• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who's Your Secret Second Team?

Corsair

I worked in Brissy for a few months and got along to Suncorp to watch Roar a few times, so it'd be them. Like that stadium too.

Adelaide will never be forgiven for putting out the Olympic diving squad. Mauk in particular can eat shit forever for that game.

Meerkat

Hate Adelaide,Victory and Roar.Dislike WSW,Newcastle,Sydney and City.,Ambivalent about Wellington,MacArthur and Perth.For some funny reason don't mind WU-probably because Conor Pain played for them.
I tend to like players rather than teams, across the rest of the league. I don’t mind Connor Paine and really like Lachie Wales.

I like Jake Brimmer from Victory. Im struggling to think of more ? Weirdly I don’t hate Maclaren. Doesn’t mean I cheer for him though.

Allreet?

I tend to like players rather than teams, across the rest of the league. I don’t mind Connor Paine and really like Lachie Wales.

I like Jake Brimmer from Victory. Im struggling to think of more ? Weirdly I don’t hate Maclaren. Doesn’t mean I cheer for him though.
I'm a bit similar. Used to love watching Diamante at WU, always loved Aaron Mooy, plus a few others.

I don't mind Maclaren either. He's clearly an outstanding player at AL level and could even be useful for the Socceroos if Arnie set up to suit him but he doesn't. I do find Maclaren's earnest style at interviews rather amusing.

Allreet?

I do get that, but he's just too good to be excluded.

If he's not immediately in Bayern's plans, why would they care?

Stuartmcateer

I do get that, but he's just too good to be excluded.

If he's not immediately in Bayern's plans, why would they care?
He doesn’t go to Bayern until the end of the season anyway because he can’t move until he turns 18.

Arnie said before the WCQs that he needed to be more consistent. It’s hard to achieve that when he has only played 90 minutes twice.

Maybe arnie is worried that every “next big thing” since Kewell has disappeared after playing for the national team and doesn’t want to jinx the kid ??‍♂️.

TBH aside from the worldie against China he wasn’t super in the u/17 Asian cup either. Work rate was reasonably low and did a fair bit of sulking. Despite that he is probably worth the gamble - as long as the opposition LB doesn’t wear a Faz shirt.

Allreet?

Aaah, okay... I thought he was headed to Germany this month. That makes more sense then.

I am concerned that there is not enough creativity in our Asian Cup squad. Arzani or Irankunda would've been far better selections than Tilio.

Big Al

WSW for me. Came from around there and my mates and his family especially his youngest son support them so i watch to give him a ribbing but also don’t mind them.

I liked when Duke went there it was a good story.

I like how AU play and give youth a go.

I like the Nix and don’t get the Nix out hate. I really respected them and the warriors staying away from there families during covid. Would have been really tough. I like there fans and the shirts off at 80min is corny but fun and i like it.

I want Jets to be better and feel they are fairly similar to us and if we weren’t rivals would like them more. I wasn’t living here for the start of A League so don’t have the hate most of you have for them because all Ive known is them being completely shit except for the Mv grand final and i wanted them to win that over MV.

turbo

I hated them for a while around the time Mauk was diving and it got contagious but I'd say Adelaide for me. They're rarely boring to watch whether they're doing well or poorly and Coopers has been the scene of some crazy games. Tend to punch above their weight and been surprisingly consistent in being around the top 6.

Archie

Jeez this is tough, this is my order from favourite to most hated

1. Mariners (obviously)
2. Wellington - feel sorry for them and no reason to dislike them (except for 2-8 and theyre sheepshaggers)
3. Perth Glory - meh they go alright
4. Brisbane Meow - recent years our bogey team but not a bad club and now they got Ben Cahn
5. Adelaide Utd - pissant town but good at diving (penalty adelaide)
6. Western Utd - disrespectful to give abuse to the homeless but they arent bringing nothing to the league
7. Macarthur FC - cowbells drive me nuts, knocked us out in 2021
8. Melbourne Victory - bucket throwers
9. Melbourne $ity - CFG is the cancer of football imo
10. Newcastle Jets - would be much lower if I wasn't used to an easy win against them
11. Wanderers - bunch of grubs in the club like marcelo and rudan etc
12. Sydney - danny townsend fc, plastic club and fanbase

marinermick

Jeez this is tough, this is my order from favourite to most hated

1. Mariners (obviously)
2. Wellington - feel sorry for them and no reason to dislike them (except for 2-8 and theyre sheepshaggers)
3. Perth Glory - meh they go alright
4. Brisbane Meow - recent years our bogey team but not a bad club and now they got Ben Cahn
5. Adelaide Utd - pissant town but good at diving (penalty adelaide)
6. Western Utd - disrespectful to give abuse to the homeless but they arent bringing nothing to the league
7. Macarthur FC - cowbells drive me nuts, knocked us out in 2021
8. Melbourne Victory - bucket throwers
9. Melbourne $ity - CFG is the cancer of football imo
10. Newcastle Jets - would be much lower if I wasn't used to an easy win against them
11. Wanderers - bunch of grubs in the club like marcelo and rudan etc
12. Sydney - danny townsend fc, plastic club and fanbase

Disagree that Sydney has a plastic fan group. They are big, loyal, organised and passionate.

Archie

Disagree that Sydney has a plastic fan group. They are big, loyal, organised and passionate.
What I meant was there wider fan base were full of plastics, I remember when I went there for our game agaist them last January I was pretty disappointed about the atmosphere in the stadium considering they did win that day. Tbf though, you rarely see in aussie football members that are going crazy and the cove is one of the best in the country as much as it hurts me to say.

Allreet?

The Cove and Victory fans are loud and pretty passionate. So are the Adelaide and Glory fans in smaller numbers.

The WSW RBB used to be loud and numerous but they spent most of the match singing about themselves.

pjennings

What I meant was there wider fan base were full of plastics, I remember when I went there for our game agaist them last January I was pretty disappointed about the atmosphere in the stadium considering they did win that day. Tbf though, you rarely see in aussie football members that are going crazy and the cove is one of the best in the country as much as it hurts me to say.
I always found the Cove to be very quiet at the Stadium and the atmosphere underwhelming. I tend to sit on the side rather the ends. When you watch the replay they always sound loud. Maybe it has more to do with effect microphones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred