• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

YA General Discussion Board

Blair

Ok so today was my first proper YA experience and i had a GREAT time, slowly picking up the chants etc.

So im going to rattle off my own opinions on the positives and negatives i found on today to do with the YA:

+
Polite people
Songs
Brass Band
Multiple Drums
Surprisingly good view of the ground
Dont have to listen to the Ground announcer

I could go on but cbf its late the experience of the day was great Everyone was there to have a good time LOVE LOVE the brass band really ads to the day WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS NEED TO BE OUR SONG for this year anyway. A slow arm in arm chant swaying side to side would be great and everyone will love it.

Now these aren't negatives as such but what i think would make the overall running of the day better:

So people up the back show some respect to the people down the front on big chant is a lot better the 3-4 little ones.
I think there need to be a platform for someone to stand with the Mega and be the conductor also that thing (the mega) looks like it get heavy so this could help with that wit some sort of stand. I think scaffolding would be great.

Thats really it had a ball

I know the YA fb asked for opinions but i didnt want my post to get lost.

MrCelery

What the main core of the Yellow Army do in Bay 16 is awesome, but I would never want to stifle others chants. It should be a rich blend with no one group 'owning the rights'.

Agree that the band was great once they realised that they really had to pump it up to the max to be heard properly. Choice of music was good. Can only get better as we discover what tunes work to get the crowd on their feet (and which ones don't work).

Never heard\saw the cannon. Too busy celebrating the goal.

yellowcake

Thought the brass band was great.

From my seat, probably equally distant from Bay 16 and away bays, thought YA, obviously massively outnumbered by RBB, really held their own. The RBB "We can't hear Mariners sing..." was a "we choose to pretend to not hear because we can't let the truth get in the way of a story which fits our chant" thing.

Western stand getting right in with the "We are champions,, say we are champions" with the pullover was great. Doing that every game?

bikinigirl

Never heard\saw the cannon. Too busy celebrating the goal.

. somebody suggested the cannon mis-fired at the first attempt ... but i can't confirm

. when it was actually fired most of the immediate, celebratory noise had died down ... so there were two celebrations for those around us

. we heard it easily enough but would have liked it to be louder. it may 'sound' louder on other occasions though

Tassiemariner

Brass band sounded great on TV and when the camera panned to the YA following the goal, the first thing you saw was a drum kit and a trombone.

Didn't hear or see the cannon and no mention of it by Fox either which was not surprising given their love in with the RBB.

eenfish

People up the back can't hear if there is a decent crowd.

I thought it was great, the band is a winner.

Aye, during the last Wanderers match the back half couldn't hear squat of what was going on at the front.

From my seat, probably equally distant from Bay 16 and away bays, thought YA, obviously massively outnumbered by RBB, really held their own. The RBB "We can't hear Mariners sing..." was a "we choose to pretend to not hear because we can't let the truth get in the way of a story which fits our chant" thing.

They did what? I honestly didn't hear a word of what they said all game until their "WHODAWESINGFOR" thing they gave themselves a pat on the back for. Poor effort by the RBB to be honest, they were much louder last time they were at Gosford. Or maybe the brass just made the Yellow Army sound that much louder that I couldn't tell.

priorpeter

We're looking at having a bit of a get-together with the brass band next Friday evening to run through some chants, if anyone's interested. Will let you know when details are firmed up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred