• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

style_cafe

Morton, Ando, Bosnar and Major all out of contract this year? I will be amazed if any are retained after yesterday. The decks will be cleared and we can all get excited at the start of next season with our new recruits and coach. Because we are football fans and whatever happened yesterday will be long forgotten and we will all be full of enthusiasm come the start of next year. COYY! :overheadl:

Have you been drinking again Roy?

pjennings

We currently have a salary cap of $2.55mill and a squad size limit of 23. You can also have 3 U21 players that count outside the cap and the squad limit.

This is potentially an advantage I can see from the Everton connection. The loan deals which normally count towards the cap will be for U21 players and can be held outside the cap allowing for better quality within the cap.

The way I see the deal is that they may be looking at the younger guys and we would be looking at guys closer to 21. I would hope that anyone we look at would be our first team quality or pushing for first team selection. I would think that Pandurevic, Bingham and Slater might be considered to go to Everton - none of whom are looking likely to meaning game time here and could benefit from going to Finch Farm. Coming the other side I would think Everton would want to send players that will get game time - or else there is no point in sending them. Possibilities would be Galloway (a CB), Jones (an Australian born RB) and Christopher Long (a CS)

bikinigirl

We currently have a salary cap of $2.55mill and a squad size limit of 23. You can also have 3 U21 players that count outside the cap and the squad limit.

This is potentially an advantage I can see from the Everton connection. The loan deals which normally count towards the cap will be for U21 players and can be held outside the cap allowing for better quality within the cap.

. i can't imagine the FFA would allow us to count foreign U21s outside the cap ... i thought the idea was to encourage and nurture the talent of young aussies by offering them something between a full a-league spot and a NYL spot

. it is a moot point anyway i s'pose if, as has been reported, we are well under the cap regardless

bikinigirl

I think the only thing we can be sure of Pat is that we're going to try and continue to bring more exciting youth through, to sell them on sure, but has been great watching the youngsters develop.

But will we be able to seriously compete? I think there is more cause now than six weeks ago to be optimistic, but I thoroughly agree, our squad is clearly off the pace and we do need to spend. There's a reason for the salary cap, and our inability to spend up to it (or over via marquees) is showing more than at any other time. That said, the club is finally making good noises again...so I thing there's a bit of light at the end of this seasons tunnel.

. it is all well and good for the club to have the ambition to bring the kids through to sell off ... but that can only work in the right environment. there are many key ingredients to make this work, including:
  • giving them the opportunity to play against the 'big boys' as a real test of their already identified talent
  • the right coaching to nurture their talent and manage their workload
  • guidance on the pitch from a core of experienced players to help with their matchplay and confidence
. lose one of these and the systems falters. the problem is we are not ticking many of those boxes. guys that i still consider to be young hopefuls have been marking time under the current club structure (such as caceres) whilst others have probably gone backwards (fitzy, zac and duke for example)

. in some ways it is unfortunate that we were blessed with such an exceptional group of youngsters (including amini, rogic, ryan, sainsbury plus bozanic, ibini and duke) ... it made the ideal look so much easier to achieve than it actually is

nearlyyellow

The total HAL Squad size is limited to 26 contracted players including a minimum of 3 Youth Contracted players (20 or younger years of age) Note that the 3 of the 23 (excluding the 3 Youth Contracted players) can be Youth players whose salary can be less than the rest of the squad.

Anyway my understanding agrees with bg, I think that the "Youth" players must be Australian, not visa players, because if they are "non Australian" then they would have to come in as one of the 3 allowed contracted international visa players, excluding of course the International marquee player, who is outside the cap anyway. Also bear in mind that we are allowed Guest players whose salaries are excluded from the cap for a maximum of 10 weeks, but don't ask me if the "guest" players have to be International, visa players, and included in the limit of 3, because I can't work that out.

:confused: .. or something, they make these rules very difficult to follow, and in the event of a dispute I can see the lawyers licking their lips at the fees that will be generated in the dispute resolution.

pjennings

The total HAL Squad size is limited to 26 contracted players including a minimum of 3 Youth Contracted players (20 or younger years of age) Note that the 3 of the 23 (excluding the 3 Youth Contracted players) can be Youth players whose salary can be less than the rest of the squad.
Yes - my mistake :oops:

Roy Law

Whether he fits into the clubs plans is for the club to decide.
I realize that they are scouting for a new coach & may not want to sign anyone at this point.
I`m not looking to get anything out of this other than to help my team.
A simple reply, "yes we`re interested in having a chat" or "no we`re not interested" it`s that simple.
We`ve really struggled at CB all season & leaked goals like never before, one would think the management may have some interest due to his age & experience.
Very unlucky not to score with a strong header from a corner for his club Burton yesterday; playing at left back, header was cleared off the line. Burton won 2-0 to continue challenge for promotion.

scoober

Morton, Ando, Bosnar and Major all out of contract this year? I will be amazed if any are retained after yesterday. The decks will be cleared and we can all get excited at the start of next season with our new recruits and coach. Because we are football fans and whatever happened yesterday will be long forgotten and we will all be full of enthusiasm come the start of next year. COYY! :overheadl:
Sorry to burst your bubble a little, but part of Moss's handy work was to extend Bosnars contract... So another year with a slow dire CB in the ranks. Thanks Mossy!!

Wombat

Sorry to burst your bubble a little, but part of Moss's handy work was to extend Bosnars contract... So another year with a slow dire CB in the ranks. Thanks Mossy!!

He is not the only useless player Moss saddled us with.

pjennings

Are you sure? He was initially on a 5 month contract and then extended for a season last May.

dibo

I don't think that's right. He extended Bosnar's deal to the end of this season, not next.

Atomic

I don't think that's right. He extended Bosnar's deal to the end of this season, not next.
Thank Christ for that. We can do better. We NEED to do better. If we maintain the status quo at the back, then it doesn't matter what quality we have up front, we won't be competing for the plate next season.

style_cafe

Very unlucky not to score with a strong header from a corner for his club Burton yesterday; playing at left back, header was cleared off the line. Burton won 2-0 to continue challenge for promotion.

Did he play better than B.Griffiths? :popcorn:

pjennings

Thank Christ for that. We can do better. We NEED to do better. If we maintain the status quo at the back, then it doesn't matter what quality we have up front, we won't be competing for the plate next season.

Surely Wilko is getting homesick :)

MagpieMariner

Do we know for sure the club wanted him to stay? Could the words in this article be a snow job to cover for him not being offered an extension?
I don't know nuthin', I'm just askin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred