• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yellowarmypodcast

midfielder

Enjoyed the chat and cong's on keeping your cool.

Looks like we are going to bring in some senior experience but given we will be at the bottom of the salary cap maybe could be more difficult...

Did not like some of what I heard but respect the fact they have been honest and open helps..

The Everton partnership looks more encouraging.

On balance I can feel better ....hhhmmmmmm still not over joyed on the coach however do respect they have taken the blame and said the coaching staff did what we said so hard to fire someone for following orders..

One thing TW only gets to review players the final say of who we sign rest with MC .... not to sure thats smart.

nebakke

Overall I thought it was good to get some answers and explanations.
For the salary cap thing, I'm actually relatively positive about it. My thinking is that we do have a few diamond in the rough type players. They've been playing first team all this season and i expect that it'll be impossible to put the cat back in the bag, so to speak.
Knowing that we still have a season or two of a less than full budget could be a lot more manageable with the likes of Rose, Posco and Neill receiving the ongoing benefit of more rosier players (I know Posco isn't exactly a baby but at his current rate of improvement he'll be interesting to follow again next season).
Bearing that in mind, along with the understanding that they're privacy all fairly cheap, I'm guessing that theres probably going to be some reasonable cash for new players, even at the floor of the cap.

dibo

Good to see my stalker is still around...
If you're going to abbreviate something (or use a nickname, or whatever else) use something that's easily recognisable and obvious to others. It's a pain in the arse to attempt to read whatever you've written when it has to be translated out of your own nutty language.

Luca Brasi

Wow - how much have we been paying for players released over the past couple of seasons when you consider that PS says we will still be operating at the bottom of the salary cap but still have room to sign 4 or 5 A League + quality players next season. I think Lawrie is being a bit precious with his recent reaction, it was clear what TW was referring to and I think he needs to bury the hatchet and become more positive for the sake of the club and the region he is elected to represent. It is a much less even playing field between clubs than it was in 05/06 however, the cap has increased by 60% as well as cap exemptions such as 2 marquee players, loyalty allowance $200k, mature age rookie $55k, home grown allowance $200k. Clubs such as Melb City are likely to have a player budget twice what we are spending.

midfielder

D

Saw this today and the first 20 odd seconds I through... thats D if he finds a communication error ..... the rest of the song is depressing ... but in the spirit of stalkers and poor spelling and thrashing the Jerks on the weekend ...

D finding a communication ... the first 20 seconds anyway...

Wombat

Wow - how much have we been paying for players released over the past couple of seasons when you consider that PS says we will still be operating at the bottom of the salary cap but still have room to sign 4 or 5 A League + quality players next season. I think Lawrie is being a bit precious with his recent reaction, it was clear what TW was referring to and I think he needs to bury the hatchet and become more positive for the sake of the club and the region he is elected to represent. It is a much less even playing field between clubs than it was in 05/06 however, the cap has increased by 60% as well as cap exemptions such as 2 marquee players, loyalty allowance $200k, mature age rookie $55k, home grown allowance $200k. Clubs such as Melb City are likely to have a player budget twice what we are spending.

Blame that CNUT Moss who made a fortune out of mugging us off.

JoyfulPenguin

On behalf of the podcast team I'd like to thank everyone who listened this season.

If there's any suggestions or feedback please send us a message, we love to receive correspondence to help make the show more entertaining for our listeners.

Phil, Luke and Josh.
Love the podcasts and listen as often as I can. As for a suggestion I'd say maybe a bigger where are they now segment for former Mariners players, as in if they played that week and if the game can be found how well, if that isn't too big a task. I'd be glad to help with the information gathering for that as well if you wished to go ahead with it.

Wombat

I do expect someone to pick Reddy up and Fitz would make a good squad player for someone.
Tricky and Sim will struggle more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb