• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who would be your dream marquee player?

Wombat

georgemladenov said:
Countryhick said:
I really think we need to get a quality asian player for a number of reasons. Keeps the AFC board happy. Gives us a player with in depth knowledge and experience of the asian style and referee styles.Plus the different mindset and attacking/defensive style.

This is probably something Clive Palmer should consider at the Gold Coast. Nakamura is moving back to the J-League at the end of this season. The J-League ends in the first week of December, but starts in the first week of March. Japan are likely to be playing in the 2010 World Cup. Put 2 + 2 together, Nakamura will want to stay in peak fitness before South Africa, but few European clubs would want him on a 2 or 3 month loan. Any A-League club with foresight should consider him the best possible guest signing (with $500 AUD return flights between Tokyo/Osaka to the Gold Coast, $650 to Sydney, this could be a huge marketing boom tourism wise with travelling Japanese fans coming to Australia to experience our Summer and their Nakamura!).

Nakamura would be brilliant as long as he's not washed up like Romario  was.

loyalist

midfielder said:
keensy said:
TerrigalUtd said:
TIMMY CAHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is rubbish, bl

Child ..wash out your mouth ... Top Cat is our best player ... I would love Top Cat at Bluetounge
TopCat.jpg

dont see the resemblence tbh

Paolo

midfielder said:
keensy said:
TerrigalUtd said:
TIMMY CAHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is rubbish, bl

Child ..wash out your mouth ... Top Cat is our best player ... I would love Top Cat at Bluetounge
sorry, i cant take your post seriously unless it comes in a new thread with a 10 000 word article which has been copy pasted

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Wombat said:
georgemladenov said:
Countryhick said:
I really think we need to get a quality asian player for a number of reasons. Keeps the AFC board happy. Gives us a player with in depth knowledge and experience of the asian style and referee styles.Plus the different mindset and attacking/defensive style.

This is probably something Clive Palmer should consider at the Gold Coast. Nakamura is moving back to the J-League at the end of this season. The J-League ends in the first week of December, but starts in the first week of March. Japan are likely to be playing in the 2010 World Cup. Put 2 + 2 together, Nakamura will want to stay in peak fitness before South Africa, but few European clubs would want him on a 2 or 3 month loan. Any A-League club with foresight should consider him the best possible guest signing (with $500 AUD return flights between Tokyo/Osaka to the Gold Coast, $650 to Sydney, this could be a huge marketing boom tourism wise with travelling Japanese fans coming to Australia to experience our Summer and their Nakamura!).

Nakamura would be brilliant as long as he's not washed up like Romario  was.

Nakamura is far from washed up. Romario was 3 years past it. Nakamura is still at his prime. He is a SPL MVP AllStar.

But Nakamura isn't going back to the J-league yet. Not in this transfer window, anyway.

jaypee

Fowler is apparently on his way to OZ with NQF being touted as one of the possibilities....

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/92312,fowler-flying-in-to-oz.aspx

Would be interesting to see where he lands - Seems he was close to signing at Sydney - was Turnball there at that stage? Its well known Robbie is a property developer as well.....

Bear

No, Turnbull was with us when Fowler was close to being a Sydney player.

Blessing for Sydney really, he then signed for Cardiff, and was injured for half the year.

jaypee

FFC Mariner said:
And they already have their marquee position locked in for next season

:piralaugh:  :piralaugh:  :piralaugh:

I doubt it...... Aloisi will fall (READ: BE PUSHED) on his sword before next season.....

FFC Mariner

"injured" again for this week.....................

suspect we may not see him again and then a "injury forces retirement" story.

jaypee

FFC Mariner said:
"injured" again for this week.....................

suspect we may not see him again and then a "injury forces retirement" story.

I think he may play one more game - off the bench and may even score - then he will retire.....

Nah - he's gone for good - watch for Brutus Kemmeny and the board - they are already circling. Comments by him to the extent of "well we had a verbal agreement that if John didn't perform he would walk away from his contract" are already showing that the "Ides of March" are approaching Aloisi very very quickly....

Bear

No way will he retire from the game all together

He would still get millions in UAE

dub

I think we should get Edga Davis and M.Bosnich Back for the Cup they played for the Oceana 11 against LA gallaxy and they both played well give them only the cup rounds first?

Bear

Davids has apparantly offered himself to spurs on a pay as you play basis

Bozza will sign for Syd or nobody imo

graaant

Any chance we can pull Ole Gunnar out!?
Imagine what that man could do coming on in the 60th for Nik...
He'd also still look younger.

pjennings

pjennings said:
If his hip has recovered - Robbie Fowler. Maybe he can go into property development with Peter Turnbull ;)

I still reckon Robbie would be great for us if he is really over his injury. He would put bums on seats (I think he would drag at least 2000 - 3000 Liverpool supporters from Sydney each home game), as well as attracting sponsors and interest in the ACL. His reading of the game could be what we need to really unlock the potential of our strikeforce.

Rowdy

pjennings said:
He would put bums on seats (I think he would drag at least 2000 - 3000 Liverpool supporters from Sydney each home game), as well as attracting sponsors and interest in the ACL. His reading of the game could be what we need to really unlock the potential of our strikeforce.

For sure.

An attacking CREATIVE midfielder is the only type of player that should be considered for the Marquee spot and other than an 'experienced/hard/quick/tall' Centre Back, the Attacking Mid type player, these 2 are the only additions that we need, as PJ said,  to fully complement what we already have

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred