• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

FFC Mariner

Wishful thinking.

A year of slash and burn then 2 years to make everyone forget and its pick the least worst time again.

I'm waiting for Hockey's "the books are worse than we feared" speech. Cant be far away

dibo

It's going to be pretty hard for him to give that speech while his pants are on fire.

dibo

Any figures on the preference flow?
Not yet - the full distribution of preferences data won't be released by the AEC until later in the week at the earliest, but the simple fact is that in most cases, about 75% of voters follow the HTV.

true believer

look I found some hasbeen bait . lets face it .it's better than catching salmon

godwins-law1.png

marinersman

Dobell not looking so certain.

That is very, very optimistic. Dobell will go to the Libs and I'm very surprised you would dare to suggest it's not done and dusted. Postal votes always favour the Libs and you know that. As of time of writing, The Libs are 722 ahead And virtually impossible to lose from here.

I'm a life long Liberal voter and will be to the day I die, but i would not have been disappointed if Emma got up. My wife and I are good friends with Emma and she is an absolutely wonderful and outstandingingly special person. She would have been a wonderful Federal Member. She has devoted her life to helping others and her community. She comes from a large and close family and has fantastic parents. I absolutely adore her mother. It's been a magnificent effort for her to get so close.

Being pre-selected so close to the election just goes to show Labor thought they could not win on the Central Coast. The Libs have always been and always will be the natural choice of government in this country. Unlike Europe, we are naturally socially and economically conservative. Labor had almost 12 years in opposition to get its act together and in government they were dreadful and Simply not up to the job.

Labor's vicious hatred for one another and obsession and fear of Abbott meant they were not fit to govern. The "Gradiose Narcissist" made sure the party was completely disfunctional. The fact that a party could hate him more than the opposition and was allowed to destroy the government and a PM says all you need to know about a party that is completely unelectable. The Libs will be laughing at Shorten as OL. The man is a poor politician and Abbott will eat him up everyday. Very steep learning curve for him and very poor in front of the media and has no principles. Ask JG for a character reference.

dibo

That is very, very optimistic. Dobell will go to the Libs and I'm very surprised you would dare to suggest it's not done and dusted. Postal votes always favour the Libs and you know that. As of time of writing, The Libs are 722 ahead And virtually impossible to lose from here.

Labor won the postals and absentees last time.

The Libs have always been and always will be the natural choice of government in this country. Unlike Europe, we are naturally socially and economically conservative. Labor had almost 12 years in opposition to get its act together and in government they were dreadful and Simply not up to the job.

Trainspotter moment.

Since 11/11/75 when Kerr led a coup to install Fraser as PM, Labor and the Coalition have almost evenly split their time in Government - Fraser had 2,671 days, Howard 4,284 for the Libs' total of 6,955. Hawke and Keating had 4,746 and Rudd and Gillard 2,479 for Labor's 7,225.

There's no 'natural' party of government.

Labor's legacy is good;
  • a strong economy despite the GFC
    • low unemployment, low inflation and low interest rates;
    • the world's best executed stimulus program preventing the country breaking its 22 year streak of economic growth;
    • sensible, manageable use of the budget as a tool to prevent the economy crashing;
  • big investments in schools, hospitals, childcare and universities;
  • a swathe of tax cuts for middle Australia (two in fact - in 2008 and 2012);
  • the biggest real increase in pensions for older Australians in over a century;
  • action on climate change;
  • an apology to the stolen generation;
  • putting marriage equality into the national spotlight;
  • DisabilityCare has been established, and;
  • a revised funding model for schools is in place to boost educational opportunities across the board.
That's not the record of a dreadful government.

Labor's vicious hatred for one another and obsession and fear of Abbott meant they were not fit to govern. The "Gradiose Narcissist" made sure the party was completely disfunctional. The fact that a party could hate him more than the opposition and was allowed to destroy the government and a PM says all you need to know about a party that is completely unelectable. The Libs will be laughing at Shorten as OL. The man is a poor politician and Abbott will eat him up everyday. Very steep learning curve for him and very poor in front of the media and has no principles. Ask JG for a character reference.

A dysfunctional, completely unelectable party led by a grandiose narcissist got 47% of the 2PP and are close enough to win in 2016; what's that say about your lot and your leader?

Wombat

Ha, this is who I'm desperately hoping will get the job. Terrific debater. She's been brilliant time and again. Tougher and smarter than Julia. Far more composed and balanced than Rudd. No ego, a lot of passion, and more charismatic than any of the others imho with the possible exception of Shorten. Personally I think a follow up female leader would be a brilliant move for labour. Coincidence that the Abbott campaign surrounded him with women and released their paid parental leave on steroids scheme. They knew where his achilles heel lay. I don't think Australia needs ten years. And if losing now, means having Tanya instead of kevin as PM, that's a pretty decent tonic.

I wouldn't mind seeing a gay atheist asian in Penny Wong too :piano: I know I know.... but i think she's definitely one of the smartest politicians in the country. I would have said she perhaps might lack some of the charisma required... but when I compare her to Tony, Kevin or Julia, that argument completely falls apart.

Otherwise I do like Shorten, but I agree with FFC. Not a wise idea.

Lol....Penny Wong.

Wombat

D

No Federal Gov has ever lost at the first election... meaning I guess unless the Libs are beyond hopeless they will be in for two terms...IYO will the next ALP leader be someone to re build or someone to be leader over say 6 years...

My outside pick would be a Bill Shorten leader Penny Wong [2IC] ... if it was a 6 year plan .. if a 3 * 3 plan ... Albo as leader with Shorten as 2IC...

Shorten, Albo and Wong!

How desperately short of talent is the Labor party.

Tanya appears the only hope.

dibo

Shorten, Albo and Wong!

How desperately short of talent is the Labor party.

Tanya appears the only hope.
You ever seen any of them in person? Albo in full flight could lift houses clear off the ground. Penny blows the doors off any room.

We're not short of talent; I reckon we match up pretty well one to one with anybody they've got.

Forum Phoenix

I think Bill and Tanya vie will be pretty formidable myself. And yes Womby! :pirashoot:
I like Penny. :shoutclap: As if we'll ever agree on the same team ;)

Last edited:

Wombat

I think Bill and Tanya vie will be pretty formidable myself. And yes Womby! :pirashoot:
I like Penny. :shoutclap: As if we'll ever agree on the same team ;)

Penny reminds me of Elliot Goblet.....and she could probably grow the beard!
Personally I like Asian Lesbians....seen some pretty decent movies in years gone by.

Wombat

Btw I voted Liberal this election although I thought Deb O did an excellent job.

Hopefully Labor can regain my vote in the future.

midfielder

Gotta say I like the idea of ALP members choosing [well half the vote] of who is their next leader ...

If I had to choose I would favour Albo .... but Blinky is OK too ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred