• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whisky wankers ~( -_-)旦~

greenlig

Seeing as @Wombat and @Ancient Mariner wax lyrical about their favourite drops every few days, might be worth starting a thread to share good finds?

I've become very provincial with my tastes and get as much Tassie malt whisky into my system as possible. The obvious favourites like Sullivans Cove or Lark, but some of the smaller ones are really fantastic - Fannys Bay, Corra Linn, or one of my absolute favourites from Furneaux Distillery.

What are you drinking now? Got a go-to dram?

priorpeter

Seeing as @Wombat and @Ancient Mariner wax lyrical about their favourite drops every few days, might be worth starting a thread to share good finds?

I've become very provincial with my tastes and get as much Tassie malt whisky into my system as possible. The obvious favourites like Sullivans Cove or Lark, but some of the smaller ones are really fantastic - Fannys Bay, Corra Linn, or one of my absolute favourites from Furneaux Distillery.

What are you drinking now? Got a go-to dram?
The tassie scene is absolutely incredible - amazing how much it’s exploded over the last few years. One of my faves from down there was Belgrove Distillery - he does a hopped malt whiskey which was beautiful.

The usual go to is Balvenie 12. So, so smooth.

Wombat

I went to the bottle shop at Erina Heights and asked what Tassie Whisky they had and the answer was none so ended up with a simple bottle of Jamiesons but after our trip to Salamanca markets I am after some of the good tassie nectar.

Ancient tipped me into Glenfarclas...OMG. Someone reckoned Glenfiddich18 is better....its wasnt. But i tried Talisker 18...again OMG.

Keep the recommendations coming because I will try them all. Irish, Jock or Tassie....bring it on.

possum x

The whisky club is worth joining, they send you a bottle a month ( you can opt out if you don't fancy the " whisky of the month " and they've all been great so far. Dalmore, Hellyers Road, Glen Scotia, linkwood and Bladnoch to name a few. Normally around $150 including postage.

marinermick

I went to the bottle shop at Erina Heights and asked what Tassie Whisky they had and the answer was none so ended up with a simple bottle of Jamiesons but after our trip to Salamanca markets I am after some of the good tassie nectar.

Ancient tipped me into Glenfarclas...OMG. Someone reckoned Glenfiddich18 is better....its wasnt. But i tried Talisker 18...again OMG.

Keep the recommendations coming because I will try them all. Irish, Jock or Tassie....bring it on.

If you are starting out your whisky journey I suggest you look for anything Glenlivet. Outstanding quality for its price and very drinkable.

priorpeter

Speaking of the Glens, I’ve been enjoying a bottle of Glenfiddich Project XX number 2 - part of their “experimental” series. Well worth a try if you ever get the chance. Real Christmas pudding vibes to it.

true believer

Jamiesons is so underated. don't mind a glenlivet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami