• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Big Al

Marcel Seip is being reported in Dutch media as popping up at second-flight club FC Emmen.

http://m.emmen.nu/sport/actueel/334019/marcel-seip-naar-fc-emmen.html

I don't think he's contracted yet; wonder if MC is hanging for a transfer fee? If so, give it up. Park up the float, pat him on the nose, top up his feed bag and RUN.
We should definately get rid of him & then re-sign him as the striker Mossy is looking for as he hit him as good if not better than Duke & Simon when inside the attacking 18yr box. The rest of the field well you've got better chance of knowing where an under 10 will kick it.

nebakke

i'm willing to give him a 2nd chance everyone makes mistakes (execpt me of course but you all knew that:p)

I totally agree about second chances, that's not really my issue with him... My issue with him is that I think he's a squaddie at absolute best, I never thought he brought much to the games and always felt that it was bad sign to see him run on.
Once that's said, what do I know? He might have improved with the time away or something...

nebakke

Slater isn't seen as much by many people unfortunately.A mates rates signing for his Dad when Arnie was here in my opinion.

I've raised this before, but I don't think I've seen a single report from anyone who's actually seen him play... It seems like the majority of the hate is really directed at his dad.
I seem to recall that the few comments that I've seen about his actual abilities, were that he's a decent player probably one day a decent squaddie.

nebakke

We should definately get rid of him & then re-sign him as the striker Mossy is looking for as he hit him as good if not better than Duke & Simon when inside the attacking 18yr box. The rest of the field well you've got better chance of knowing where an under 10 will kick it.

Showing my lack of football understanding now, but I belong to the - very small - group who don't have that big of an issue with Seip. He started poorly, yes, but I actually thought he finished up alright. He did fairly well as a back a couple of times and made fewer fatal mistakes in defence than Li'lGriff.
I'd like to see a new Tesco in defence, obviously, but short of one of them, I think we could do worse than Seip as a squaddie. That being said, I don't have particularly strong feelings about him, so if he goes, good luck to him...

Big Al

I've raised this before, but I don't think I've seen a single report from anyone who's actually seen him play... It seems like the majority of the hate is really directed at his dad.
I seem to recall that the few comments that I've seen about his actual abilities, were that he's a decent player probably one day a decent squaddie.
He is still very young as well. Would be probably 17 by now. Also I think Sim is more of a left winger & would be in front of Slater.

Sim left wing, Fitzy right Kim in the middle - Based on current squad IMO

Big Al

Showing my lack of football understanding now, but I belong to the - very small - group who don't have that big of an issue with Seip. He started poorly, yes, but I actually thought he finished up alright. He did fairly well as a back a couple of times and made fewer fatal mistakes in defence than Li'lGriff.
I'd like to see a new Tesco in defence, obviously, but short of one of them, I think we could do worse than Seip as a squaddie. That being said, I don't have particularly strong feelings about him, so if he goes, good luck to him...
To me Seip is like Griffiths without potential to improve

Gratis

It's about value. He's reputed to be on a big wedge - our highest paid player. Everyone can agree that's not right. He wasn't a starter let alone our best. That costs us cap space that could be better used elsewhere.
that's my my thinking also, he's good enough but not good enough to take up too much in the way of $ or a foreign player spot

localpom

It's about value. He's reputed to be on a big wedge - our highest paid player. Everyone can agree that's not right. He wasn't a starter let alone our best. That costs us cap space that could be better used elsewhere.
Spot on Dibo. I wasn't one of the Seip haters, in fact i thought he was pretty solid when he played. But....for a guy that was reputed to be on one of our highest salaries that isn't good enough and we can't afford to carry one of our highest paid players as a squaddie.

nebakke

He is still very young as well. Would be probably 17 by now. Also I think Sim is more of a left winger & would be in front of Slater.

That's exactly right, good or not, he should be judged on his own qualities, or lack of same, rather than his father's commentating skills - or lack of same. At this point, we've probably got a couple of guys to start there before him anyway, so give him a chance to develop....

Sim left wing, Fitzy right Kim in the middle - Based on current squad IMO

This, although Kim is technically a left winger as well ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing them try something drastic, like:

Fitz - Trifiro - Kim maybe...

nebakke

Spot on Dibo. I wasn't one of the Seip haters, in fact i thought he was pretty solid when he played. But....for a guy that was reputed to be on one of our highest salaries that isn't good enough and we can't afford to carry one of our highest paid players as a squaddie.

Fair point that, I hadn't really thought about the cost... "Good enough" really isn't, for someone taking up a Visa spot etc... At the same time though, now that he's here, and until he goes, I don't see any point in punishing him for making a good deal. We may as well try to get the best out of him.

dibo

Fair point that, I hadn't really thought about the cost... "Good enough" really isn't, for someone taking up a Visa spot etc... At the same time though, now that he's here, and until he goes, I don't see any point in punishing him for making a good deal. We may as well try to get the best out of him.
I wouldn't suggest dumping him (that's not fair on a player) but if there's a deal offered to him elsewhere, we ought to wish him well and send him on his way.

Arnie made a few sketchy signings that simply didn't work.

By season, the senior players who I think didn't work for reasons unrelated to injury (I'm leaving out kids):

2010/11:
  • Mrdja
  • Perez
2011/12:
  • Baird
  • McDonald
  • Hearfield
  • McDonald
  • Pellegrino
  • Musialik
  • McClenahan
  • Sutton (only on loan)
2013/14:
  • Simon
  • Flores
  • Seip
As you can see, 2011/12 was a cracker for questionable signings. He followed up with a great year in 2012/13, and then last year made three iffy calls - Flores didn't work with our play, Simon hasn't worked and Seip wasn't a locked-in first XI player and certainly was no Patrick replacement.

He made some great calls too, but there are some dead set stinkers in there. I mean, really? Baird? McClenahan? What was he thinking...

LG7

Unless there's a chance to pick up a key player, I completely agree with this. Though, if he is on such a high salary then maybe its best holding off on grabbing another more expensive player to fill the Visa spot.

sydmariner

well he did score on debut against spirit fc

midfielder

Marcel Seip is being reported in Dutch media as popping up at second-flight club FC Emmen.

http://m.emmen.nu/sport/actueel/334019/marcel-seip-naar-fc-emmen.html

I don't think he's contracted yet; wonder if MC is hanging for a transfer fee? If so, give it up. Park up the float, pat him on the nose, top up his feed bag and RUN.

Agree let him go ...

Agree your list on some of our player buys...

Of all the coaches me thinks arguably Popa has proved the best at picking players for his squad and style of play...

Luke

That's exactly right, good or not, he should be judged on his own qualities, or lack of same, rather than his father's commentating skills - or lack of same. At this point, we've probably got a couple of guys to start there before him anyway, so give him a chance to develop....

I don't hold anything against because of who his dad is.People that do are being unfair on the poor bloke.

BUT from what I know,none of the youth boys think he's anything special and are all under the impression he was only signed because Arnie and his Dad are mates.
If he was a special talent Sydney wouldn't of let him go so easy and it would of been easier for him to stay in Sydney if he was wanted by them.
That's my opinion anyway.More then happy to be proved wrong and develop into something special.

sydmariner

I wouldn't suggest dumping him (that's not fair on a player) but if there's a deal offered to him elsewhere, we ought to wish him well and send him on his way.

Arnie made a few sketchy signings that simply didn't work.

By season, the senior players who I think didn't work for reasons unrelated to injury (I'm leaving out kids):

2010/11:
  • Mrdja
  • Perez
2011/12:
  • Baird
  • McDonald
  • Hearfield
  • McDonald
  • Pellegrino
  • Musialik
  • McClenahan
  • Sutton (only on loan)
2013/14:
  • Simon
  • Flores
  • Seip
As you can see, 2011/12 was a cracker for questionable signings. He followed up with a great year in 2012/13, and then last year made three iffy calls - Flores didn't work with our play, Simon hasn't worked and Seip wasn't a locked-in first XI player and certainly was no Patrick replacement.

He made some great calls too, but there are some dead set stinkers in there. I mean, really? Baird? McClenahan? What was he thinking...
i didn't think that pellegrino was actually that bad

elevated position

Trifiro might surprise as told to me by one of the first x1 players he was totally unfit at this level last season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred