• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Your Game Day Plan

Pokes

When you wake up on Game Day, do you have a plan?

I understand that the Mariners match doesn't begin when the ref blows his whistle and we kick off. The experience begins from the moment you wake up, and check your Facebook feed to see your mates all posting "GAME DAY! FIRE UP!", well I know it does for me.

What is your usual game day plan? Do you meet with friends at a particular spot? Any traditions? Bring along your lucky socks etc?

dibo

Great thread!

My things (have probably forgotten some):
  • First thing in the morning - double check the weather (though Ally brings a poncho pretty much no matter what)
  • Set the match to record (in case it's a memorable one or there's something I want to watch back later)
  • Scarf on the parcel shelf for the drive up from Stanmore to the game
  • Sending someone for a tray of beers before finding seats
  • Take a moment to take in the view - it's something special to come to a game. Every time. I've been to 100 games, but it's still something special.
  • If I've forgotten to set the match to record, desperately trying to log in to the Foxtel Guide app to do it that way, and cursing the shitty network coverage
  • Scan the crowd and take guesses at what it'll be this week
  • For any afternoon game where we're in the Eastern Stand rather than the Bay - SUNSCREEN!
  • Getting annoyed at the guy on the PA saying substitutions when he's talking about substitutes - he does it every week and it annoys me every week
  • Something to eat before the half time rush
  • Toward the end of each half, as the clock goes to 45:00 or 90:00 I start a stopwatch so I know how long to chew my nails for
  • Drinks at ReviveR afterwards, or if driving home that night, a large V for the scoot down the F3
  • The Foveaux St pub crawl for Sydney away, and the KB on the way back down the hill - there's a little bunch of us that've seen the inside of that place on all the happiest and saddest of times; a little bit of shared memory that never dies
  • Always taking a moment to play "fibro, fibro, fibro, BRICK!" for Newcastle away; get there as close to kickoff as possible and get the f**k out of there as fast as possible on the way out. No time to either gloat or mourn, just get out.

scottmac

Suspended
Well it used to be;
Prepare the yellow
Shower & down to Manly beach for brekie
Home & gear up, I get a new team shirt & a new pair of game day jeans each year & wear them ever game I attend.
Kiss the wife goodbye & goodnight , I won't be in a state for being welcomed home
Ferry then train to Gosford
CCM fans site & foxsports preview on the way.
Meet the old crew @ the Leagusie or Settlers for pre game drinks & lunch or dinner
Badger a number of said old crew to member up, pussies!
Walk to the game
Get tanked & much louder as the game goes on
Rush for the train or miss it & go to the Leagusie (puffed phone call outside the Leagusie boasting about how fast I ran for the train but didn't make it ;-))
Train home.

But that's now just a memory. I have just moved to Canberra 10 days ago. My wife has just been promoted to a one in a life time position. I did think about divorce but I'm too much a kept man.

So now there will be a flight involved! :p
I'm yet to tell the missus about me flying up for each home game. Maybe that would be another great thread topic - ways to tell my wife I'll be flying to Sydney every other week.

T

Game day plan - Get woken up by the dogs at stupid o'clock, feed them then hopefully go back to bed for a few more hours sleep
Shower breakfast, putter around the house unless some shopping needs to be done.
Make sure yellow shirts are all washed and ready to go
Get Adz up, more pottering around the house, text ppl find out when and where we are meeting
Make sure Adz eats something ;)
Feed dogs again
Head to wherever for pre game drinks
Head into ground with enough time to go to the bar before kickoff
Cheer my team onto victory, catching up with friends and family throughout

T

Ha ha not at all
Just think if it wasn't for the Mariners we wouldn't have met.... just thank those that allocated the seats ;)

Reactions: adz

priorpeter

Don't be ridiculous. You don't wear undies.

Nah. Only wear undies at CCM games now... There was that one time when we got in trouble for shirts off in the bay, so we took our pants off, and... yeah. I've worn undies to games ever since that evening.

Muppet

My game day is spent getting ear bashed by the wife about going to the football! My plan is to get out of the house as soon as possible.

Roy Law

Well it used to be;
Prepare the yellow
Shower & down to Manly beach for brekie
Home & gear up, I get a new team shirt & a new pair of game day jeans each year & wear them ever game I attend.
Kiss the wife goodbye & goodnight , I won't be in a state for being welcomed home
Ferry then train to Gosford
CCM fans site & foxsports preview on the way.
Meet the old crew @ the Leagusie or Settlers for pre game drinks & lunch or dinner
Badger a number of said old crew to member up, pussies!
Walk to the game
Get tanked & much louder as the game goes on
Rush for the train or miss it & go to the Leagusie (puffed phone call outside the Leagusie boasting about how fast I ran for the train but didn't make it ;-))
Train home.

But that's now just a memory. I have just moved to Canberra 10 days ago. My wife has just been promoted to a one in a life time position. I did think about divorce but I'm too much a kept man.

So now there will be a flight involved! :p
I'm yet to tell the missus about me flying up for each home game. Maybe that would be another great thread topic - ways to tell my wife I'll be flying to Sydney every other week.
My girlfriend lives in Canberra; please don't tell the wife ;)

midfielder

Sleep in
Have sex ... [Ok was dreaming I was still asleep]
Check bloggs
Check emails
Play computer game
Have something to eat...
Have something to drink...
Shower ...
Sex again... [sorry dossed off to sleep another dream]...
House things ... mow lawn, shopping...
Check blogs
Check emails
Play computer games
Sex again... [sorry dossed off to sleep again another dream]...
Ring gang and see who is driving this week...
Get dressed in Mariner Shirt and cap
Check blogs
Check emails
Play computer games
Get in Car
Argue about the station
Eat at club....
Drink at club...
Watch match
Cheer on a mighty victory
Go for coffee
Go home
Check blogs
Check emails
Play computer games
Watch TV
Check blogs
Check emails
Play computer games
Go to bed...

eenfish

Half time cigarette was my ritual last season. Every time I was at a game and didn't have a cigarette last season, we'd lose (Sydney FC Away, Wanderers at home, Sorry blokes). But I've since quit so we'll see how we go this year...

Blair

Get up (usually late because i had a big night the night before)
Play a bit of football manager
Get to my football PIC
Dive down from Morisset
Park at the leaguesy (hopefully not on wsw game)
Have dinner and a few sneaky bevs
Go over just after gate open
Watch the warm up (usually can see how were gunna fair in the game with how well they train)
Watch game
Get really excited or really disappointed
Drive all the way home
Then bed

true believer

rbb game working . brow beat manager into letting me go early.
drive down the freeway like a crazed mariners fan.
get to Gosford parking will be ridicules. so drive up near pool
power walk to ground mrs tb will be already there .
watch pulsating epic and go home with a smile. up at 4 the next day for work

piss ant town game off. get to ground early (lad loves a kick out back)
get to seats about 15 before time
go home with a smile on my face .sneak in a few beers after boyz asleep

in between see if middies there and say g'day .later write inflaming commentary on ccm fans net

style_cafe

For me it`s...
Get up early
Work my arse of doing all the things the boss has wanted me to do for past week or so
Ring the Ol` fella "What time we meeting? Same as usual. Same place, hold a parking spot for me if i`m late"
Set my alarm on the phone.
Make the boss lunch (more brownee points)
Alarm goes off,race like hell, shit, shave, shampoo, get the gear on.
Drive like a maniac, adrenalin pumping
Park the car,give the ol` fella a hug & walk to the club.
Buy him a beer & lunch/dinner.
Stand in queue 30mins before gates open,chat to supporters
Gates open,Ol` fella gets the seats (Bay46 row h near the isle) I get another 2 beers each.
Get seated & catch up on the football gossip
Players warm up,pick who`s in,who`s out who`s on the bench,wave to Crawley (old mate)
Guess the crowd numbers, then cheer like madmen until the games over.

I`d never given it much thought really but we do the same thing every game & love every minute of it.

eenfish

Don't forget to add "get to the Leagues club two hours before the game for pre-game at the Kendall" to your game day plans boys.

nero

Wake up with only a few hours sleep
Tell my two girlfriends to take a hike the Mariners are playing today
Go to game (Mariners win)
Leave game recharged
Call the GFs and stay up all night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads