• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup qualifying- Europe preview

Gopher of Pern

I'm not saying that what he did was right. At the time, he should have told the ref he handballed it. But scoring an own goal because you handballed it for your own goal? In a must win world cup qualifier? He would have been torn to shreds.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Seff and his cronies really are a bunch of narcasistic tosser politicians. Every WC, we hear the same bleatings .. cracking down on "simulating" etc. Don't believe a word of it any more. 2010 will be a same-o same-o back slapping event - demeaned by cheats and lauded by fraudsters. The saving grace is that there will be teams and players who will rise above this to provide a decent sporting spectacle despite all the crap.

FFC Mariner

So if Timmy C does that to get us out of the group stages, will we offer to replay?

Will we f**k.

It yet again brings FIFA into disrepute for their seeding of the play offs and appointment of suitable refs. Henri is a cheating French prick and a half decent set of officials would have picked it.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
So if Timmy C does that to get us out of the group stages, will we offer to replay?

Will we f**k.

And I would think less of us for it.

Fair play >>>>>> Cheating.

Kareem

Gopher of Pern said:
I'm not saying that what he did was right. At the time, he should have told the ref he handballed it. But scoring an own goal because you handballed it for your own goal? In a must win world cup qualifier? He would have been torn to shreds.
+1
He would have had death threats, however maybe not any real attempts at his life...
In other countries ie. outside of europe- he could have been even shot for such an act.

In case of it being an Henry vs Technology issue...I agree with FP on the technology issue
...its simply a problem in regards to technology that needs to be fixed.
Whether it is referee's discretion, or a challenge system (which I dont like cause it then introduces a strategy of how u use it, and who knows by that stage in extratime, Ireland may have used it up- which then means technology wouldnt have made a difference.)
I personally like referee's decision. Surely the referee couldnt have been confident that it 100% wasnt a handball. I know he acted that way (u have to be confident, if your a ref!)- a simple check would have sorted it trough

Lastly- Dibo is spot on! The worst thing out of all of this is that Domenech has kept his job- which is an utter disgrace.
I have feeling Argentina and France will be in the same group which will be painful.

Forum Phoenix

serious14 said:
Gopher - If it meant I wasn't labelled a dirty cheat for the rest of my career and it meant a fair and just result, then yes.

This whole "oh, y'know, it's just part of football" malarkey is one of the biggest problems in the game today. 

OMG!!! HOW SICK TO THE TEETH I AM OF THAT CRAP!

So enjoyed reading that Serious.

And all the...

It evens out of the course of a season.
Such an absolute load of unproven illogical shit.

Sym

well, that's fair enough

But seriously even if they completely dominated, which sounds like they did, doesn't mean they would win the game.

any chance of a replay at all ?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

FIFA recently trialled a system with having extra officials on the goal line, primarily to judge ball in/out of goal situations, but they would also have the capacity to draw the referee's attention to fouls.

If only that trial was successful, the handball would've been picked up by one of them.  Oh well.

FFC Mariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
FIFA recently trialled a system with having extra officials on the goal line, primarily to judge ball in/out of goal situations, but they would also have the capacity to draw the referee's attention to fouls.

If only that trial was successful, the handball would've been picked up by one of them.  Oh well.

Fulham v Roma at CC had the extra official on the goal line. Managed ot help the ref send off the wrong player from 2m away.

Good call considering 1 is a brown haired irishman and the player they tried to send off was a 7ft blonde (Hangeland).

Absolute farce and the sooner the 4th official has access to replays the better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb