• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Where to Stay in Gosford

PerthMariner

Hi Team, Long time lurker first time poster coming over for my first home game from Perth and am wondering where the best place to stay in Gosford is? Ta

Wombat

Tbe F1 is cheap but crap. The Galaxy is very nice and is attached to Gosford RSL which is a nice club.

The Best Western is not bad.

They have recently refurbed the big motel (possibly the gateway?) on the left hand side as you come into West Gosford.

Don't forget to visit East Gosford Thai Massage to get rid of those travel aches! Tell them Jim sent you and they will give you $10 off for the hour.

I'll get you the name of a couple of other motels later.

true believer

The Best Western is not bad , as mr wombat said .
you sound like a young bloke . turn up at bay 16 if your willing to fly
from wa, people will find you a swag

Last edited:

style_cafe

Welcome to the forum PerthMariner.
Anyone that travels from Perth to support the Mariners is going to be warmly welcomed in Bay 16.
The best place to stay is probably Crowne Plaza Terrigal,despite the recent tragedy there.
The bus stop to Gosford is across the road so it`s easy travelling to & from the game.

Wombat

Gosford Palms motor inn looked nice when I dropped in some flyers a few months ago.

Crowne plaza is great but not cheap. The Mantra at Ettalong Beach is very good but you would have to get a bus to the game.

Big Al

What game you going to see (start time & time of year will determine whether some places are worth it & how's the coin?

The Crowne Plaza is worth it depending how long you are around. If you got all day & next day to enjoy it but if it's a fly in watch the game get pissed at club just need a bed before I take off early then don't waste your time.

You are probably not aware of what people are on about in regards to the Plaza but a 19yr old boy fell/jumped from the 6th floor (I think) reportedly trying to jump in to the pool at his mothers 60th birthday celebrations & died after hitting the ground. Family trying to say he wasn't drunk but a daredevil (media ran with drunk)

dibo

What game you going to see (start time & time of year will determine whether some places are worth it & how's the coin?

The Crowne Plaza is worth it depending how long you are around. If you got all day & next day to enjoy it but if it's a fly in watch the game get pissed at club just need a bed before I take off early then don't waste your time.

You are probably not aware of what people are on about in regards to the Plaza but a 19yr old boy fell/jumped from the 6th floor (I think) reportedly trying to jump in to the pool at his mothers 60th birthday celebrations & died after hitting the ground. Family trying to say he wasn't drunk but a daredevil (media ran with drunk)
I think you misspelt "f**king idiot".

yellowcake

I think you misspelt "f**king idiot".
I'd suspect even if he'd made the pool, the outcome would have been the same :(

PerthMariner - I'd consider what Big Al said above if you're making a couple of days of it. If you're just here for the night , the game and being walking distance to the stadium (and station) is desirable, either the Galaxy, Gosford Palms or Best Western.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred