• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who is our vice-vice-captain?

Wombat

Wiki claims he is a Pom of Welsh decent. Born in Stoke.

Also says he played for Oz in under 17.

Presumably came here as a kid and doesn't affect our foreign quota?

cbowden9000

Did anyone else notice that Wilko wasn't wearing his armband during the 2nd half against the Fury last night?

Start the conspiracies...

dibo

I think it was under his sleeve. At kickoff it was on his arm rather than the sleeve, it might have moved up an out of sight.

cbowden9000

Well, with Hutch leaving we now find ourselves in a situation where we'd need to appoint an official Vice Captain. At this point I think someone like Pedj or even Matty Simon would be our captain. I don't like the idea of players having the captaincy handed to them on their first year while other guys who have been with the team for ages get shoved aside. In the future I do think Griffiths would make a perfect captian.

Redshirt

On the criteria you're saying Chris, I think Pedj would be the best. How vocal is Olly in the team?

I like the idea of defenders being captain - they tend to see a lot more of the game and how it is unfolding, much like a cricket captain usually stands at slips to take everything in

cbowden9000

With Wilko still in China, it again raises this question with upcoming pre-season games.

Personally if Wilko and Hutch can't play, I think Dutchy should be captain with Olly as Vice-Captain. With Olly now captaining of the Ollyroos, I reckon he'll be wearing the armband for us in no-time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred