• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who would you rather have at the club next year?

Mulvey or Tommy H?

• Mulvey.......whats not to like?

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Hiariej...............technically our best player

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

pjennings

Well they are after Man U and we have the connection there

Edit - no they aren't.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...er-united-saudi-minister-190218022337974.html

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman does not plan to buy Manchester United, the kingdom's government has said, while confirming that its sovereign wealth fund held sponsorship talks with the English football team.

British newspaper The Sun over the weekend reported Prince Mohammad was stepping up a bid for New York-listed United - valued at around $4bn.

But Turki al-Shabanah, the Saudi media minister, distanced the kingdom from a takeover, writing on Twitter: "Reports claiming that HRH the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman intends on buying @ManUtd are completely false."

The crown prince was at the centre of a global outcry last year over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2. That put United's already-close links with the Saudi government under scrutiny.

Last edited:

marinermick

Nothing to do with race or religion, the Saudis have one of the worst human rights records on the planet and I want no part of them.

Yeah it is about race because you are tainting a potential investor because of the actions of a few of his countrymen.

It’s like a Kiwi saying they don’t want anything to do with Frank Lowy because of our government’s behaviour in Manus Island.

turbo

Yeah it is about race because you are tainting a potential investor because of the actions of a few of his countrymen.

The kind of investor likely to buy a football team is going to be amongst the elite. It’s hardly blaming average joe for things.

MagpieMariner

Yes, my bad. I should have made my point of view clearer. The majority of Saudis aren't in any position to buy a football club, they are just trying to keep their heads above water and on their shoulders. I don't have any problem with them, they are people just like me without having the great good fortune to be born in Australia. The Saudis I have a problem with are the ones who can afford to buy sporting teams; the ones who, if they are not involved in human rights abuse, are in a position to do something and don't.

marinermick

Yes, my bad. I should have made my point of view clearer. The majority of Saudis aren't in any position to buy a football club, they are just trying to keep their heads above water and on their shoulders. I don't have any problem with them, they are people just like me without having the great good fortune to be born in Australia. The Saudis I have a problem with are the ones who can afford to buy sporting teams; the ones who, if they are not involved in human rights abuse, are in a position to do something and don't.

The same brush can be tarred with most super rich people in the world, including Australia and our allied mates the US. This is not a trait isolated to the Saudis elite.

Antlion

So we're in agreeance - the super rich shouldn't be allowed near our club. It would be unethical and ruin our football model of sell but don't invest.

turbo

The same brush can be tarred with most super rich people in the world, including Australia and our allied mates the US. This is not a trait isolated to the Saudis elite.

I don’t remember the last time I heard of an English or Australian government doing something like the jamal khashoggi situation. US probably in murkier waters there but the rights on a broad scale are still far better. Remember this is a country that recently gave women the power to drive and has religious police. Oil money doesn’t wash away that dirt. It’s not racist to be concerned about things that are still happening right now.

marinermick

I don’t remember the last time I heard of an English or Australian government doing something like the jamal khashoggi situation. US probably in murkier waters there but the rights on a broad scale are still far better. Remember this is a country that recently gave women the power to drive and has religious police. Oil money doesn’t wash away that dirt. It’s not racist to be concerned about things that are still happening right now.

I don’t disagree but there is plenty of unconscious biases going here. Our own backyard is not clean either.

There is plenty going on in our country and we are part of an alliance where much does not get reported in the media.

And where do we draw the line on this? Do we not watch the EPL and had to their revenue even though their league is awash with Saudi and Russian petroleum dollars?

marinermick

So we're in agreeance - the super rich shouldn't be allowed near our club. It would be unethical and ruin our football model of sell but don't invest.

Hey, I never agreed to this. If Roman was to walk through our doors with a fist full of dollars I will welcome him.

Antlion

Tongue in cheek. Unlike in the past, I'd now take Central Coast Red Bull Mariners over a death by a thousand cuts.

Reactions: adz

shipwreck

Can someone explain to me what exactly is going to happen when clubs are no longer run by the FFA?

Does this mean we no longer get funding from them etc or does it mean we no longer need them to approve every time our players want to have a shower?

Big Al

Can someone explain to me what exactly is going to happen when clubs are no longer run by the FFA?

Does this mean we no longer get funding from them etc or does it mean we no longer need them to approve every time our players want to have a shower?
The league tv money goes to the league which is each club instead of to the FFA who spend it on the league but also all their consultants as well as all the national competitions and teams men and woman.

It will also become more cut throat and things like the salary cap may go and the big boys will rule the world.

However things likw transfers probably will come in allowing us to sell to Sydney.

In theory MC investment increases with the increase in the tv money and control

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami