• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WSW away

Tevor

I agree that it is very condescending - but if you listen to Harper he is actually always praising Nisbet. He obviously doesn't realise how disrespectful it is.
Agree but it is really annoying.

How about Carl, gee what a whinger. Talk about carry on when his team was good for 15 mins of the match. Maybe trying to deflect from how his team is underperforming given their players. His whinge even had channel 7 thinking the game was controversial.

Ironbark

It was enjoyable to watch barring the obvious loose goals. We were comfortably superior and it was within our power to unleash an embarrassing scoreline.

We wasted it and it could even have bitten back harder except for some luck.

Urena is getting better every game, it's a pleasure just watching him do his thing.

Forum Phoenix

i think it'll help staj to .as he said our midfield got out of shape at the end .
bringing janota on with 10 minutes to go doesn't fix this .
Bang on. Question is why our midfield lost its shape. Pretty obvious. And Bouman up top especially when he's buggered is an option I'm not convinced of.

I prefer what a fresh Niz, Janota, Cassella or Hatch contributes to our attack than a gasssed Bouman.

Last edited:

Big Al

While I think we dominated the game we still gave away a few good chances to WSW Duke had two good chances one with his off foot that was weak and one on his right from quite close and he pushed at it and rolled safely to Birraz for an easy save when they should have scored. Plus the header off the post.
While I think we controlled alot of play they could easily had 4 or 5 as well. It could have been 4-4.

I think the break is coming at a good time so we can push for the finals.

The other teams are coming and out hold on top spot is about to slip away and the top 6 is actually really close. We need to come back and put the foot down again

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Watched the replay last night and it was quite clear that Gianni was still lamenting his goal miss. He laid on the ground for ages after and was out of position right after the goal. He and Ollie, for sone reason, put no effort in chasing Kamau.

On top of that Ruon uncharacteristically dived in at Kamau instead of standing him up, and then the ball took a bloody deflection.

If that play was repeated a hundred times it would not yield a goal. Perfect storm.
I said at the time that he he was not on a yellow he would have stood him up. Worries about the red there me thinks.

onto it

bozza for the most part has picked his game up this season imo
You can tell he’s trying to be much more professional and intelligent and trying pretty hard to get comp held in a higher stead.
If only fox would get rid of the stupid statistics wankers. Who cares how many times this team was ahead of that team at the 63rd minute then failed to take advantage of the fact that their players were an average of 13.5 millimetres taller than the other team, while the ball did not have a nike logo and Mrs Jone dog was having puppies?
Let's just get some good quality game real time analysis. I think Harper and Bozza are a mile ahead of the talking heads in that regard. The talking heads should just shut the f*ck up.

Big Al

If only fox would get rid of the stupid statistics wankers. Who cares how many times this team was ahead of that team at the 63rd minute then failed to take advantage of the fact that their players were an average of 13.5 millimetres taller than the other team, while the ball did not have a nike logo and Mrs Jone dog was having puppies?
Let's just get some good quality game real time analysis. I think Harper and Bozza are a mile ahead of the talking heads in that regard. The talking heads should just shut the f*ck up.
I get it but analytics is playing a huge part in sports and the Australian production style is to waffle over silence unfortunately. I watch probably 70% of the other teams games with no volume because they talk so much shit

scottmac

Suspended
Oh definitely - ours was a clear, clear penalty. Even the WSW fans agreed. Innocent and mistimed, but a foul.

Though given Beath's efforts against City, I was a little surprised to see it given!

The missed opportunities hurt us - especially Stens' header that went wide.

So many of the other opportunities were blocked by great desperate defence - that one, WSW had no answer to; everybody was beat.
If stens burys that we go up and I don't think WSW get back in it from there. We definitely don't play as loose as we did to finish.

onto it

I get it but analytics is playing a huge part in sports and the Australian production style is to waffle over silence unfortunately. I watch probably 70% of the other teams games with no volume because they talk so much shit
Yes. There is a huge difference between football analytics and mindless gossipy stats though.
The talking heads will prattle on about rubbish that has nothing to do with performance of the team or players. For me, that historical data is okay for a short while in the hypy game buildup but during the game I like to hear intelligent discourse with different perspectives about what is happening on the pitch.
I realise some of those who actually know the game (ex-players mostly) are sometimes lacking in the confidence or capability to communicate but at least they have valid things to say. Some are good but often get shut down by the celebrity TV twat. Others seem to be forcefull enough to get a word in - Bozza & Slater for instance are not shy and knows their stuff.
The talking heads role should be to open up these guys who know what they are talking about, not fill the airwaves with waffle. IMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami