• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who do you want to keep?

bikinigirl

These are the players I would like to keep beyond this season

Birighitti - indispensable, resign at all costs.
Pearce
Munford

Gordon - must resign, fan favourite
Tongyik
Rowles
Miller

Stens
Kim (has 15 game ban in SK so doubt he'll want to return)
DDS (pay good money)
Nisbet
Shabow (thought he looked good last season, feel he's been unlucky not to have seen first-team football this season)

Jair (if he proves himself)
Harold
Murray
Roberts
Kuol
Ruiz-Diaz

Players I'm unsure about
Wee Mac (if he has something left in the tank)
SS (commitment issues)
Majok (unsure if he has the talent)
Melling (determination is there but I think that ship sailed)
Duric (same as SS)

. must resign?

. not the same thing as must re-sign ... they're kinda the opposite in this context

Josho Howe

These are the players I would like to keep beyond this season

Birighitti - indispensable, resign at all costs.
Pearce
Munford

Gordon - must resign, fan favourite
Tongyik
Rowles
Miller

Stens
Kim (has 15 game ban in SK so doubt he'll want to return)
DDS (pay good money)
Nisbet
Shabow (thought he looked good last season, feel he's been unlucky not to have seen first-team football this season)

Jair (if he proves himself)
Harold
Murray
Roberts
Kuol
Ruiz-Diaz

Players I'm unsure about
Wee Mac (if he has something left in the tank)
SS (commitment issues)
Majok (unsure if he has the talent)
Melling (determination is there but I think that ship sailed)
Duric (same as SS)

Boy oh boy, re-sign my friend, re-sign. Resign is the opposite effect.

Birraz yep absolutely, but afraid he might be gone
Munford has left the club and is now at Gold Coast Knights in QLD NPL
Pearce......eh, if Birraz leaves, we need to sign another first choice and keep him as a back up
Ziggy yes, happy for him to stick around
Tongyik is not a fan favourite after playing 1 game. Granted, he scored and was ok but still, he's not a must
Rowles l would agree
Miller signed an extension. He's already done
Stens has been fine, ok as a squaddie
Kim has been good in patches so he can stay
DDS nah, l think he's gone
Nisbet absolutely, should have a first team contract by now. It's overdue.
Shabow nah, he's not at the level required to be an A-League player
Jair - meh, not been good enough so far
Harold - yes yes and yes
Murray's got another year on his contract
Roberts eh, still a youth player at best
Kuol yeah, good enough to make the step up with another year under the belt
Ruiz-Diaz, not convinced

McGlinchey is gone
Silvera is locked in to a long deal so will only go if someone wants him
Majok, eh, squaddie at best
Melling's gone, got no game time and is on decent money (apparently)
Djuric - Dropped a bit the last couple of weeks but if he wants to stay, we should offer him an extension

Michael

Boy oh boy, re-sign my friend, re-sign. Resign is the opposite effect.

Birraz yep absolutely, but afraid he might be gone
Munford has left the club and is now at Gold Coast Knights in QLD NPL
Pearce......eh, if Birraz leaves, we need to sign another first choice and keep him as a back up
Ziggy yes, happy for him to stick around
Tongyik is not a fan favourite after playing 1 game. Granted, he scored and was ok but still, he's not a must
Rowles l would agree
Miller signed an extension. He's already done
Stens has been fine, ok as a squaddie
Kim has been good in patches so he can stay
DDS nah, l think he's gone
Nisbet absolutely, should have a first team contract by now. It's overdue.
Shabow nah, he's not at the level required to be an A-League player
Jair - meh, not been good enough so far
Harold - yes yes and yes
Murray's got another year on his contract
Roberts eh, still a youth player at best
Kuol yeah, good enough to make the step up with another year under the belt
Ruiz-Diaz, not convinced

McGlinchey is gone
Silvera is locked in to a long deal so will only go if someone wants him
Majok, eh, squaddie at best
Melling's gone, got no game time and is on decent money (apparently)
Djuric - Dropped a bit the last couple of weeks but if he wants to stay, we should offer him an extension

DDS is contracted for next season no?
He does probably want out despite actually showing glimpses of quality but has impressed me with how keen he’s looked through out. Has very very rarely gone hiding. I just wish he could f**king score some goals.

I’m at the point where Birra is absolutely paramount must be kept at all costs.
Ziggy yes, he had a shaky period but continually steps up.
Off the rest of the defenders coming off contract I say goodbye. Aside from Ruon, I’d give him a run of games to see if he shows something. But only as a squaddie at best.
After wanting to throw at least 2 years at Milan his fading during the last few games has me worried but he’s easily been our best so I’d be very happy to have him for another year.
Kim I’m not sure anymore. He’s not being used consistently in midfield so we’re not seeing all of his weapons although his quality is obvious. Perhaps him being used as a kind of half back (stepping into midfield and back into defence etc) is a sign his legs are gone.
Nizzy yes
Melling should already be gone
Wee Mac gone
Majok see ya
Simo, thanks for everything

I’d be using Harold as our main 9 for the rest of this season, he operates better with a partner though. And signing him for at least another 2. The technique in the way he struck the ball for his goal... we literally have not seen that from any of our strikers in at very least 2 years. And I have to be totally honest there’s local first graders capable of that technique. It’s not out of this world is what I’m saying. And to elaborate, if your day in day out job is pro football and your position so happens to be that of a striker. You should have that technique down pat.
Yes this is a dig at Muzz after his dismal time of being fed plenty of times this season but technique has let him down more than luck. And it’s so frustrating knowing he had that ability in NPL. It should’ve amplified training everyday.

pjennings

This is who we have for next year
--------------Pearce
Miller--Tongyik----Rowles----Clisby----
------Stensness-------????---------
Silvera-------De Silva----------????
----------------Murray----------------

Nisbet and Ruiz-Diaz for me fill those spots.

Now for the first XI - assuming 6 visa players next year.

----------------Birighitti--------------
New RB------Ziggy-----Visa LCB-------New LB
------------Visa #6----Visa #8------------
Harold-----------Visa #10-----------New LW
-----------------Visa Striker--------------------

Birighitti must be re-signed
Ziggy is on a 1 plus 1. If we recruit well I think he would be keen to stay.
Harold was unlucky with game time at Perth under Popa and I'd be happy to retain him

The visa #6 and visa #8 may be Kim and Milan - but cannot be lesser players
The visa #10 and visa striker are a must and need to be much higher quality than Asdrubal and Jair. .

Fox, Melling, McGlinchey, Jair, Oar out.
Simon to be retained in a club capacity - not as a player (except maybe as an injury replacement

Wombat

This is who we have for next year
--------------Pearce NO
Miller--YES Tongyik- MIN WAGE SQUAD---Rowles YES ----Clisby----NO
------Stensness MIN WAGE SQUAD-------????---------
Silvera MIN WAGE-------De Silva DEPENDING on Dollars if cheap keep if above $250K NO---------????
----------------Murray MIN WAGE----------------

Nisbet YES and Ruiz-Diaz YES for me fill those spots.

Now for the first XI - assuming 6 visa players next year.

----------------Birighitti YES-------------
New RB------Ziggy YES-----Visa LCB-------New LB
------------Visa #6----Visa #8------------
Harold YES-----------Visa #10-----------New LW
-----------------Visa Striker--------------------

Birighitti must be re-signed
Ziggy is on a 1 plus 1. If we recruit well I think he would be keen to stay.
Harold was unlucky with game time at Perth under Popa and I'd be happy to retain him

The visa #6 and visa #8 may be Kim and Milan - but cannot be lesser players
The visa #10 and visa striker are a must and need to be much higher quality than Asdrubal and Jair. .

Fox, Melling, McGlinchey, Jair, Oar out.
Simon to be retained in a club capacity - not as a player (except maybe as an injury replacement

Pirate Pete

Isn't Matty finished at the end of this year as is WeeJudas??
Yes.

I still think Matty might be here next season after how's he's played the last few weeks.
Obviously on a far cheaper deal, and he'll be coming off the bench for the last 15 minutes.

Pirate Pete

picard.gif
X how many you think is correct.

Last edited:

Ads

I would seriously like to see some off those contracted for next year be loaned or sold.

I think the loosing mentality is now set in and even those younger players with maybe the exception of Miller & Nisbit would benefit from having a spell away from us and give them team an even better chance to get fresh faces in that haven’t been part of the downfall.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Be honestly surprised if no other clubs are interested in Nizzy - and honestly, the way we've treated him, he should jump at the chance to leave

turbo

Be honestly surprised if no other clubs are interested in Nizzy - and honestly, the way we've treated him, he should jump at the chance to leave
Given some of the others we've signed to senior contracts even under Staj giving Nisbet a senior contract is a no brainer. At worst he's a capable squad midfielder so theres no real risk there. He's exactly the kind of player we need to be supplementing some more expensive core players with. The only thing I can see is maybe they think they can cheap out on him again but it's only a matter of time before that strategy burns us either with him or other young players seeing the pattern.

jacobsfl

Given we signed Silvera after a couple of FFA Cup games to a 3-year deal and he's being outperformed by Nisbet, the club should be embarrassed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami