• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yellowarmypodcast

Luca Brasi

Have to admit that Charlesworth makes a compelling case for his approach...

Agree, he has never struck me previously as being particularly astute. His successive public comments bagging the local association, FNSW, FFA, fans; employing Stalder & Moss; the North Sydney move; statements like "scrap the salary cap", "results are not a priority"; the imaginary Everton partnership; and the ongoing failure to pay debts have contributed to this perception.

Whilst not addressing all his mistakes, he goes into some detail about the CCM situation when he took over - CCMFC $6m in debt, the COE close to administration, the Arnold era losing $1m - $2m a season, no financial controls.

Apart from himself and McCabe there has been no new investment into the club in the past 6 - 7 years. Unlike Newcastle, he believes that FFA will not support CCM if a bailout was required. 15/16 will result in $500k loss, looking to break even in 16/17, debt has been reduced significantly. Need crowds of 9 - 10k to break even for match days. Need commercial revenue of $2m - $3m a year to remain sustainable, some years this has been less than $1m. For this reason the balance of the cap is used for other costs at this stage. States that the palm tree kit has outsold all other kits!

COE and CCM are separate companies, he owns a controlling stake in each and has looked to leverage mutual benefits, will not be an issue unless he sells one or the other. He sees the COE as providing the revenue to underpin the financial success of the club in the future. The office block opens in March 2016 and is 85% leased, the $20m building investment is commercially viable. Further stages to be assessed but he believes that the COE will be the provide the best football facility in the country within 3 - 6 years.

He provides some interesting background from his view and outlines the vision/survival strategy/business case as told by Sean, Storrie and TW previously. Outlines TW appointment and that other coaches (Mulvey's name was mentioned indirectly) would not work under the limited budget. Discusses history of North Syd move and the contract with GCC to play 80% of home games at CCS, and the financials of moving 2 games.

Recommend all fans give it a listen.

nebakke

Agree, he has never struck me previously as being particularly astute.

I think this is pretty core to my perception of how he presented... Essentially it's akin to how I felt about Monty's visit on the podcast... I think it's clear that MC isn't much of a PR man - if he was, we wouldn't have had half the unnecessary crisis that we've had over the last couple of years...
Bearing that in mind, I thought he came across as believable and relatively open... Surprisingly so at times, I have to admit... In particular the comment about the focus of "some of the earlier coaches" ;)

Whilst not addressing all his mistakes, he goes into some detail about the CCM situation when he took over - CCMFC $6m in debt, the COE close to administration, the Arnold era losing $1m - $2m a season, no financial controls.

This was a big thing for me. We all knew that the club was understaffed in the admin area and that they were struggling, but I don't think it sunk in fully until just now, how bad it must've been... Both financially and for the people working there...
Bearing that in mind, a whole lot of things sort of clicked a bit... Helps explain how contract issues were missed... Payments... Memberships etc. etc...
He spoke specifically to the lack of experience - in the past - in running this sort of business.

He provides some interesting background from his view and outlines the vision/survival strategy/business case as told by Sean, Storrie and TW previously. Outlines TW appointment and that other coaches (Mulvey's name was mentioned indirectly) would not work under the limited budget. Discusses history of North Syd move and the contract with GCC to play 80% of home games at CCS, and the financials of moving 2 games.

With this as well... It makes me wonder how much of a help Sean has been for him as well. He mentioned directly, about him living up here... Listening to the podcast, I think it was fairly clear that he was completely unaware of the scars after the whole Bears debacle - sounds like he still doesn't fully understand.
I'm thinking that someone like Sean can help avoid that sort of issues in the future... I liked that in combo with what you say about the 80% of games played - made me feel a bit more comfortable.

All in all - THIS! :)

marinersince2006

FFA perception from MC podcast.
That FFA are not focused enough on Aleague. The ownership group are not organized/ cohesive. Their is no plan to breakaway Aleague management from FFA.FL and old board stayed on 2/3 years too long. New chairman did not present a plan.....but SL did present hope for owners group. MC was surprisingly forthright in offering his view that FFA are out of their depth/under resourced to run Aleague.Did not recall Gallops name being mentioned on podcast.

He did not mention the Aussie WC bidding process.He did not discuss FIFA crisis.

MC was very supportive of CEO and coach.

We have never had a serious/professional CFO till recently.

The new shirt is selling record numbers.....so it must be great!

He is yet to form relationships with local govt.

MC sounded like PS has played his part in turning financial performance around to near sustainable levels.

MC is in town in next few months......he promised to meet fan base face to face.....and I am sure he said he would do another podcast.

MC made no mention of Jets.

No mention of 3'rd Sydney team.

MC was seriously surprised North Syd game was not a ""20,000 crowd"".

Really recommend you listen to the podcast.

Yellow Army Podcast

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. We appreciate it.
We were surprised at the amount of time he gave us, we expected it to be half that length.
It was great to chat with him, and he was quite funny off the recorded sections as well.

Rowdy

Kind of like Fox's Andy Harper & Co crapping on about "a 20,000 crowd here tonight at Geelong's Simonds Stadium"

......... they managed a tad over 14k.(which was good)

There's expectations & then there's reality.

midfielder

New respect for Charlesworth... he was straight forward and what he said made sense even if parts of it we did not wanta hear... what stood out for me was the way he was talking FFA would not let us relocate to Sydney rather FFA would start up a new western or southern Sydney team..

Further that FFA would prefer if a western / or southern Sydney team to us... and he saw the COE as an insurance policy ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred