• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Where do you want CCM to be?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I want to see us capable of a big win - we've had way too many games where we've been all over the opposition, but we've stepped back, almost begging them to win despite being the underdogs.

If you don't have enough control over a match to dominate a team who's putting in a far inferior performance, then you sure as hell don't have enough control to win a grand final.

Kareem

Arabmariner said:
FFS FIX OUR DEFENCE!!!

Our well documented problems in this area can be traced as far back as the 5-4 Sydney game a year and a half ago.It hasn't been fixed.
tbf we finished that match with 8 men? (kwasnik got sent off last min :p) (we used all subs by time Heff was injured- so we went from 10-->9 for last 10 mins or so ???)

Wombat

dibo said:
Wombat said:
Lawrie probably gives them a cup of coco and says..."Tough luck son".

I'm sure that's exactly what happens. ::) It's *cocoa* too, for those playing at home.

We're clearly in the shitter at the moment and the coaching obviously can't be up to scratch because nothing's up to scratch. We're utterly dire. Today was no exception. We scored two goals from scrapping (Kwasnik working harder than anyone else, much as Matty was doing for much of last HAL season) but were simply not good enough to make that into three points.

Subbing off Kwasnik was a mystery. The "Heart and Soul of the Coast[sup]TM[/sup]" did some neat things in the first half but was anonymous in the second half while Kwasnik scored a double. Hutcho put his melonbutt on the line and played plenty of safe balls, but simply didn't create. Macallister seemed to be too far from goal but too far from the play as well. He was caught having to run away from goal towards the near corner flag a few times just because that was the only space he found. Never really looked likely to score.

Huke was the only one game to try things in the first half with his long range efforts, whether he was pulled off because he was injured or because having a crack from range wasn't part of the plan is for those in the dressing room to know I guess.

Last group match we should be opening up the screws and seeing what we can do. Players not part of the 2009/10 plans should not be playing. This is the first match of our new season preparations. Obviously the squad isn't in its new season shape as we've got some ballast to shed and some quality to pick up. But there should be at least the start of a transition. This last match is a job interview for everyone, or maybe more accurately a show cause. Every member of the squad and coaching staff need to show that they should still be a part of the club into the future, or they need to go.

TOP POST DIBO....oh and thanks for the spelling tip (must have been thinking of an old girlfriend).

Blair

Personally i think the gaffa has done a good job and before we send him to the gallos give him a little bit more time.

Were i want ccm to be?

At the top of the league and the only way to do that is to have a good team that plays well together. We need to get ride of some of our old players. Get ride of the stupid philosophy of home grown players are going to win us league's. Because it dont, look at the top clubs of the world it dont happen that way.

Another think with this academy i think that ccm will hit there straps when its up and running. I hope ::)

midfielder

I think unless something dramatic happens we are going to struggle next year.. I would rather build for the future something like the Roar did in Hal 3...

Questions also need to be asked about our coaching staff... more over but before judgement can be made some indication of how much say LM has in player recruitment and funds at his disposal.

As I have mentioned before I think LM has until the end of the first round to get it together otherwise he is gone ... however his PR with the local media and his community connections are all good stuff so maybe a sideways movement before the season kicks off would be good.

We need to get our defence in order and with Alex Tobin and his experience .. add Vinney's from Hal 2 & 3, you have to wonder we gift so many goals away ... big questions here.

For me I have come to accept we are not with the best anymore and need a complete rebuild .. I guess that is what I want to see and hopefully we make the finals..

kevrenor

midfielder said:
As I have mentioned before I think LM has until the end of the first round to get it together otherwise he is gone ...

Gee first round is a bit quick - one game!  If you mean the 1/3 of the rounds ie. 9 games ... that would be realistic, although I think the problem is larger than Lawrie.

The board needs to understand that long term goals will be put at risk if short term performance is not up to expectations.

I've followed teams that struggled all my life so not winning doesn't faze me but I'd like to think we are actually trying.  We in reality didn't in the ACL and wasted the opportunity.

FFC Mariner

I am happy to follow a side that doesnt win/isnt very good etc etc but what grinds my gears is that there is no excuse for poor tactics or work ethic.

People will support a team that busts its ass for 90 mins (step forward Kwas, Andre, Matty and Porter).

People will walk away from a bunch of prima donna's who think they are EPL superstars and dont give a toss.

Agree Kev, if we are struggling after 9 rounds, lawrie will go

midfielder

kevrenor said:
midfielder said:
As I have mentioned before I think LM has until the end of the first round to get it together otherwise he is gone ...

Gee first round is a bit quick - one game!  If you mean the 1/3 of the rounds ie. 9 games ... that would be realistic, although I think the problem is larger than Lawrie.

The board needs to understand that long term goals will be put at risk if short term performance is not up to expectations.

I've followed teams that struggled all my life so not winning doesn't faze me but I'd like to think we are actually trying.  We in reality didn't in the ACL and wasted the opportunity.

The first round I meant ... we play each other three times ... at the end of the first whatever its called 9 games..

Dibbo ... played for the Socceroos, had a tearful lost in 2003, lost us the grand final in Hal 3, his brother is a A-League coach, is an all round good guy, played fullback for the Mariners / Socceroos / and a funny little team in Scotland ... if still confussed I will give more clues.. :p

jaypee

midfielder said:
kevrenor said:
midfielder said:

The first round I meant ... we play each other three times ... at the end of the first whatever its called 9 games..

Dibbo ... played for the Socceroos, had a tearful lost in 2003, lost us the grand final in Hal 3, his brother is a A-League coach, is an all round good guy, played fullback for the Mariners / Socceroos / and a funny little team in Scotland ... if still confussed I will give more clues.. :p

That would be Viddy - as in Tony Vidmar.... Vinny would be Vince Grella??? Just a guess...

dibo

The 'N' key and the 'D' key are a fair way from one another, kinda puzzling...

dibo

jaypee said:
dibo said:
The 'N' key and the 'D' key are a fair way from one another, kinda puzzling...

But Phoenetically similar....

For those with a nasty cold, or a speech impediment perhaps. I wonder if he says 'one, two, free'?

scottmac

Suspended
kevrenor said:

You would have thought the benefits of doing well in the ACL would have far outweighed the cost of a few recruitments. Any of the names that were being talked about (in the media) before the ACL would have added if not great skill, great experience.

As for long term goals, it seems as though they think (SU guy McCabe??) the building of a profitable business is more important than the team being competitive. This shits me to tears cause i follow the mariners, not some f**kin yet to be built complex at tuggerah. It's all good and well having plans for the future in place but not at the sacrifice of the very people who will frequent the place when it gets built.

Besides, who would want to go to an academy run by a club that is renowned for mediocrity, a lack of skill and poor coaching?

Redline

Funny how not three months ago, people were shouting down those who DARED suggest that LM needed a kick up the backside, and the Laurie Out thread was ridiculed as the worst thread ever.

Get the broom, sweep out the ones who showed no effort, no heart, no drive, and no desire or passion in the biggest opportunity they have had as as team, sweep out the coaching staff who aren't improving our players, and pushing them a bit harder each week. And sweep out the manager who just says 'we're going to turn it around and try harder' after every defeat.

And yeah, no-one will want to come to an academy thats run by a team who has piss poor coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred