• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yellow Army vs. Arnie's Army!

cbowden9000

Mariners players thrive on the passionate support of their fans at Bluetongue Stadium, and this season we want the atmosphere at our home games to be the best yet.

In conjunction with McDonalds Central Coast and the Yellow Army supporter group, we have arranged for the first 200 new Bay 16 Yellow Army Members this season to be rewarded with a $20 McDonalds voucher.

What’s more, all new and renewing Yellow Army Members for season 2011/12 will go into the draw to win a place in the Yellow Army XI to play a friendly match against “Arnie’s Army”.

Mariners Head Coach Graham Arnold has been busy putting together a line-up of former football stars and celebrities to pit wits against a Yellow Army team just before the start of season seven of the Hyundai A-League.

Bay 16 Yellow Army Memberships are the lowest priced full season Memberships the Mariners have on offer, and allow you to help create a lively atmosphere at the northern end of Bluetongue Stadium.

Details

$20 McDonalds vouchers

· The first 200 new bay 16 Yellow Army Members for season 2011/12 will receive a $20 McDonalds voucher.

· To redeem this voucher, you must quote the code “McDonalds” with your new Membership application.

· Memberships can be purchased online at ccmariners.com.au, or over the phone by calling 1300 767 442.

· The McDonalds vouchers will be sent in the mail to the first 200 people once the application has been processed.

Yellow Army vs. Arnie’s Army

· All new and renewing Yellow Army Members for 2011/12 will go into the draw to win a place in a friendly match between Yellow Army and Arnie’s Army.

· Graham Arnold is compiling a squad made up football mates and contacts from his extensive career in the game.

· The match will be played just prior to the start of the 2011/12 Hyundai A-League season.

· Each team will consist of 15 players and both new and existing Bay 16 Members will be in the draw to play.

· If a place on the Yellow Army team is won by a Member that chooses not to play, they can nominate someone to take part in their place.

· The winners will be drawn on 12th September and notified by phone.

Event Details

Saturday 13 August – McDonalds Woy Woy and West Gosford

Player Appearances – 11:30am – 1pm

McDonalds Woy Woy – Oliver Bozanic, Michael McGlinchey, Matt Simon, Patrick Zwaanswijk, Rostyn Griffiths, Brad McDonald, Justin Pasfield

McDonalds West Gosford – Josh Rose, Adriano Pellegrino, Michael Baird, Daniel McBreen, Troy Hearfield, Brad Porter, Mat Ryan, Pedj Bojic

© Central Coast Mariners

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40418

kevrenor

How does that work? Yellow Army doesn't have memberships.

I'm presuming they are talking about season ticket holders for Bay 16?

bikinigirl

. as it seems to be something coming from the mariners, then i would assume that 'membership' refers to mariners membership

. but to be honest ... this is the sort of thing that pisses me off ... what makes those that sit in 'the bay' so damn special. excluding the majority of the membership from such an initiative gives me the shits

midfielder

. as it seems to be something coming from the mariners, then i would assume that 'membership' refers to mariners membership

. but to be honest ... this is the sort of thing that pisses me off ... what makes those that sit in 'the bay' so damn special. excluding the majority of the membership from such an initiative gives me the shits

Gotta agree .... I would love to play in this game but it would appear I am excluded from the draw...

Bex

You can have mine if I win it Midfielder. I'd last about 5 minutes anyway :-/

Marquee

Gotta agree .... I would love to play in this game but it would appear I am excluded from the draw...

That's the whole point of the incentive, to entice people to become active supporters and chant, etc. The club obviously would like to help improve the atmosphere and also help a supporters group. If you want to be in the draw then join 'the bay', simple as that. The club already has offered lots of incentives to become a member this season, no matter where you choose to sit. However if you feel like contributing to what goes on in bay 16, then you could be playing in the incentive game.

I'm all for it. I don't get why you think you should get something for nothing.

bikinigirl

. sorry marquee can't agree with you there ... i have been watching 'the bay' for 6 years and if you think simply buying a 'seat' there means you are contributing to the atmosphere - more than somebody else - then i have news for you

. i am not trying to discredit the efforts of the 'active support', but ... the bay does not mean you are an active supporter and if you choose to sit elsewhere (and pay for the privelege) does not mean you are not an active supporter

. as somebody who paid as soon as memberships were out and well before this became public i can see no valid argument for me to buy into the bay

. suggesting i may be after something for nothing is a big call ... and completely different to being specifically excluded from something

style_cafe

When I first read this I thought" what the f..k!The Yellow Army doesn`t have memberships.
However, upon reading the article & the comments,I think it is good idea but with a politically incorrect press release.
I`ve tried to sanitise it a bit so that it appeals to everyone...

Mariners players thrive on the passionate support of their fans at Bluetongue Stadium, and this season we want the atmosphere at our home games to be the best yet.

For some time, the northern end of the ground has had quite a few vacant seats. This year we want to fill those seats to make an even greater atmosphere for everyone.

In conjunction with McDonalds Central Coast and the Yellow Army supporter group, we have arranged for the first 200 new members, who purchase their tickets for this area, Bay 16 to be rewarded with a $20 McDonalds voucher.

What’s more, The Yellow Army have organised an additional incentive to fill those seats.
All new and renewing ticket holders for bay 16 for season 2011/12 will go into the draw to win a place in the Yellow Army XI to play a friendly match against “Arnie’s Army”.

Mariners Head Coach Graham Arnold has been busy putting together a line-up of former football stars and celebrities to pit wits against a Yellow Army team just before the start of season seven of the Hyundai A-League.

The Bay 16 Memberships are the lowest priced full season Memberships the Mariners have on offer, and allow you to help create a lively atmosphere at the northern end of Bluetongue Stadium.

Details

$20 McDonalds vouchers

• The first 200 new bay 16 Mariners Members for season 2011/12 will receive a $20 McDonalds voucher.

• To redeem this voucher, you must quote the code “McDonalds” with your new Membership application.

• Memberships can be purchased online at ccmariners.com.au, or over the phone by calling 1300 767 442.

• The McDonalds vouchers will be sent in the mail to the first 200 people once the application has been processed.

Yellow Army vs. Arnie’s Army

• All new bay 16 and renewing Yellow Army participants for 2011/12 will go into the draw to win a place in a friendly match between Yellow Army and Arnie’s Army.

• Graham Arnold is compiling a squad made up football mates and contacts from his extensive career in the game.

• The match will be played just prior to the start of the 2011/12 Hyundai A-League season.

• Each team will consist of 15 players and both new and existing Bay 16 Members will be in the draw to play.

• If a place on the Yellow Army team is won by a Member that chooses not to play, they can nominate someone to take part in their place.(Midfielder has first dibs)

• The winners will be drawn on 12th September and notified by phone.

Event Details

Saturday 13 August – McDonalds Woy Woy and West Gosford

Player Appearances – 11:30am – 1pm

McDonalds Woy Woy – Oliver Bozanic, Michael McGlinchey, Matt Simon, Patrick Zwaanswijk, Rostyn Griffiths, Brad McDonald, Justin Pasfield

McDonalds West Gosford – Josh Rose, Adriano Pellegrino, Michael Baird, Daniel McBreen, Troy Hearfield, Brad Porter, Mat Ryan, Pedj Bojic

© Central Coast Mariners

http://www.a-league....isplay&id=40418

Wombat

That's the whole point of the incentive, to entice people to become active supporters and chant, etc. The club obviously would like to help improve the atmosphere and also help a supporters group. If you want to be in the draw then join 'the bay', simple as that. The club already has offered lots of incentives to become a member this season, no matter where you choose to sit. However if you feel like contributing to what goes on in bay 16, then you could be playing in the incentive game.

I'm all for it. I don't get why you think you should get something for nothing.

I'm with Marquee on this one.

I love every single Mariners fan but for me the Singers are the most important. They generate the atmosphere and that is one of the reason our game is so much better than a game of NRL or Fumbleball.

Those boys in Bay 16 put in a big effort at most games and deserve the recognition.

I sit in bay 15 mostly ( I have sat in most bays around the ground over the last 6 years) but I have a little bit of extra respect for the support in bay 16 and obviously the club does too.

Its a good initiative as far as i can see. Not everyone wants to be a singer but we should encourage and support those that do imho.

Marquee

. sorry marquee can't agree with you there ... i have been watching 'the bay' for 6 years and if you think simply buying a 'seat' there means you are contributing to the atmosphere - more than somebody else - then i have news for you

. i am not trying to discredit the efforts of the 'active support', but ... the bay does not mean you are an active supporter and if you choose to sit elsewhere (and pay for the privelege) does not mean you are not an active supporter

. as somebody who paid as soon as memberships were out and well before this became public i can see no valid argument for me to buy into the bay

. suggesting i may be after something for nothing is a big call ... and completely different to being specifically excluded from something

I definitely don't claim that people not in 'the bay' are not active supporters. I am in total agreement that active supporters can support the club in many shapes and forms. Bay 16 is one form of active support and its members are a type of active supporters. Thus this group has created an initiative to boost their numbers with both completely new members and also members converting their existing active supporting methods to those found in bay 16. Fortunately they have been assisted by the club in their initiative with the proposed game.

So, say for example, I created a new supporters group that wore Musti wigs to the game. I might also affiliate it with the club to give it some standing and require a membership to sit in our section of the stadium. As a perk to signing up, I offer the chance to have a kick around with Musti himself. Now why should I offer the ability for every Mariners fan to have a kick around with Musti, even if they aren't members of my group. There would no longer be as much incentive to join.

The way I see it, this has nothing to do with people in 'the bay' being better fans than everyone else, because that is total pish. However they are a large recognised entity in which the club can work with to make games better. If there were another group, such as the Musti wigs, large enough to warrant support from the club then I'm sure this sort of promotion would occur.

I can see where you are coming from regarding feeling excluded but in many ways this sort of scenario has/does already occur. The post match functions for members only are an exclusive event, but non member Mariners fans except that without membership they are excluded. It doesn't mean they aren't 'real' fans, it just means they don't have exclusive access.

T

I can see where you are coming from regarding feeling excluded but in many ways this sort of scenario has/does already occur. The post match functions for members only are an exclusive event, but non member Mariners fans except that without membership they are excluded. It doesn't mean they aren't 'real' fans, it just means they don't have exclusive access.

Of course fans without memberships are excluded... you pay for your membership. Its an incentive for people to buy their memberships.

It would have been better if this was open for all members, not just the Yellow Army. ALL Mariners members are passionate supporters, that's why we have memberships.

bikinigirl

. style ... i agree that was the sentiment. unfortunately not well communicated and it doesn't mean i have to like it or agree

. marquee ... similarly i was with you until the last paragraph. it is quite clear up front that the post match functions are a membership privelege - no exclusions there ... you pay the price you get a ticket (of course they do close the doors once their cap is reached). it is a little unfair to compare those that make an upfront financial commitment to the club compared to those that don't

. unfortunately there are just too many holes in it for my liking. as i mentioned before, there is nothing to say you have to sing and carry on just because you buy a ticket in the bay. i s'pose you can also be a member of the yellow army (hell i have a yellow army t-shirt from v1) but not hold a ticket in the bay

. i just find it a bizarre concept. to me its not unlike them offering all foundation members a pin and a lap of the pitch except those that sit in bay 15 or those with comb-overs

. sorry for the rant ... s'pose it is just something that has irked me from day 1

Forum Phoenix

Good Posts Marquee.

I have no problem with this whatsoever.
The bay needs bolstering, so I think it's a great idea that shows excellent initiative by both parties.

I consider myself a very active supporter also, but nor do I make banners regularly or stand and sing for a full ninety. Perhaps they should be called the hyper active supporters ;)

Besides adding value, active support is of considerable benefit to the players - caveat: when it's not focused on calling Hutcho a c**t and Mrdja an oxygen thief - I also believe your level of active support helps adds to the credibility of your club.
And I would hazard to say the club does too.

Personally I believe it's long over due that the club started getting into bed more with our active supporters.

(Try and hold back on the Pedj comments ladies :rolleyes: )

So Bikini I believe your right when you say that this is not about you. It's not about me either. And I'm fine with that, because I think it is clearly a very positive step.

Muppet

I would give my arm to play in this. Alas I am a gold member who sits elsewhere. Its unfortunate it is not open to everyone who signs up.

pjennings

I would give my arm to play in this. Alas I am a gold member who sits elsewhere. Its unfortunate it is not open to everyone who signs up.

I agree wholeheartedly with the first couple of points. However my biggest drawback is that this initiative wasn't done 30 years ago. Bex - stop showing off - I wouldn't last a minute (on the pitch) ;)

adz

Staff member
I think it’s good that the club is looking to boost numbers in bay 16, it’s just a shame that with such a cool prize the majority of Mariners members are excluded.

Hopefully there is something offered up to the rest of the members to "even" things up a bit, because I think the main problem anyone would have is it looks like a subsection of Mariners members are getting preferential treatment.

But I guess that’s the whole point; to create an incentive to go stand in bay 16.

I don’t think anyone can deny that a full bay of people chanting behind the goals makes the atmosphere brilliant. I remember in the early seasons when we had Brett leading a full bay 16 that spilled half into bays 15 and 17, and it was great!

dibo

I think it’s good that the club is looking to boost numbers in bay 16, it’s just a shame that with such a cool prize the majority of Mariners members are excluded.

Hopefully there is something offered up to the rest of the members to "even" things up a bit, because I think the main problem anyone would have is it looks like a subsection of Mariners members are getting preferential treatment.

All fair points.

But I guess that’s the whole point; to create an incentive to go stand in bay 16.

I don’t think anyone can deny that a full bay of people chanting behind the goals makes the atmosphere brilliant. I remember in the early seasons when we had Brett leading a full bay 16 that spilled half into bays 15 and 17, and it was great!

I remember we copped a fair bit of stick at the time for various reasons, from various quarters. There was a time though when what was sung was discussed openly on the forum and people from all walks bounced ideas in. It was a bit more inclusive and easier to get a grip on.

When the whole "let's rag on the team for 90 minutes" bit got big, I got over the whole thing pretty quickly as did a couple of others, the Coastie Boys were coming through to fill the breach at the time and have filled the gap, morphing into YA last year.

It's all evolution, and some mutations work better than others. Everybody's done what *they* thought was best at the time (except probably the 'rag on everything' bit in 2009), which is all you can really ask.

The one change that coincided with the big drop in numbers was allocated seating for Bay 16, which I wholeheartedly supported at the time... and now am pretty sure was a terrible idea.

If we get some serious numbers back in with luck the support will grow again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred