solid buy ...

Me thinks he is a better signing than some of the 30 + people being signed by some clubs...

Last edited:

Deej

Quote from Moss in that article:

“Along with Mitchell Duke, Matt Simon, Nick Fitzgerald, Isaka Cernak and Tom Slater, Malick Mané provides us with another strong option in attack. And, we hope to have another attacking recruit finalised over the coming days.

Another attacking player imminent.

Dukey and Simon are not great finishers in my opinion, they run around and annoy defenders but need another striker who can finish next to them, if Simon can get back to where he was 2-3 years ago then different story. Fitzy is a good finisher but better suited on the wing and in my opinion Cernak is nothing but a squad player and Slater can sit in the reserves learning his trade.

I personally would like another CB to challenge Ando and Bosnar, Griffiths is unpredictable and from games I've seen in reserves is only what I see as a squad player but could improve, Seip however I just hope gets a gig back in Holland so we can release him and use his cap space on something better. Any HAL team needs 3 reliable centrebacks, we have 2 so another would be desirable.

Should we sign another "good" attacker (and not a squad rotation player) things are looking positive up front.

I'd like Mossy to tinker with our formation too, 4-2-3-1 won us a GF but I'd like Moss to try something new in the off season, Arnie always said we can revert back to 4-4-2 if we need to but we've got a whole new group of players now.

shipwreck

Based on those highlights I'd actually play him on the left wing, seems very comfortable cutting in for a curling shot with his right foot.

dibo

I'd like Mossy to tinker with our formation too, 4-2-3-1 won us a GF but I'd like Moss to try something new in the off season, Arnie always said we can revert back to 4-4-2 if we need to but we've got a whole new group of players now.
We need a bit of tactical flexibility.

The last couple of years we've been very set in terms of our defensive structure, with the only notable change being Mossy trying the back 3/5 (depends how you read it - was a 5-4-1 in defence, but FBs push on like wingers) a couple of times late last year. I don't think that's a problem; we don't need to get any trickier than that without the ball. As long as everyone knows their jobs and everyone does their jobs, we're fine.

In attack though, we were pretty dull last year. A bit of flexibility would be nice, a bit of unpredictability would help unlock defences and might help our players uncover hitherto unseen talents? Who knows...

Big Al

On his touch it either looks a little heavy but defence so shit he still gets there or he picks the spot to put the ball in & get there first.

Tighter defences might cause him issues getting past.

Finally our very own african we were promised 12 months ago.

Malick on the left - Duke in the middle - Fitzy on the right
Strings pulled by Trifiro or Kim

Can interchange Malick, Kim, Fitzy, Sim & Slater on the left side.

Like to see the next attacker be either a right winger, full blown striker or a string puller

Big Al

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...000746670?nk=3ac610aa85d2fcb94974d1a0da821609

"The Daily Telegraph can reveal the confusion stems from the sale of the Mariners in April last year from previous chairman Peter Turnbull, to the club’s current owner Michael Charlesworth.

Contracted Mariners players were asked to sign an agreement acknowledging the change of ownership, but by the time the document was drafted, McGlinchey was already in Japan and did not sign it.

With McGlinchey’s case now in arbitration, sources have indicated Charlesworth and Mariners CEO Bruce Stalder approached the players last week asking them to sign yet another agreement, this time stating that ownership of the club was, in fact, never transferred.

But current Mariners players are understood to be confused about which company they are contracted to and many of them have been advised by their agents not to sign anything until the situation is resolved.

“There is no concern about the ownership of Central Coast Mariners, or player contracts,” an FFA spokesman said.

“This is simply a transfer from one Mike Charlesworth company to another Mike Charlesworth company. There is some paperwork to be finalised by the club, which should be completed in the coming days”.

localpom

I liked this bit in the media release..
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/News--Moss-makes-Mané-a-Mariner/91341

Along with Mitchell Duke, Matt Simon, Nick Fitzgerald, Isaka Cernak and Tom Slater, Malick Mané provides us with another strong option in attack. And, we hope to have another attacking recruit finalised over the coming days.”
Sounds good. We lacked a bit of versatility going forward which wasn't helped by all the player movements. Defensively we are pretty strong, i can't see too many better defensive teams than us as long as we get that right. Another attacking recruit will have us well set for the season.

dibo

Contracted Mariners players were asked to sign an agreement acknowledging the change of ownership, but by the time the document was drafted, McGlinchey was already in Japan and did not sign it.

With McGlinchey’s case now in arbitration, sources have indicated Charlesworth and Mariners CEO Bruce Stalder approached the players last week asking them to sign yet another agreement, this time stating that ownership of the club was, in fact, never transferred.

Clusterf**k.

Luke

Went to training this morning and took a couple of pictures.This was the best one I got in regards to the whole group in one shot (had to play with the picture to get it to upload so hopefully it's okay).A few things I noticed....

-Neil looks to be fully recovered from injury.He did everything the rest of the squad did.
-No sign of Matty Simon
-I've got no idea who the 2 players to the left of Zac are.Mossy was calling number 19 Andre.Neither are from the academy.
-When they were doing the one touch drills they looked pretty sharp.Reddy getting involved in that was quite funny though,he should stick to keeping.Didn't put the gloves on at all.He was about half a lap behind when they were doing fitness aha!
-Josh Roses beard is even more glorious in person.

Attachments

• GROUPedit.jpg
    GROUPedit.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 32

Roy Law

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...000746670?nk=3ac610aa85d2fcb94974d1a0da821609

"The Daily Telegraph can reveal the confusion stems from the sale of the Mariners in April last year from previous chairman Peter Turnbull, to the club’s current owner Michael Charlesworth.

But current Mariners players are understood to be confused about which company they are contracted to and many of them have been advised by their agents not to sign anything until the situation is resolved.

“There is no concern about the ownership of Central Coast Mariners, or player contracts,” an FFA spokesman said.

“This is simply a transfer from one Mike Charlesworth company to another Mike Charlesworth company. There is some paperwork to be finalised by the club, which should be completed in the coming days”.
This is so reminiscent of Clive Palmer; it is either shonky or incompetent.

true believer

all things in proportion
When you said:

you were reducing the discussion down to size.

The Japanese were shit because they didn't have a go. The Chileans were smaller, but they did have a go, and they probably deserved a spot in the quarters over Brazil.

This World Cup was less about size than it was about having quality (duh) but also having tactical flexibility and an aggressive intent to win. Teams that wanted to take the games on and had multiple routes to goal got results. Teams that faffed about or were one-dimensional got nowhere.

Coming back to the topic of the thread, our primary flaw last year was not having quality possession, leading to players being unwilling to make attacking runs because nobody wants to be caught out of position as possession is lost behind them and the opposition can create overloads. That lack of attacking runs denied us attacking options. We became one dimensional (or worse, completely impotent).

In past years, our strength in controlling and consolidating possession meant people were keen to gamble, knowing that we wouldn't give the ball up cheaply and so we created multiple routes to goal.

That didn't mean we had more ball than the opposition, but when we had it we had purpose. If when you have the ball you're creating lots of chances, it doesn't matter if the opposition has the ball more than you as long as you score more than them. Better to scare people on the break than bore them to death. On the flip-side, if you have all the ball but no purpose, you get nowhere. See Japan.

all things in proportion is what I said basing that position on the 3 midfielders behind our striker
my proposition is that one of these guys need to be physical able play ie a mark viduka role .

Last edited:

Big Al

Went to training this morning and took a couple of pictures.This was the best one I got in regards to the whole group in one shot (had to play with the picture to get it to upload so hopefully it's okay).A few things I noticed....

-Neil looks to be fully recovered from injury.He did everything the rest of the squad did.
-No sign of Matty Simon
-I've got no idea who the 2 players to the left of Zac are.Mossy was calling number 19 Andre.Neither are from the academy.
-When they were doing the one touch drills they looked pretty sharp.Reddy getting involved in that was quite funny though,he should stick to keeping.Didn't put the gloves on at all.He was about half a lap behind when they were doing fitness aha!
19 Has 19 on chest & 23 shorts on so rush job for sure
30 looks like a very solid unit.

sydmariner

-No sign of Matty Simon
must be trailists

gull

Seriously. Someone needs to get a huge kick up the backside for this error. What an absolute joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred