• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup qualifiers in June

Morgan30

Wales got up against Azerbaijan away

Was interested to read that only 78 welsh fans did the trek but more interesting was the Welsh FA were giving away free tickets for the match.

kevrenor

Morgan30 said:

Was interested to read that only 78 welsh fans did the trek but more interesting was the Welsh FA were giving away free tickets for the match.

Cymru a'm byth!

Would you want to go to Azerbaijan? ... it wouldn't even have Tahkent or Kunming's attractions

Kareem

far out
Egypt losing 2-0 away to Algeria (2 goals in 5 mins)
screw this- should just wait til next Africans cup if I want to see Egypt play good

Kareem

3-1 FT
i just got off phone with algerian friend- was insisting that Egypt lost because Algeria were such a good team...i maintained that Egypt sucked :p

Arabmariner

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Europe's groups = top two getting through innit??
Top goes through and the best 8 out of nine runners up play off for 4 spots.
Been reading up on this to see how they determine the 8 best runners up since group 9 has only 5 teams while the rest have 6.

The runners up in groups 1 - 8 will have their results against the bottom team in the group discounted.Then the 9 runners up pts record will determine the best 8 to play off.

serious14

Andorra are 80/1 to beat England tonight on SkyBet.co.uk.....

I know it will never happen, but still, you gotta wonder.

serious14

Italy 4, New Zealand 3.

Something wrong with that headline..... New Zealand held the lead three times as well.

Kareem

how is easy is group b

group b
spain, south africa, iraq, new zealand
spain could play their 2nd string and win their games

group A
Italy, USA, Egypt, Brazil
Egypt is better than SA, Iraq and New Zealand...and I would say USA might be as well
oh well

Morgan30

kevrenor said:
Morgan30 said:

Cymru a'm byth!

Would you want to go to Azerbaijan? ... it wouldn't even have Tahkent or Kunming's attractions

I wouldnt want to go either i was just surprised to see only 78 took up the offer of free tickets

having said that hasn't exactly been difficult to get tickets for home qualifiers either

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Andorra are 80/1 to beat England tonight on SkyBet.co.uk.....

I know it will never happen, but still, you gotta wonder.
This bloke was thinking differently....... ;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/06/11/scot-places-135k-on-england-to-beat-andorra-and-picks-up-just-675-winnings-86908-21431702/

Imagine the tension if the game had been close !!

And lol at him not telling the Mrs!!!

Kareem

dibo said:
Kareem said:
Egypt is better than SA, Iraq and New Zealand...and I would say USA might be as well
oh well

you reckon? seen the group c table lately?
you seen the african nations cup trophy plaque thing lately?
next to 2006 * 2008 has 5 letters- E G Y P T ;):p
we are a cup team...just suck on the road over a long period of time
wat u see in group c was happening before our 2 cup victories- just one of those things... ::)

New Zealand has had bigger stuffups than Egypt (didnt they lose to Solomons?) and Iraq suck lately, and South Africa...dont get me started

serious14

South AND North Korea qualify automatically for 2010, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia to contest the 3rd placed playoff.

Most intriguing.

marinermick

serious14 said:
South AND North Korea qualify automatically for 2010, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia to contest the 3rd placed playoff.

Most intriguing.

North Korea will get pounded at the Worl Cup. They are unbeatable at home in the intimidating atmosphere of Pyongyang but have lost a few on the road.

The freekick that put Bahrain through to the playoff was just special.

David Votoupal

I'd argue that North Korea have this element of surprise, a certain "mysterious" quality about them that might make them dangerous to those who underestimate them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred