• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WSW - Match

midfielder

Woohoo gameday at last kids.

Sex to start the day then espresso, then get them lawns mowed, then put a few beers in the fridge, then set off to Parra ....

Firing up!! match day is here....

MrCelery

Woohoo gameday at last kids.

Sex to start the day then espresso, then get them lawns mowed, then put a few beers in the fridge, then set off to Parra ....

Firing up!! match day is here....

Sounds exactly the same as my day, except for the sex part. :(

Atomic

I think we're starting something like this:

Pedj---Sains---Dutchy---Rose
--------Pelle---Hutch
-----Sterj---Rogic---WeeMac
-----------Duke

Atomic

Matty 3 pts... f**k, he his good!
Rogic 2 pts... same as above
1 pt???... dunno. Probably Dutchy, maybe Sainsbury, maybe Duke.

Forum Phoenix

Wanderers pressed hard and were keen to make an impression. We looked composed, but toothless. Nothing to be overly concerned with in our performance, but nothing to be too excited by either (though Tommy deserves some kudos)

I thought Duke tried hard. But the major issue for me was, Sterj really struggled and looked simply unable to involve himself much at that pace. With Weemac on the left (where he is never at his best) and Duke isolated, we simply never looked balanced or imposing enough up front until Bernie came on. Can we please always have two dedicated strikers on Arnie?

Pellegrino, some decent work, but he is not a DM and just doesn't stay alert enough, especially after he passes. He lacks awareness.

Monty, prefereed as DM over Pellegrino for mine, he didn't get much time,
but showed better positioning awareness and a couple of glimpses. Definitely strong on and off the ball.

Pedj had an off game.

Sainsbury played well.

Dutchy played well. But needs to distribute quickly sometimes too. We all know he's super cool on the ball, but sometimes let's get things moving quicker - that's a note to the whole team really.

Rosey - ok. Like Pedj with Weemac, He's better when he has Olly in front of him.

Duke - thought he did well and showed promise. He will cause trouble and get some goals this season if he keeps starting.

Hutch - solid. Not many errors, but was unable to motivate a fairly uninspired looking team when moving forward.

Weemac - eee gads, first time! Solid otherwise but failed to impose himself. He's better on the right.

Matty - not a lot to do overall, but did everything seemlessly. Though I agree with the WSW fans a little... come on son, get on with it!! Any more settled and they would have roots.

Rogic, my mom, not a perfect performance, but he played a full ninety minutes, by which I mean genuinely PLAYED, and showed many moments of ability, we would have been a very lack lustre side without him on the park.

Going forward, I'd like to see two upfront and I'm hoping Caceres will get some game time when he's back form injury, because we need some more creativity on the park in games like that.

Or if we are to play 4231, Olly in for Sterj and Weemac on right please.

style_cafe

FP ....great summary. :eek:verhead:
It showed that we hadn`t played for a fortnight.A very lacklustre performance but at least we didn`t lose.

MOM 3 Matty with a couple of goal stopping saves
2pts Rogic tried hard & had a great tussle with Aaron Mooy in which he came out marginally ahead
1pt Duke. His maiden A league start & he did very well. Looked sharp & tried hard all night.

I`m not a fan of that system,we played without purpose & didn`t look like scoring until late in the second half.

Wombat

Just got back from the game and enjoyed the day but have to say we were very poor.

Horrible shape, zero penetration and apart from Rogic, very poor in the middle of the park. We also had zero intensity until the last 5 minutes

I'm going to watch the tape before I gives scores as our viewing position wasn't the greatest.

Ryan was the only reason we didn't lose.

Sainsbury was impressive and Rogic was our classiest player.

Let's not f**k around with stupid formations.....back to 442 with Bernie starting.

They were ordinary

Had to laugh at the Wanderers yobbos who fronted us after the game....dear oh dear some right mugs who will do the game no favours unless the club can weed them out.
Easy to see why they had trouble in Campbelltown preseason.

midfielder

HHHHHMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm first FP good summary...

AAAAAGGGGGRRRRrrrr it's been a long time since I have seen us play with little creativity... maybe I got used to Musty ... Olly on his left weeMac on his right and the Rojic ...

Mile looks quite slow .....

Gotta say it was not the season start I was expecting...

As for WSW with Ono & Mooy they have a central midfield that will stretch most teams...

pjennings

I'm nowhere near as pessimistic as some on here. There was plenty to like out there - it just needs to be tweaked.

Firstly - Pellers might have lost 8 kgs - but he still shouldn't start. He just upsets the balance of the squad.

When he went off and we reverted to Hutch on the left and Weemac on the right we looked quite dangerous. Really no surprise since it put the Hutch/Rose and Pedj/WeeMac combos back together. TBH - the only change I would make for next week is Montgomery on for Pellers and starting with a 4-4-2 diamond with Sterj and Duke together. Bernie can come on with 30-35 to go and cause some damage then.

Roy Law

Missed most of the first half because of poor Internet feed but saw all the second. We were pretty slow at moving the ball but the I realised that WSW weren't even getting the ball! The only chances they had in the second half were from Mariner errors otherwise we were in complete control. Of the new boys I thought Sterjovski showed touches of genuine class but clearly wasn't match fit and Montgomery looked the business when he came on - for a bloke who apparently is a poor passer he didn't misplace one. Duke, an almost new boy, impressed me with his work rate and the way he chased, Matt Simon like, lost causes. I thought his first ever 90 mins was full of potential. Pellegrino was decent, he covered a lot of ground, made few errors and dropped back deep in defence regularly.
All in all it was a typical GA opening game performance - few risks taken, controlled the game and can do much better.
MoM - 3 pts McGlinchey
2 pts Rogic
1 pt Duke

adz

Staff member
I get the feeling we dodged a bullet there... Ono was quality when he came on. I think they (WSW) might carve a few teams up this season, especially Sydney FC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred