• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Which actor should play Johnny Warren?

MrCelery

I've just finished watching the DVD 'Johnny Warren's Football Mission' a great historical record of Johnny, interlaced with the the emotion of the World Cup Qualifier in Sydney against Uruguay.

A great video that brought a smile and tear to the eye.

I couldn't help thinking that his life and times would make a brilliant movie.

The Vietnam War matches
JW's cruciate ligament battle
The witchdoctor curse against Rhodesia (and subsequent 'reverse the curse' by John Safran)
The '74 World Cup finals
His St Georges 4-2 NSW grand final victory over Sydney City Hakoah were he scored the winning goal
His three key female loves of his life + daughter
His Brazilian experience
His emotion at the outcome of the Iran match in Melbourne
His battle with cancer
His awarding of the FIFA Order of Merit,the highest honour awarded by FIFA
His full state funeral, the first ever to be held for a sportsman
The emotional tribute to JW at the Sydney Qualifier against Uruguay

But who would do justice to the part? Or the supporting cast for that matter? Eg.

Johnny Warren
Les Murray
John Watkiss
Ray Baartz
Rale Rasic
Lou Gautier
Frank Arok
John Economos
Joe Vlasich
Ray Richards
Adrian Alston - Got to be Alec Baldwin!

brett

Old football...the cast of underbelly? :p

Good thread Celery, I am bereft of ideas for now.

midfielder

MrCelery

Brilliant idea ... on a size basic Tom Cruise maybe a bit of trouble with the Aussie lingo ... Hugh Jackman be my pick tho...

MrCelery

Based on these great mug shots of the '74 squad, JW would have to be played by Javier Bardem, no?

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/197475_fks_world_cup/australia.htm

JW.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
J.W - Hugh Jackman
Rale Rasic - Jack Thompson
Les Murray - Paul Hogan
Frank Arok - Mick Malloy
Adrian Alston - Russell Crowe

brett

I'm a young guy who basically sees Hoges as Croc Dundee, the most Aussie person ever to exist.

Les would admit he's one of the least 'Aussie' Aussies going around.

It would be great to see Hoges putting the 'maaaaaayte' treatment on our pudgy Hungarian migrant friend.

clarence

dru said:
Mick Malloy would have to get a run in there somewhere

Possibly playing a young aspiring footballer and ball boy for KB United, who ends up doing radio commentary in his latter years, seeing in the Football Revolution? ;) ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred