• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Where is all the atmosphere at home

morrijo

My family of 5 were season members for 4 years.
This year just my eldest son and I as it was too expensive this time arround.

My wife came along to watch the Nth Qld game
her first game this season

She asked where are all the supporters from behind the goals.

used to be great with the giant shirt and heaps of yellow

where have you all gone

Part_Timer

FISHING-ROD-AND-FISH.jpg

uncleyellow

A genuine question from a concerned supporter, with warranted fears...
All you guys come up with is stupid images relating to some private joke...

Pfft, check yourselves boys, figures and atmos is way, way down. The supporter group used to be a well run, noticeable entity. Now the only thing noticeable about it the fact that it has moved, shrunk, and gone real quiet... Is there any real leadership within the supporters club? similar questions are being asked of the team, maybe a question for the marinators too!

discuss....

A whole lot of people think its a bit embarrassing.

typool

I agree mate, I have recently moved to the supporters bay with my mates to boost our numbers as it looks like we have the least amount of active supporters group in the HAL
Do we have any plans to boost our numbers?

They guys at the bottom of the bay have been doing a great job with all chants ..Well Done

kevrenor

uncleyellow said:
A genuine question from a concerned supporter, with warranted fears...
All you guys come up with is stupid images relating to some private joke...

Pfft, check yourselves boys, figures and atmos is way, way down. The supporter group used to be a well run, noticeable entity. Now the only thing noticeable about it the fact that it has moved, shrunk, and gone real quiet... Is there any real leadership within the supporters club? similar questions are being asked of the team, maybe a question for the marinators too!

discuss....

A whole lot of people think its a bit embarrassing.

Leaving burley jokes aside, to give a serious answer as a knowledgeable non Active Supporters Bay person, but a Marinator and a member of the Marinators Club:

1.  Many of the yellow shirts the lady refers to as being in the 'Bay' behind the goals, are where she has been - ie. not at games
2.  Many people migrated for their own good reasons away from behind the goal into places where they felt better able to enjoy the game and support the team
3.  FFA requires a Bay designated as 'Active Supporters' - this was Bay 16 in Season 4 but was moved to Bay 23 for Season 5. (Note it doesn't mean active supporters are only in that bay - certainly Bays 6 & 7 near me seem pretty active to me and contain lots of Marinators)

I will leave discussion of what happens in Bay 23 to others (worth noting though that it is reserved seating and therefore costs more (quite different to bay 16 in HAL 1, 2, 3), so it is hard to move more people in during the season, unless security allow).

In regard to the Marinators Club (which is a formal support group for those who wish to support the team and not the same as all those who are in Bay 23) - 1. are you a member (therefore able to influence what that club does), and 2. if you are - why weren't you all at the last GM raising these matters?

Jesus

Jesus
I think the noise and display put on currently in the bay, though with fewer numbers, is very decent. Heard alot of comments from the other side of the stadium about the sideways movement, and previously about the increase in noise.

J

jiggles

Well, as I know some people have had their lives threatened if they return to the bay...Something tells me we're not doing all that great. Oh, and being told your shit support...yeah. I feel the love in the bay sometimes. But yeah, there's your answer.

FFC Mariner

poko said:
Well, as I know some people have had their lives threatened if they return to the bay...Something tells me we're not doing all that great. Oh, and being told your shit support...yeah. I feel the love in the bay sometimes. But yeah, there's your answer.

LOL @ facebook threats.

I think that the squadrunts have the worst active support at the moment based on yesterdays numbers and performance. closely followed by Brisbane who have been a joke since day 1

LFCMariners

+1. Considering how good the brown shit have been going the last 2 months, The Squadron is a joke. Brisbane are a perpetual mystery- they should have a hard-core support base up there with the BWB or The Cove for numbers.

neverwozza

Its not just the home games for mine. Some of my favourite Mariners moments have been the local derby away games and a lot of that has been to do with the Marinators sitting behind us in the away bay. There is nothing like copping a beer shower when your side scores. Maybe it was the result but the recent Sydney game left me just flat. I get the kids in the Coasties were trying really hard and A for effort but they are lacking something at the moment - it may just be numbers. Oh and someone chop that kids arms off that was waving the big flags right in front of goals 5 min to go when we were pressing (at SFS).

LFCMariners

TBF, The Cove were waving big flags around the same time as well. After the match, one of my mates (a Sydney fan, who was in The Cove) said "You guys were going mental all game." Considering the A-League's general attendances so far, and the shit that the Mariners have been dishing up for the past month or two on the pitch, I think our numbers are pretty good considering. Sure, looking back at pics of the supporters bay from the year the boys were Premiers you see the numbers and think "If only..." but it won't always be like this.

Again, take a look up the F3 and look at how pitiful those bogans are in supporting their team of late, even though (aside from an arse raping in Perth) their teams' form of late has been very good. When the Mariners re-find form and string wins together and a ticket to a Mariners game means you have a good chance at going home in a good mood, our support will become bigger and better. And those of us who've been showing up week after week, despite the crap dished out 90 minutes at a time, will appreciate every win more than the johnny-come-lately's will.

FFC Mariner

Isnt it interesting how many people come on here and complain that other people arent adding to the atmosphere.

Guess what f**k knuckle? You can create an atmosphere where ever you sit. Its down to you.

A clue. At football, the crowd is a vital and integral part of the game. Watch a game from overseas and guess what? The majority of the crowd are involved to some extent.

Want a better atmosphere? Create one where you sit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred