• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Expectations

2014/15 Expectations

• Total voters

Wombat

I put top 6 - but that is my minimum.

We will sign Nash as 2nd keeper and I suspect that if Seip goes we will sign Troy Hearfield. He can cover RB, CB, RM, CAM and CF. A very versatile squaddie and someone that can be great as a bench player. I also expect we will lose Wee-Mac but only after we have a replacement lined up. The two up front that Mossy talks about I think will be a speedy forward that can play centrally and either wing and the last one will be a true number 9. If all this comes to pass then let's go for the treble.;):pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

I don't want us to resign Hearfield, although he is a good squad player we need dead set starting 11 quality.

Wombat

Normally I tip us for a top two finish.

With the current squad I'd be happy with a top 6 finish next season but I'm nervous.

I think a decent attacking mid could make all the difference between us coming anywhere from 5th to 9th and actually making the grand final.

style_cafe

Last year we started as the Champions & although we lost a few players expectation was still high.
As the season panned out we lost Arnie,Clarkey, Weemac, Tesco etc & it became a matter of survival.
This year I think it`s got to be about re-building & gaining strength with 2015-16 being the year to go for it again.

IMO anything above the playoffs is a bonus for us.

Tassiemariner

8th. Squad at a standstill with other teams improving and other teams playing style being more consistent than ours.

I have us down as a good cup team though so hopefully Semi's in the FFA Cup.

midfielder

Normally I tip us for a top two finish.

With the current squad I'd be happy with a top 6 finish next season but I'm nervous.

I think a decent attacking mid could make all the difference between us coming anywhere from 5th to 9th and actually making the grand final.

agree

scottmac

Suspended
Kinda need an option for "happy to be here". I think we'll miss the finals this year because although they try to keep the football department ensconced in a nice little bubble, the chaos does seep through eventually.

Let's just remember dibo, that we do not have 20 guys all heading for the door under the same circumstances as weemac.
What has been reported is still yet to be found for or against us. It still largely remains a rumour without any fact being published to ratify one way or another.
It's obviously not cut & dried otherwise we'd be at a resolution by now.

dibo

Let's just remember dibo, that we do not have 20 guys all heading for the door under the same circumstances as weemac.
What has been reported is still yet to be found for or against us. It still largely remains a rumour without any fact being published to ratify one way or another.
It's obviously not cut & dried otherwise we'd be at a resolution by now.
There is fact in the sense that there's a genuine dispute and there's been some sort of shenanigans relating to the ownership of the club, with players either having or not having to sign contracts and the PFA have been briefed. Nobody is denying that from the club.

This follows on from (and appears to be directly related to) a lengthy period of instability and financial turmoil around the club - this isn't new, but where we thought it had been put to bed it clearly hasn't.

The bubble is only impervious for so long.

scottmac

Suspended
Understand all that but like I said, we don't have 20 guys looking to get out. We have 1, who has been offered a better contract. If it wasn't financially better he'd be here training.

dibo

It's not the McGlinchey thing in particular I'm worried about. It's what allowed that situation to come about. Players come and players go but the chaos continues it seems.

scottmac

Suspended
This type of thing happens in football all the time. We are not trend setters in this reguard. He is a successful business man (leaving aside whether or not I think he is a c**t) & he'd know better than I in how to handle company operations & ownership.
The fact it has taken so long leads me to believe we are in the right but we have a player that doesn't want to return & a deal is being struck. Which obviously the FFA can't so we are left in a quandry

Big Al

This type of thing happens in football all the time. We are not trend setters in this reguard. He is a successful business man (leaving aside whether or not I think he is a c**t) & he'd know better than I in how to handle company operations & ownership.
The fact it has taken so long leads me to believe we are in the right but we have a player that doesn't want to return & a deal is being struck. Which obviously the FFA can't so we are left in a quandry
I also feel that the FFA would side with us as they would be implicated in the whole mess as they allowed or were aware of the licence move. They would not want a similar thing to turn into a mass exodus.
I think it will be a matter of them saying you belong to CCM & then he will kick his heals in & we will have to decide to release him or force him to play. The FFA may allow some sort of compensation to us to smooth it all over. E.g. Allow us to play more games at NSO (Boom Tish - To soon).

pjennings

Solid season - Nothing special nothing ordinary. Will get pumped once or twice.
Solid team may just be the key to making the Grand final qualifier.

Roar - Weaker Agreed
WSW - Weaker Agreed
CCM - Weaker - Unless new troops arrive Agreed - though a full pre-season for our mid-season recruits might help
MV - Even/Maybe a little stronger with Berisha Even
SFC - Should be better Agreed but defence looks thin again
AU - Much the same/possibly weaker without Jeronimo Definitely weaker
Jets - Much the same - lost Golden Boot however some nice pickups Look weaker
Perth - Slight Improvement Look marginally stronger but a big turnover may take time to gel
Nix - Will be improved if steal Weemac Agreed
Heart - To much squad movement with 10gamers - Will improve but won't have a settled team for the home stretch & if no englaar Apart from Villa for 10 games I'm not sold

No one really obvious to knock us out of the 6. Just missing some Ibini flair & finishing from the strong close to the season.

A strong start is very important

pjennings

Team changes so far. We will have Kim, Sim, Tricky, Bosnar and Cernak for a full pre-season as well. I'm still looking at top 6 for a minimum but am surprised that some teams, in spite of movement, seem to have gone backwards.
Adelaide United
(IN)
Jimmy Jeggo
Dylan McGowan

(OUT)
Jake Barker-Daish
Daniel Bowles
Jon McKain
Jacob Melling
Jeronimo Neumann
Michael Zullo

Brisbane Roar