• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

$ydney VS NIX

kevrenor

Jaza_SFC said:
.... symptomatic of an organisation that frequently shows disdain for the hands that feed it (IMO).
And in mine ..

We need the Crawford report implemented!

Forum Phoenix

I agree with Jaza.

It's clearly a money grab, which is one thing if it works, but when it drives your crowds down, limits your atmosphere and still doesn't make you any more $$$ it's a complete
screw up imo.

Which is fine. I expect everyone the FFA to make mistakes. I just want them to LEARN from them.

13k in Syd for a final is NOT a good look.

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
Good post Jaza and dont get me started on finals ticketing, I have never fought my own before but came close at the away leg of the major semi at EAS.

To whoever thought that a mobile billboard featuring Elrich was a great ad spend, I have some news for you.

Talk to most Coasties and they dont even know when games are on. Surely local radio could be used better?

Or how about email lists held by club/CCF - or is that too cheap and simple. Emailing to members to tell them the game is on is fairly pointless. I ALREADY KNOW.

THIS. I agreed wholeheartedly. The diehard fans, the members etc...they already know. Contact the local clubs, have family deals for members of a local club. I know they have a kids free day, but why not improve on that? Maybe every kids ticket comes with a free softdrink and chips or something. Most older people on the coast grew up with NRL. The focus needs to now be channlled onto the youngins. Talk about them on the radio. Did you know a bunch of Mariners players supported the Greatest Shave the other day by stopping by a Greatest Shave event at Woy Woy? Bringing along signed merch to auction off. On Saturday, 3 or 4 of the guys did the same thing at another event in Erina.

These small, community based events that get them involved with the kids is essential. And they need to have the shit promoted out of them! I don't listen to Star FM much, so I'm not sure what kind of promotion they got...can anyone let me know?

The express does a fairly good job, with the game wrap-ups, and promoting of the upcoming events, they even give the youth and women's team a mention.

With the football season beginning for the local clubs very soon, it would be the perfect opportunity to begin promoting the Mariners more. Get them involved in some local club events. Organise a bit of a game, even if its like whoever won the Big Foot Cup vs the Youth Team, or something just to get them out there a bit more. Or local clubs, each club gets a home game...and all thei players and families can get in for half price...or something!

With Non-football families, target them more in the media. More radio. Local clubs to promote that they are showing the Mariners game. Get the people who are already in the clubs, to walk into the next room with the big screen, sit down and watch the match to begin getting involved. And when they finally do attend a home game, it needs to be something memorable that they will want to come back and enjoy. Have something fun for the kids. Make it a decent price so families CAN afford to keep coming most weeks....

Anyway, I'm on too many painkillers so that probably didnt make sense.

FFC Mariner

poko said:
FFC Mariner said:
Good post Jaza and dont get me started on finals ticketing, I have never fought my own before but came close at the away leg of the major semi at EAS.

To whoever thought that a mobile billboard featuring Elrich was a great ad spend, I have some news for you.

Talk to most Coasties and they dont even know when games are on. Surely local radio could be used better?

Or how about email lists held by club/CCF - or is that too cheap and simple. Emailing to members to tell them the game is on is fairly pointless. I ALREADY KNOW.

THIS. I agreed wholeheartedly. The diehard fans, the members etc...they already know. Contact the local clubs, have family deals for members of a local club. I know they have a kids free day, but why not improve on that? Maybe every kids ticket comes with a free softdrink and chips or something. Most older people on the coast grew up with NRL. The focus needs to now be channlled onto the youngins. Talk about them on the radio. Did you know a bunch of Mariners players supported the Greatest Shave the other day by stopping by a Greatest Shave event at Woy Woy? Bringing along signed merch to auction off. On Saturday, 3 or 4 of the guys did the same thing at another event in Erina.

These small, community based events that get them involved with the kids is essential. And they need to have the shit promoted out of them! I don't listen to Star FM much, so I'm not sure what kind of promotion they got...can anyone let me know?

The express does a fairly good job, with the game wrap-ups, and promoting of the upcoming events, they even give the youth and women's team a mention.

With the football season beginning for the local clubs very soon, it would be the perfect opportunity to begin promoting the Mariners more. Get them involved in some local club events. Organise a bit of a game, even if its like whoever won the Big Foot Cup vs the Youth Team, or something just to get them out there a bit more. Or local clubs, each club gets a home game...and all thei players and families can get in for half price...or something!

With Non-football families, target them more in the media. More radio. Local clubs to promote that they are showing the Mariners game. Get the people who are already in the clubs, to walk into the next room with the big screen, sit down and watch the match to begin getting involved. And when they finally do attend a home game, it needs to be something memorable that they will want to come back and enjoy. Have something fun for the kids. Make it a decent price so families CAN afford to keep coming most weeks....

good post - now all you need is a club back office than doesnt think its perfect

Good luck with that

curious

Again, what is it that's so different with aleague supporters if the reason for only 13k to a prelim. final is that they refuse to pay higher prices for the seasons special events like other sporting codes? 

What price should the tickets be?

Is it the ticket prices in the Sydney aleague semis that see ordinary attendance, or is it a similar case to the GC where a basic lack of interest regardless of price is the primary reason? GC could seriously give tickets away by their thousands and still not increase their crowds.

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
poko said:
FFC Mariner said:

good post - now all you need is a club back office than doesnt think its perfect

Good luck with that

I thought this was the imaginary wishful thinking thread?

my bad.

Jesus

Jesus
curious said:
Again, what is it that's so different with aleague supporters if the reason for only 13k to a prelim. final is that they refuse to pay higher prices for the seasons special events like other sporting codes? 

What price should the tickets be?

Is it the ticket prices in the Sydney aleague semis that see ordinary attendance, or is it a similar case to the GC where a basic lack of interest regardless of price is the primary reason? GC could seriously give tickets away by their thousands and still not increase their crowds.

Id always assume a jump in prices for finals. But how much is a point. And it is not that hard for members to be allocated their seats.

That said, from bris/GC ticket prices there might not have been such a jump.

IMO the a-league needs to stop pretending it is on par with nrl/afl/rugby and set their ticket prices at a level which will ensure maximum attendances, without making it a freebe. Large attendances help with a tv deal, the tv deal can make attendances less important to clubs bottom lines.

Jaza_SFC

I'm not sure about your club, but I think week-to-week ticket prices are fine for us. $20-something per game is a good price for an adult. There might be a compelling argument for more kids freebies (i.e. cheaper family tickets), but on the whole I think standard prices are fair for us, and I think are pretty similar across the board (except GCU and BRFC who visibly stuffed up in pre-season by taking the prices too high).

Where it falls down is the FFA Finals money grab. WHen the FFA controls ticket prices and makes them more expensive week after week. My semi-final ticket was $32, my prelim final ticket was $37, and my GF ticket was $52 (albeit a different ground so maybe that contributes to the $15 price hike). Either way - it's still ridiculous.

FFC Mariner

I think CCM should look at grading games A,B & C

Your lot, Scum, Melb would be Cat A and everyone pays.

Cat B (Adelaide,Perth etc) would be Cat B and prices slightly reduced.

Cat C (NQF,Nux) would be Cat C and registered players under 16 get in for free (or some equivalent of the UK "Kids for a Quid" deal)

You pay to rent a 20k stadium where you are going to get 8k so open it up. Bigger crowd is better for atmosphere and the players and some will move up the "engagement curve" (yuk) and become regulars.

bulldogmariner

FFC Mariner said:
I think CCM should look at grading games A,B & C

Your lot, Scum, Melb would be Cat A and everyone pays.

Cat B (Adelaide,Perth etc) would be Cat B and prices slightly reduced.

Cat C (NQF,Nux) would be Cat C and registered players under 16 get in for free (or some equivalent of the UK "Kids for a Quid" deal)

You pay to rent a 20k stadium where you are going to get 8k so open it up. Bigger crowd is better for atmosphere and the players and some will move up the "engagement curve" (yuk) and become regulars.
Totally agree with the above. This is the way it is done in the UK and works very well. However i think the FFA need to bring out a card like the NRL that gets all young players under the age of 16 free into any A-League fixture. This is a GA and many times they will bring along a parent and a friend so that is where the club makes the money. CCM ticket prices are competitive but when compared to the NRL and the Bulldogs who have a season ticket for $95 you need to ask questions. The new theory in all sports is that they need members to survive and other than Melbourne every other A-League club struggles in this department. Cheap season tickets/ memberships are the order of the day to ensure you get a guarantee crowd at each home fixture. Then those people may bring along a friend or two and thats when you get the gate.

FFC Mariner

CCF hand rego card to every registered junior.

Said junior produces card to get entry to selected games at BT

Thats so damn simple

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:

Thats so damn simple

this

must be registered players of the CCF

finally retired

marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:

Thats so damn simple

this

must be registered players of the CCF

I received a reply from John McKay to my email to the Mariners leadership......it's most likely the same/similar to replies that everyone else got, but in part he said "The club has already indicated Ticket Prices and Membership packages will be reviewed for this season, including age eligibility brackets, investigating a possible partnership with Central Coast Football, and the possibility of part-season memberships, to cater for people who are unable to attend each home match, but who are still eager to support the club.

The club remains proud of its community involvement and remains committed to forging a close partnership with Central Coast Football..." this was in response to my suggestion for free entry to children under 14 or, if that wasn't possible, free entry to all registered local junior football players....so perhaps something along the lines being suggested is on the cards.

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
If said card was sponsored on the back, it may not even cost anything............

(quick write that down)

:)

Can you talk slower? I is a slow writtter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred