• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Womens role in the support of football

marinermick

Sym said:
be cool and wear a jersey over a jumper.

I don't think you realise how cold it is Sym. The only way of beating the cold is wearing multiple layers and wearing a thick overcoast.

That, and the threat of being beat up in the streets, are the main reasons why colours are not worn to games. You see when the weather is warmer there is alot more colours being worn.

Has nothing to do with trying to be cool and the black jacket brigade at the Mariners have totally missed the point.

bjw

bjw
marinermick said:
Sym said:

I don't think you realise how cold it is Sym. The only way of beating the cold is wearing multiple layers and wearing a thick overcoast.

That, and the threat of being beat up in the streets, are the main reasons why colours are not worn to games. You see when the weather is warmer there is alot more colours being worn.

Has nothing to do with trying to be cool and the black jacket brigade at the Mariners have totally missed the point.

hooligans dont come out in summer?

marinermick

bj. said:
marinermick said:
Sym said:

hooligans dont come out in summer?

If you would have chosen to read my post you would have realised I listed two as to why people do not wear colours. Let me bullet point them for your benefit:

1. Too cold to wear colours (2 CoLd 2 WeAr CoLoUrS)
2. May be beaten up with colours (MaY b BeAtn Up WiT CoLoUrS)

They are not mutually inclusive or dependant on each other. Those who find it too cold to wear colours will probably do so when it is warmer.

Those who do not wear colours because of the threat of violence will not likely wear colours when it is warmer.

J

jiggles

So therefore....those who are fine with being a "hooligan" should wear colours...because really, they're not afraid of anyone...lulz.

FFC Mariner

There is also the small matter of using the London underground wearing colours. Usually no problem but you dont want to turn a corner and find that Leeds or Cardiff are in town and you are changing at the same station.

serious14

marinermick said:
Sym said:

Both these points are spot on.  At the Barnsley/Man U game last week, a few United fans had tickets in the Barnsley End as well, and they were stupid enough to celebrate Welbeck's goal by jumping out of their seat and carrying on (as you do, but in the safety of your own numbers) - suffice to say that the police couldn't get there fast enough.... they still copped a hiding, and had to be taken out of the ground.  You just don't wear colors as an away supporter unless you're willing to deal with the inevitable consequences - plus, there's the practical factor, which leads me to............... the weather - it was 3 degrees here last night, and that was without the wind chill factor.  You're more than welcome to wear just a jersey, but you'll suffer for it for about a week after with a nice cold.  ;)

*edit*  What Andrew said - you've got how many clubs (some bitter rivalries too) inside the M25?? 

kanewillow

marinermick said:
Sym said:

how bout a tea spoon of concrete for the poms

J

jiggles

Is ok. I didn't mean to confuse the two. My opinion doesn't really count though, apparently ;)

T

The more you bite, the better the fishing is.

Everyone has a right to stand in the bay if they are willing to sing and cheer, regardless of gender.

Alicia

T said:
The more you bite, the better the fishing is.

Everyone has a right to stand in the bay if they are willing to sing and cheer, regardless of gender.

Well said T

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
your just a girl.....................

livin' in captivity.

Oh, and wasn't biting. Was purely taking the piss out of myself, and this thread. lulz.

Now, please excuse me while I go use my breasts to score me free beer. kkthnx.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred