• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Expectations

2014/15 Expectations

• Total voters

eenfish

If we want the A-League to go next level, Socceroos need to win the AFC Cup. Japan will be tough, what with Honda and Kagawa hitting form, but anything less than a final appearance will be an abject failure and not winning it all will be underwhelming. That said, if we are to lose, hopefully not as heart breaking as 2011.

As for the "so-called "experts"", the latest FourFourTwo magazine with the A-League preview has all the SBS Friday Night Live crew giving their top 6 predictions, and not one even mentions us anywhere. You'd think they would have learnt by now? We all know the chant...

pjennings

I believe this is our crunch year. We need to deliver on our strengths in the next couple of years before the next TV deal. This means youth and the COE.

Of our 25 players we only have Reddy, Nash, Roux, Kalik, Slater, Caceres, Rose, Vernes and Duke signed beyond this season. Josh Rose, Neill, Anderson, Bosnar, Griffiths, Poscoliero, Morton, Monty, Hutch, Kim, Sim, Tricky, Fitzy, Cernak, Mane and Simin are all on their last year. This gives Mossy a great chance to rebuild the squad. However, players have to want to stay here or come here. I think for that top happen a number of things have to be delivered on.

For young players, the Academy/s, the NYL and the scouting network need to be seen as the pathway to the Mariners first team. Mossy admitted that when he was made the first team manager that the worst decision by the club that was made was to not replace him as Academy TD. A decision based on money and one which I believe they are working hard to repair the damage done.

For older players we need stability in the club. It is all well and good to say you are committed to the coast, and further investment would seem to point that way, but a blueprint for growth, even if it includes games at NSO and Brookvale needs to be shown. Some further delivery on the COE and a achievable blueprint will allay a lot of fears around stability.

For supporters the blueprint is also needed. In 2017 when we have either 17 or 18 games home games do people want to pay an extra 50% on top of their season ticket to see all the games or would 13 or 14 home games be sufficient? The other thing that is needed is for the supporters to want to come. The club seems to want to enhance the 'game-day' experience but it really comes down to a successful team that the community can embrace. That means attractive play and cult figures. Duke is an obvious cult figure but I believe Mane, with fitness, can also be one. Equally, the emergence of players like Kalik, Rose and Neill as well as the development of Caceres and Fitzgerald will be welcomed by the supporters. However, it is up to Mossy to set us up to play attractive and hopefully successful football.

eenfish

I tipped Fitzy to have a break out last year, he sort of did, are they reckoning he will be a top player in the league instead of just an important player for us?

Roy Law

I tipped Fitzy to have a break out last year, he sort of did, are they reckoning he will be a top player in the league instead of just an important player for us?
Works hard, like McGlinchey; beats people easily, like McGlinchey. All he has to do, as McGlinchey eventually did, is to finish the chances he gets and we will forget McGlinchey.

true believer

I think fitz could have a 10 goal season for us .
I see the fitz/ mane comb possibly adding maybe 20 goal/assits .

I feel confident

nebakke

Another good read. Really hope Bosnar is right with Duke having a blinder.
Also interesting to note that Moss has been focussed on speed for his training.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...l-become-aleague-royalty-20141006-10qwu9.html

It stands to reason... I think we were all fairly excited about Duke's speed but also frustrated at the seeming inability of the ball, in keeping up with him. If Mossy can get Duke to actually bring the ball along with him when he runs, he'll be formidable!
To me, the stand-out moment for Duke, was last season, against Adelaide at BT, when he managed to push one of the Adelaide defenders to a point that they gave away a corner in spite of them actually having started well into our half... He has the dogged persistence he needs and he has the speed that he needs... If he can just remember to bring the bl**dy ball, he'll be awesome (didn't want to use formidable twice in one post ;) )

Capt. Awesome

It stands to reason... I think we were all fairly excited about Duke's speed but also frustrated at the seeming inability of the ball, in keeping up with him. If Mossy can get Duke to actually bring the ball along with him when he runs, he'll be formidable!
To me, the stand-out moment for Duke, was last season, against Adelaide at BT, when he managed to push one of the Adelaide defenders to a point that they gave away a corner in spite of them actually having started well into our half... He has the dogged persistence he needs and he has the speed that he needs... If he can just remember to bring the bl**dy ball, he'll be awesome (didn't want to use formidable twice in one post ;) )

The mention about speed is about the whole team focussing on speed not just Duke. Sorry should have highlighted that better.

Jaundice

(snip)
If we want the A-League to go next level, Socceroos need to win the AFC Cup.

We can hope but it shouldn't be expected.

I think it would definitely give the A league, Mariners and football in general a shot in the arm in terms of support if the Socceroos managed to take it out in glorious fashion. I don't however think its imperative to the A leagues growth or success.

nebakke

The mention about speed is about the whole team focussing on speed not just Duke. Sorry should have highlighted that better.

Heh... OR I could just read the article BEFORE commenting, rather than after... ;) However, I suppose my point still stands... Any work having them run faster ought to help...

Roy Law

Duke's problem is composure; not speed or determination - which he has in spades. If he can develop a calmness under pressure he will fire. Mind you, it will help if he is played in the best position for him...up front.

Roy Law

I like the idea of a quick mobile Mariners; there were moments against the Jets in Mudgee when they looked very good. Hopefully they turn it on this weekend.

Gratis

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021...-league-season-preview-central-coast-mariners

I liked these two comments:
* "Having won the A-League premiership in 2011-1
and the championship in 2012-13, last season
was the first time in three years that the Mariner
went without silverware.
Indeed it was also the first time in four seasons
they finished outside the top two – a remarkable
effort from a club that doesn't boast the financia
muscle of many of their rivals"

and we were only third on goal difference.
also,
* " GOAL AUSTRALIA'S EXPERT PREDICTION -
Michael Huguenin
It's A-League pre-season, so it's the perfect tim
to write off Central Coast.
Australian football pundits' favourite game is
dismissing the men from Gosford but although
the recruitment of the likes of Melbourne Victory,
Sydney FC and Perth Glory looks much more
impressive, it would be foolish to disregard the
Mariners."

Capt. Awesome

I've read so much press in the last few weeks. Every so called 'expert' has writen us off as the poor little Mariners. All of them are saying we won't evebt make the top 6. Most stating we I'll come 9th.

Can't wait to prove them wrong.

shipwreck

Did anyone read the article about Arnie Marinating the Sydney fc dressing room?

Kinda made me angry, especially the part about Clarke building a custom gym for the guys

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred