• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wilko to Korea

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
How about this one?

There would be players rattling around in the lower leagues of UK/Scotland/Europe who are in a similar position to Bojic IMHO.

They now have a pathway. Come back to the HAL, perform and all of a sudden its big $$$ time in Korea/China.

+1, sounds like an agent's strategy to me!

jaypee said:
Part_Timer said:
have they  seen wilko play ???

Very old footage..... nothing recent....

On that basis we might end up losing him to Newcastle FFS!

Arabmariner said:
Saves Lawrie from dropping him (which he probably wouldn't).

Odds on Captain Hutch....not my choice just what I think will happen.

Not my choice either, but very likely if Alex is out injured or leaves the club.

Razorback

I'll pay for his airfare, one way off course.

Just for shits and giggles what do think we'd get for him? In all seriousness anything under 500k seems pointless

tyson

bay5_mariner said:
Yeah, found this on the SMH site in an article about Colossimo

While Sydney are reluctant to sell a player who could lead a revival next season, the odds are Colosimo will ultimately get his wish. Since the turn of the year, four players - Jade North (from Newcastle to Incheon United), Sasa Ognenovski (Adelaide to Seongnam Ilhwa), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle to Beijing Guoan) and Mark Milligan (Newcastle to Shanghai Shenhua) - have either completed moves to Asia or are finalising them.

Colosimo could lead the next wave of departures, among them Adam Griffiths (Newcastle to FC Seoul), Melbourne Victory pair Archie Thompson and Roddy Vargas, whose destinations are unknown, and Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Perth) and Alex Wilkinson (Central Coast), who are believed to have been watched by Korean champions Ulsan Hyundai at the weekend.

Despite the exodus, Buckley backed the FFA's salary cap. "We're not surprised by this," he said. "There's an argument it was always likely to occur."

Might have more credibility to it than seems

Was Colosimo picked based on his good form through out the 08/09 season?
Maybe they got him confused with John Aloisi?

midfielder

Interesting from smh today

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-korea-opportunity-of-a-lifetime/2009/02/01/1233423046179.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

A rule change has Korean clubs shopping for Australian defenders. .......

loyalist

nikko said:
MattSimon said:
tyson said:
Was Colosimo picked based on his good form through out the 08/09 season?
Maybe they got him confused with John Aloi$i?

Picked based on Underbelly DVDs

Carlton crew ? or the fat boy williams?
the black prince of lygon st.

350px-UnderbellyCast.jpg

Bear

Australia News
McKinna Relieved To Keep Wilko

EXCLUSIVE: Lawrie McKinna feared skipper Alex Wilkinson could have been lost to the club ahead of the finals series after an unnamed Asian club expressed their interest.
Wilkinson was less than impressed with his team after their 2-0 defeat by Queensland Roar on Friday night but had matters worked out differently then he might not have been on the pitch at all.

There had been whispers of Asian interest in Wilkinson but McKinna has now confirmed that there had been the possibility of losing his captain.

He told au.fourfourtwo.com: "He was targeted. A club came in and showed a lot of interest in him. I was starting to think 'he could be gone', at least for Asia (the Champions League). Lucky for us and maybe unlucky for Wilko, an official offer never actually came in.

"I think at the end of June when you can prepare for next season, that's different, but when something comes in a week before the finals series, well - the timing was not good.

"Mile Jedinak was different. We knew he was going to go. It was a big offer for the club and you have to make a decision. If Wilko had gone (at such short notice) we'd have struggled to fill that spot."

Both coach and captain now have to pick up the Mariners squad ahead of the second leg at Suncorp Stadium.

Few headlines are likely to offer much hope of a Mariners triumph but then McKinna has got used to proving critics wrong and he no longer worries too much what people say about his team and the club.

He said: "Probably the first two or three years I'd read things, get upset by it, go home and chew my wife's ear off but but everyone has their right to an opinion."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred