• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should take our penalties?

Who should take our spot kicks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradley

After missing 5/5 I am interested to see who people think should be taking our penalties from now on.

Opinions?

Observer

I think the players have put themselves under pressure. Pick one player, stick to him...if he misses, he MUST take the next one (until monkey is removed from his back). Switching takers now means there are 5 players with monkeys on their backs!

MrCelery

Send Marvin on. He can do no worse.

WA%20Merchadise%20Pics%20807_1.jpg

Mumbles

I voted for Marvin too.
At least people might think they're trying to be funny if he misses.

MagpieMariner

Macca should be the one, we pay him to score goals. He's missed a few from general play too, but that doesn't stop him trying again. The same with the pens -- "so you've missed some, so keep trying."
I played hockey when I was a youngster, and we had one guy who took all our penalties, no matter if he missed some (and he did!) or not. We all practiced at training, but we all knew that if he was on the paddock during a match, he was going to take them. I recall one match where he missed 3 in a row, but he got the 4th. We won that match.

Bradman

I'll do it for the rest of this season, but maybe next year they should include this as a bonus into the season tickets.
When we are awarded a penalty, a season ticket holder's number is shown on the scoreboard and they get the chance to take it.

bikinigirl

maybe next year they should include this as a bonus into the season tickets.

. i've been throwing this idea around for a few weeks now ... i keep running into problems with not being a registered player. the 'lucky' member will need to be known beforehand ;)

. on a slightly more serious note ... my prediction for the grand final (if we 'choose to' make it):

.. we will be completely dominated for 120 minutes
.. the game will finish 2-2 after we have scored twice from the spot
.. we win the shoot-out 12-11 without us missing

Reactions: adz

yellowcake

. on a slightly more serious note ... my prediction for the grand final (if we 'choose to' make it):

.. we will be completely dominated for 120 minutes
.. the game will finish 2-2 after we have scored twice from the spot
.. we win the shoot-out 12-11 without us missing

I'm getting a similar premonition, without the specific scores:
We play Sydney FC for the seat (at SFS - even though it our home GF) who, as the lower placed semi-finalist, disposed of premiers WSW. We win :overheadl: in a PSO, much as I hate'em. And then evebody can stfu.

Re penalties, I've gone with the favourite, Patrick. Don't know why he's shied away (yeah, I know, the Final). Just think he's got the more wily experience and a decent hit. Muscat wasn't paid as a goal scorer except from the spot - lethal!

Otherwise... get everybody in the team to take 5. Everybody watching - pressure. Whoever wins is coached and supported to take them all from here on.

Phish Phart

Nominate the 2 most experienced players (i.e. PZ and DM) to be penalty takers.
Tell them it's brownie points towards a future contract. That will focus their minds and encourage them to put in some extra practice.
If both are on the field at penalty time coach signals who is 'it'; based on his assessment who is playing more effective/confidently at the time.

Forum Phoenix

The idea that you can have the leagues current golden boot and still be asking this question really highlights the lunacy of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred