• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Worst Week Ever?

greenpoint

It's not so much the grand final result, but everything that's happened since Sunday that's got me thinking it's the worst week ever for Mariners supporters.

The unjustifiably long sentence handed down to Danny, the Johnny Warren Medal awarded to someone whose sentence should have been longer than Danny's, the news that my favourite player is off to Melbourne, the probable loss of Gumps and the rumours that Mr Aloisi's off to the Bling ...

Tell me it's not going to get any worse!

You can't put your arms around a memory, but there are a lot of moments from this season that will remain with me forever. Sasho's revenge goal against the Bling in the first match, our unbeaten streak, Hutch's lay-off for Tommy in the infamous sack-whack game, the buzz created by the news that we'd just signed Aloisi. The record crowds, the glowing local press, Mann Street shops decked out in navy and yellow. And the supporters. Legends, the lot of you!

FFC Mariner

Worst week ever for Mariners supporters??

GF - 6 other clubs would envy us

Tommy - Right thing for him and his family. Go well Tommy

Danny - Have faith FFA will fold.

Gumps - Have faith in Lawrie

JA - Dont let it hit you on the ass buddy

Some club, somewhere is doing it worse.

Tez

greenpoint said:
It's not so much the grand final result, but everything that's happened since Sunday that's got me thinking it's the worst week ever for Mariners supporters.

The unjustifiably long sentence handed down to Danny, the Johnny Warren Medal awarded to someone whose sentence should have been longer than Danny's, the news that my favourite player is off to Melbourne, the probably loss of Gumps and the rumours that Mr Aloisi's off to the Bling ...

Tell me it's not going to get any worse!

You can't put your arms around a memory, but there are a lot of moments from this season that will remain with me forever. Sasho's revenge goal against the Bling in the first match, our unbeaten streak, Hutch's lay-off for Tommy in the infamous sack-whack game, the buzz created by the news that we'd just signed Aloisi. The record crowds, the glowing local press, Mann Street shops decked out in navy and yellow. And the supporters. Legends, the lot of you!

it has been a pretty bad week, but i find it hard to believe anything else could go wrong? i really hope nothin else bad happens!

Sym

Personally I didn't even care about the grand final loss when I discovered Vuk could of been gone for life.

I dunno the worst thing is Newcastle fans claiming to be the best in the a-league because they won the grand final whereas in most leagues across the world it is non-existent so therefor again they have won nothing..Haha

Mattsy

it's not that, it's that.. well, if you won the grandfinal you would do the same thing.

and, if I had to, I'd look up the posts with some names (serious14) and such bragging that we'll have no chance on the day, and that the premiership is SOOOO much better then the grandfinal, they both have their own importance.

Ted

Of the rumours and ship (haha, mariners geddit?) jumpers, I'd like to think Gumps was staying. He always plays the game with heart!

midfielder

Mattsy said:
it's not that, it's that.. well, if you won the grandfinal you would do the same thing.

and, if I had to, I'd look up the posts with some names (serious14) and such bragging that we'll have no chance on the day, and that the premiership is SOOOO much better then the grandfinal, they both have their own importance.

Mattsy FC*********K  OFF,  and don't come back ever

serious14

Mattsy said:

Just my opinion pal - a Grand Final is 90 minutes, defined by a moment or two, often of sheer luck.  A premiership proves consistency, and who is truly the best team over the season.  You can celebrate your "win" that "makes you the best team", but quite frankly, a Grand Final without a premiership means........ well, not much.  Now if it was the FFA Cup Final, then it would be a different story.

And if certain coaches hadn't played shithouse tactics on the day and waited 70 minutes to make subs, then we would have had a far better chance in the game and subsequently wiped the floor with you.

Now that I've owned you "Mattsy", f*ck off.

MrCelery

Crappy week indeed.

But another way to look at it, is that it can only get better from here (I hope).

I'm hoping that with Tommy going, Lawrie will re-think Gumps. Although I suspect that's a forelorn hope. I think they've burned their bridges.

kepo

Tough times.
Not worry about a thing
cause every little thing is going to be alright
Not worry about a thing..

Every team has had drama..

look at us, 4 managers, slary cap rubbish, injuries, low crowds.

kepo

MrCelery said:
But another way to look at it, is that it can only get better from here (I hope).
it will get better, u will probally make some good signings that will cheer everything up
one good thing out of this week for u guys was the sheffield united link.

brett

It's been the sort of week where each day comes and finds a different way to kick you in the guts.

Grand Final loss....bad enough
THEN as the fall out happens we see we should have been given a penalty or two. Great.
Monday - and now Danny is in a lot of trouble. Worse than Sunday :(
Tuesday - Now we've heard Danny's outcome, and Gumps is in the paper getting in trouble. Give us a break!
Wednesday - Tommy is announced. Maybe the timing of this was to detract attention from the previous two stories? Griffo wins Johnny Warren Medal after his sackwhack. It sicks in for all of us that if justice had been done in the first place he would have sat out the season and it might yet have been us lifting the Championship. No ifs, buts, maybes or conspiracies. It WAS bullshit and had a very direct and long term affect on the season.
Thursday/Friday - Aloisi is outta here.

Anyone got a rock? I suggest we hide under one for a month and see what's doing after that.

At least in all of this we have a club and players who do us proud that we can look forward to getting behind again soon enough. The referees and FFA can't take that away from us.

greenpoint

brett said:
At least in all of this we have a club and players who do us proud that we can look forward to getting behind again soon enough. The referees and FFA can't take that away from us.

Brilliant sentiments, Brett!

I agree, I really am proud of this club and of the passion displayed by our players. Even when it's gotten them into trouble .. 

Jimmy

brett said:
It's been the sort of week where each day comes and finds a different way to kick you in the guts.

Grand Final loss....bad enough
THEN as the fall out happens we see we should have been given a penalty or two. Great.
Monday - and now Danny is in a lot of trouble. Worse than Sunday :(
Tuesday - Now we've heard Danny's outcome, and Gumps is in the paper getting in trouble. Give us a break!
Wednesday - Tommy is announced. Maybe the timing of this was to detract attention from the previous two stories? Griffo wins Johnny Warren Medal after his sackwhack. It sicks in for all of us that if justice had been done in the first place he would have sat out the season and it might yet have been us lifting the Championship. No ifs, buts, maybes or conspiracies. It WAS bullshit and had a very direct and long term affect on the season.
Thursday/Friday - Aloisi is outta here.

Anyone got a rock? I suggest we hide under one for a month and see what's doing after that.

Yeah, im hoping for a long off season just to get over the past week, ive felt like shit everyday.

T

thanman

Greenpoleffc said:
Worst week ever for Mariners supporters??

GF - 6 other clubs would envy us

Tommy - Right thing for him and his family. Go well Tommy

Danny - Have faith FFA will fold.

Gumps - Have faith in Lawrie

JA - Dont let it hit you on the ass buddy

Some club, somewhere is doing it worse.

I don't think I could put it any better.
Captured it very well :)
:goodpost:

radar

The only people who can bag the Mariners for losing the Grand Final (which is basically an eight-week season) are Newcastle supporters. So heads up in the air everybody.

Stuff like Danny's incident does happen, but hopefully public support will change some minds over at FFA.

Souths beat St George in the Charity Shield.

...everything will be alright.

Demented Freak

Oh come on, harden up a little. You're still premiers and you're still off to Asia in 12 months. Perth supporters have been having consecutive bad weeks for the last three years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred