• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Zoom Meeting 17 December 2020

turbo

Mostly good news. If we can beat the Jets, chance it on the 2nd game we could even have our full squad by round 3 (match fitness and gelling pending)
Might not get too far behind early in the season after all.
Lots of ifs there...
Anything could happen in the Jets game but I don’t expect they’ll be a lame duck. We simply won’t beat Macarthur with the players who will be available though. Oar will probably score despite not managing to do it for us.

Ozhammer

Whilst I don’t want to rub salt into the open wound, what I picked up from the forum regarding Ziggy’s departure was that he left CCM to seek greater long-term security to support his PR desires. This makes no sense given that WSW has only signed him for one season, thus the same deal he had with us.

Hmmmmm ?

Pirate Pete

Whilst I don’t want to rub salt into the open wound, what I picked up from the forum regarding Ziggy’s departure was that he left CCM to seek greater long-term security to support his PR desires. This makes no sense given that WSW has only signed him for one season, thus the same deal he had with us.

Hmmmmm ?
Doesn't really make sense. I didn't realise he'd only signed for one year.
The way Ken was talking he wanted long term security. I presumed he'd signed for at least two seasons.
If he thinks he can do a Josh Rose and come back he can think again.

priorpeter

Hmmmmm ?
It was also briefly mentioned that it was a better deal for him financially.

priorpeter

Hmmmmm ?

I’ve just been told by someone involved with the deal (who has no affiliation with CCM) that his deal at WSW is for 2 years. Haven’t yet heard back as to whether it is a 1 + 1 or a straight 2.

priorpeter

Wanderers announced it as one year only, perhaps a 1+1 assuming he meets certain conditions (which is what I thought he had at CCM originally?)

It’s what he had at CCM originally yes, and that option for an additional year was activated this year; he only had 1 season left here. So WSW have given him the likelihood of an additional year in the country to assist with his PR aspirations, on better financial terms.

Wombat

It’s what he had at CCM originally yes, and that option for an additional year was activated this year; he only had 1 season left here. So WSW have given him the likelihood of an additional year in the country to assist with his PR aspirations, on better financial terms.

What a wank. The ungrateful Jock bastard is more likely to get game time with us that anywhere else. We dont aspire to much and average performance with get you a new contract (if you are Pikey cheap!) every year.

Forum Phoenix

Very happy with Jonata.

Re Ziggy...jog on. I think Nigro may surprise and prove at least as capable as Ziggy. He had Great timing and effort but was way too slow, still made howlers, offered very little in attack and far too short for a proper CB - absolute liability at set pieces. I also much preferred miller at RB and I’m excited to hopefully see Hall get a chance.

Other visa signings sound promising but the big issue is obviously the delay /timing.

Going right against the grain here, Don’t share the anger at the club, total, utter, bitch of a year. Shaun has so much on his plate... New owner offers and due diligence, covid, New owner model and all the PFA shit, council bullshit, all the recontracting, and imo we absolutely need to be signing foreign attacking players - which forget covid - given our record and purse - has to have been a massive challenge that looks like they may have actually pulled off to some reasonable degree.

We’ll really need a bit of luck to get any sort of start. And this will reveal Staj’s quality like nothing else could. A couple scrappy draws would be a real feat.

Sick to shit of losing, but Honestly It barely even hurts anymore. I’m just looking forward to watching football again, having a few laughs and seeing some promising youth play, anything else is a bonus till our budget/ownership situation gets redressed or at the very least our visa players are here, fit and integrated.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Very happy with Jonata.

Re Ziggy...jog on. I think Nigro may surprise and prove at least as capable as Ziggy. He had Great timing and effort but was way too slow, still made howlers, offered very little in attack and far too short for a proper CB - absolute liability at set pieces. I also much preferred miller at RB and I’m excited to hopefully see Hall get a chance.

Other visa signings sound promising but the big issue is obviously the delay /timing.

Going right against the grain here, Don’t share the anger at the club, total, utter, bitch of a year. Shaun has so much on his plate... New owner offers and due diligence, covid, New owner model and all the PFA shit, council bullshit, all the recontracting, and imo we absolutely beed to be signing foreign attacking players - which forget covid - given our record and purse - has to have been a massive challenge that looks like they may have actually pulled off to some reasonable degree.

We’ll really need a bit of luck to get any sort of start. And this will reveal Star’s quality like nothing else could. A couple scrappy draws would be a real feat.

Sick to bc shit of losing, but Honestly It barely even hurts anymore. I’m just looking forward to watching football again, having a few laughs and seeing some promising youth play, anything else is a bonus till our budget ownership situation gets redressed or at the very least our visa players are here, fit and integrated.
The voice of reason in the wilderness. Thank you.

greenlig

I've had the odd employee acting out this year, have to keep reminding myself that we can't expect things to be normal, for reactions, relationships, processes, etc. Hard to accept when you just want things to be at LEAST at the standard they have been (you'd think that was a pretty low bar), but we live in exceptional times.

Good luck everyone at CCMHQ, you have a shit job trying to keep us happy :)

marinermick

Seeing an article in the SMH reminded me.
No sign of Anton last night. Was he mentioned?

Shaun said there were a number of candidates that have signed confidentiality agreements but no one has progressed to the due diligence phase. He expects two of these candidates to do so in the next couple of weeks.

Pirate Pete

Shaun said there were a number of candidates that have signed confidentiality agreements but no one has progressed to the due diligence phase. He expects two of these candidates to do so in the next couple of weeks.
Yes, I didn't think that one of them would be Anton, but maybe it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred