• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

dibo

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/01/15/liverpool-eye-aussie-goalkeeper-mat-ryan/

Huge rumour Ryan's off the Liverpool as their number one keeper..

IMO just about the perfect move … would be number one keeper with an excellent coach in an improving and highly rated side…
Rumour should be emphasised - it's papers reporting other papers reporting that there's interest, there isn't a quote from anyone at Liverpool FC. It's in Brugge's interests to talk up the interest because interest = competition = $$$.

midfielder

Rumour should be emphasised - it's papers reporting other papers reporting that there's interest, there isn't a quote from anyone at Liverpool FC. It's in Brugge's interests to talk up the interest because interest = competition = $$$.

You could be right however its from an English paper and from what I understand a high quality writer .... that's not to say it's not BS ... however clubs rarely make statements on players they are chasing at an early stage only when they table an offer ...

dibo

Doesn't matter if it's a quality writer or not - what's been written is reports that there are reports. It's practically the definition of substance-free journalism. It's pub talk - Rodgers wants a keeper good with his feet + Ryan is good with his feet + Ryan is open to offers overseas + Brugge are talking up his prospects. There are a few steps missing.

Talk to me when there's someone at Melwood actually being quoted, until then it's really 2 + 2 = 64.

midfielder

OK OK OK I understand ... but the stories being done to death and across a number of outlets all coping each other I guess ..

As the line goes '''show me the money''''

VicMariner

I think he should probably stay at CB for another season at least.
He is the No. 1 by far and his reputation and value is going up and up. Why risk getting benched at a big club?

pjennings

Jedinak and Ryan Honoured as PFA Major Award Winners
BRISBANE: Thursday, January 15, 2014
Socceroos Captain Mile Jedinak and Goalkeeper Mat Ryan honoured as Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) announces the winners of the 2013/14 PFA Footballer of the Year and Harry Kewell Medal.

PFA Harry Kewell Medallist Mat Ryan and PFA Footballer of the Year Mile Jedinak.
Becoming the first player in the history of the award to have won it twice, Ryan claimed the PFA Harry Kewell Medal after an outstanding 2013/14 season in the Belgian Pro League with Club Brugge and with the Socceroos.

Having previously won the award in 2012, the former Central Coast Mariners shot stopper edged out Mathew Leckie and Trent Sainsbury to become the sixth recipient of the Harry Kewell Medal.

Upon receiving the Harry Kewell Medal, Ryan said he was honoured to have become the first player to twice win the award.

“Winning the award the first time was something that was extremely special and to have been able to do it twice is unbelievable,” said Ryan “The 2013/14 season was a fantastic one for me with the club and the National Team and I’m continuing to love every minute of my time with Club Brugee and the Socceroos.

“Every single player that was nominated for this award was deserving of it, and I’m very humbled to have been voted by the players as the winner. These awards mean a lot to players as your peers understand just how hard it is to be successful in this game and I’m very thankful for their recognition.”

Having led the Socceroos during the World Cup Finals in Brazil and Crystal Palace to an 11th placed finish in the English Premier League, Jedinak follows the likes of Tim Cahill, Robbie Kruse, Mark Schwarzer and Matt McKay in being named as PFA Footballer of the Year. Voted on by all of the PFA’s members Jedinak finished ahead of Mathew Leckie and Tim Cahill in the voting.

“Looking through the list of former winners and to now have my name amongst them is something that is truly humbling,” said Jedinak. “Last season was a very special one for me both on a club and country level.

“To lead my club in the Premier League and the Socceroos at a World Cup was a dream come true and this award just tops it off.”

PFA President Matt McKay paid tribute to Jedinak and Ryan and said both were extremely worthy recipients.

“Mile and Mat’s performances throughout the 2013/14 season for club and country have been truly outstanding by anyone’s standards,” said McKay. “Both have added enormously to the respect that the Nation’s footballers have earned at the very highest level of the game, and there is little doubt that they will continue to do so for a long time to come.”

http://www.pfa.net.au/index.php?id=5&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=697&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=38597d043b

style_cafe

Methinks Trent Sainsbury could be heading to a bigger club soon following his strong perfomances in the Asian Cup.....

Atomic

Methinks Trent Sainsbury could be heading to a bigger club soon following his strong perfomances in the Asian Cup.....
I had heard rumours linking him to PSV. Another MoM on Saturday night could see his stocks rise even higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred