• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wyong Council snubs plan to hold civic reception for Mariners

MrCelery

From Cumberland Newspapers:

Wyong Council snubs plan to hold civic reception for Mariners

10 MAR 11 @ 12:14PM BY ERROL SMITH

"Wyong Council has voted no to a civic reception for the Central Coast Mariners whether they win, lose or draw in Sunday’s grand final against Brisbane Roar.

Mayor Doug Eaton presented a mayoral minute to Wednesday night’s meeting of the council, which is a sponsor of the Mariners, calling for a reception in the civic centre after the grand final but it was defeated by five votes to four. Deputy mayor
Bob Graham was absent from the vote as he is a Mariner’s board member.
The motion also sought to congratulate the Mariners on their achievements for this season and indicate its support to enter into negotiations for continuation of its sponsorship for 2011/12.

The mayor said later he was disappointed and surprised with the decision.
``It’s not as if I was asking the council to write a cheque for the Mariner’s for next year,’’ he said.

``It was purely seeking recognition for their achievements this season in making the grand final of the A League and qualifying for the Asian Champions League and to consider our future options.’‘

Councillors who opposed the motion were wary of any perceived commitment to ongoing sponsorship and requested more information.

They extended their congratulations to the Mariners on their achievements this season."

What a gutless dog act. :redcard:

What sort of message does that send, after the Mariners look to build their complex.

I wonder who the 'nay' voters were.

cbowden9000

I work at Gosford City Council and there is a lot of Mariners love within the organisation. We even have a signed Mariners jersey in the foyer. Screw Wyong Council (who actually sponsor the team. Work that one out!)

Ezz

I work at Gosford City Council and there is a lot of Mariners love within the organisation. We even have a signed Mariners jersey in the foyer. Screw Wyong Council (who actually sponsor the team. Work that one out!)
Can you speak to the right ppl & get something held in Gosford. Would love to be able to show the boys how proud I am.

Rocket

Seems like a pretty poor snub to me, by anti football people. A 5-4 vote.
Wyong Shire Residents voice your opinions direct to each Councillor by email.
Councillors can be found here:-
http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/about-council/your-councillors/

marinermick

If I was a councillor in Wyong I would rather see rate-payer money spent on sporting facilities than a party for the Mariners.

The civic reception would have no long term tangible benefit to the community.

MagpieMariner

Seems like a pretty poor snub to me, by anti football people. A 5-4 vote.
Wyong Shire Residents voice your opinions direct to each Councillor by email.
Councillors can be found here:-
http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/about-council/your-councillors/

Council elections are coming up in September. If you feel strongly enough about it, you could always remind them that you're a voter.

kevrenor

Council elections are coming up in September. If you feel strongly enough about it, you could always remind them that you're a voter.

Local government elections were last held on 13 September 2008. The next ordinary Council election will be held in September 2012.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred