• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

When you see something funny on other teams forums!

Honkee

Granted, the police attention the cove received last weekend was a lot more than any other supporter group gets at BT, and that level of attention would be more needed at a match against the scum. Now to be honest, I like it when the Cove comes up for the Smurf games, as they do add a bit more atmosphere as opposed to when we play other teams (i.e Perth, Wellington)
But how can they cove kid themselves.
*Firstly, they seem to blame the Marinators for the amount of coppers that were there.
Just start a riot if you're being oppressed. We outnumber the Marinators by quite a long way when we go up there, we should keep it up.
*Secondly, these are the same idiots that started throwing bottles on the field when things didnt go their way. I saw their own players trying to tell them to chill only to be acknowledged with another barrage of bottles.
These twats cant carry on like that and then cry foul when they get extra attention from the cops.If thats the way they roll, I suggest they stay in sydney getting maincures and drink latte while the rest of us enjoy some great football.

Sean

I honestly think the attention they received is warranted as the last time they came here for the december derby fixture, all hell broke loose after they won and im sure alot of you on here can recall and go back to old threads to see the havoc which ensued after the game.

The amount of staff put on for this match (security and police) was ample as they need to stamp out this "im an away supporter, lets muck up" behaviour if they want families and crowds to actually attend these awesome derby fixtures. I dont care if the hools on this forum disagree as the cops are getting rid of any chance of having a serbian zagreb-esque derby, this is Australia and we have something unique to protect - a family friendly football league unlike the NSL.

Jaza_SFC

Perm said:
I honestly think the attention they received is warranted as the last time they came here for the december derby fixture, all hell broke loose after they won and im sure alot of you on here can recall and go back to old threads to see the havoc which ensued after the game.

The amount of staff put on for this match (security and police) was ample as they need to stamp out this "im an away supporter, lets muck up" behaviour if they want families and crowds to actually attend these awesome derby fixtures. I dont care if the hools on this forum disagree as the cops are getting rid of any chance of having a serbian zagreb-esque derby, this is Australia and we have something unique to protect - a family friendly football league unlike the NSL.

That's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Away supporters were assaulted by over-zealous police in the second half of the game, and rather than show a small strain of unity and say "this is wrong, we don't need this as fans", you try to play the blame game.

soundsdifferent

I think its got something to do with our last derby with newcastle and the fight after that game.
jeza are you a sydney supporter?

Bear

Jaza_SFC said:
Perm said:

Away supporters were assaulted by over-zealous police in the second half of the game, and rather than show a small strain of unity and say "this is wrong, we don't need this as fans", you try to play the blame game.

So the over zealous police had nothing to do with the "lets start a riot" chant and the throwing of objects onto the playing surface?

Please ::)

Go cry wolf somewhere else

fedelta

preferably go cry wolf in the other stuff section as this does not relate to central coast mariners generally
ty

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Jaza_SFC said:

Then you haven't read Harry Potter (Wailing Mandrakes?? They have no genetic advantage in evolving sound emission capablilites. Ridiculous).

The numbers of police are needed and helpful. Prevent any misbehavior. Their presence is welcomed by me.

Are their actions welcomed??
I don't know. I don't know what happened.

Anyone got the lodown on what happened??

Blair

Wtf did they expect when they started to jump the fence throwing  bottles the police were only on stand by and when they started playing up thats why the police went into over drive.

soundsdifferent

I dont think this has been bought up in a marinators forum but i think it speaks somewhat for the marinators two.

From melbourn victory supporters.
Letter sent to the FFA regarding HEM in July
30th August 2008, 07:08 pm
by Sebastian James
Following is a letter that was sent to the FFA just under 2 months ago. It was co-signed by representatives from the North End, the South End, OSS, SDC, Gold Member section, representatives of this forum, as well as two MPs that are sympathetic to our cause.

As yet, we have not received any reply from the FFA, who clearly have not deemed responding to the games stakeholders as an immediate priority. Massive kudos to CLM who got this process rolling and had a huge role in constructing this. Despite not receiving any sort of feedback yet, it was still a worthwhile process.

Dear FFA

We write on behalf of, and in support of, the active supporters of the terraces of Melbourne. As passionate supporters, we share with the FFA a commitment to growing the game of football in this country.

We wish to object to the imposition of allocated seating Home End Membership on all A-League clubs.

We believe it is unnecessary. We believe the process by which it was imposed was flawed. We suspect the analysis that underpins it is incorrect. We believe the system will stifle home end support for MVFC, and will dampen the atmosphere at Melbourne games.

Melbourne is clearly doing something right. Attendance at MVFC games is by far the highest in the League.

We are proud of the massive growth of support in Melbourne. We are proud of the growth of active support. We are proud of our rapid creation of distinctive support styles. We are proud of the creativity, passion and community we have built.

We believe active supporters bring something of great value to the game. Our contribution is atmosphere. It is our voices that raise the chants that fill the stadium. It is our flags that wave over the home end. We are more than customers.

If the FFA fails to foster the passion and creativity active support can generate, you do the game a great disservice.

It was a mistake to base the decision over Home End Memberships on the advice of consultants who did not consult us. Supporters and MVFC had only recently arrived at an agreement about how to manage access to the home end. This agreement had been negotiated between the stakeholders supporters, the club, the stadium. Your decision over-rode that agreement before it even had a chance to operate in season.

One-size-fits-all solutions are not always the best, and top-down decision-making is not a good way to win co-operation. A negotiated solution that has local support will be far more effective in the long run than a centrally imposed rule. Melbourne fans are angry that our local solutions have been discarded, and frustrated by the way that something that could be simple is made difficult.

However, if it is really essential to have only one rule for the whole league, clearly the reasons for the huge success of Melbourne should be taken into account in designing it.

In a practical sense, our chief objection to the system that has been imposed is the restrictions it places on access to the home end.

Prior to this, the home ends were both general admission. At the South End, where there has been no history of over-crowding, it was operating as straight general admission. At the North End, where there had been some over-crowding at times, a system had been devised to control access to the central bays, with special tickets distributed via the supporter groups.

As general admission areas, people were free to come and go from the active areas.

Our issues with restricted access are:
people do not want to be tied down to a particular seat they wish to move around within the bay, the home end and the stadium
active support is in an establishment phase, with many people still trying it out, or deciding which end they prefer it is too early in the life of our terraces to ask people to make a definitive decision about where they belong
general admission allows the size, density and character of the end to evolve
there is a possibility of tension between supporters over ownership of seats and whether people sit down allocated seating means it cannot be dealt with by just moving apart
as a new club, we have had several stages of evolution where groups of supporters have split, and there has been a need to move away from each other to pursue different aims

We also want you to try to understand the importance to us of freedom and independence.
The kind of passion we can bring is born out of creativity and spontaneity. Bureaucratic hurdles, illogical rules, disrespect - these things stifle our creativity and our enthusiasm.

When we create our own symbols of support songs we have written, flags we have made, imagery we have devised they carry with them a commitment and a passion that can never be replicated through a Samsung placard handed out at the turnstile. The relationships we build transform us from a crowd into a community, and deepen our commitment to the game.

We urge you to reconsider the home end membership system. We request an explanation of the reasons why this system was deemed necessary. We would like to know what the risks are that you believe need to be controlled.

Rowdy

soundsdifferent said:
i had to do this once i saw the coves topic of will you boycot the next ccm away game.

just post funny things from other teams forums.

http://sfcu.com.au/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=11626.0

Oh For Fcuk Sake!

"I had to do this!"  ??? just 'had to' did ya? ::)

You highlight something in SFC's forum about them contemplating boycotting the next game at BT and then somehow thought to yourself that....BAM! "When you see something funny on other teams forums!" that'll will make a logical and appropriate thread title for this little tidbit I found and fcuk it! I'll start it up.

WTF Dude? It's not funny, end of story!

But then you just had to go and increase your MUPPET-STATUS even further by instructing us all to "just post funny things from other teams forums." do it, do it hahaha  :tv:

Why the fcuk are 'we' tolerating such stupid shit on our forum? "Other Stuff" is where this crap should be deposited and the kid should be told to pull his head in, learn the ropes or face the feedback, simple. Who the hell has time to waste trolling through this garbage?

soundsdifferent

Rowdy said:
soundsdifferent said:
i had to do this once i saw the coves topic of will you boycot the next ccm away game.

just post funny things from other teams forums.

http://sfcu.com.au/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=11626.0

Oh For Fcuk Sake!

"I had to do this!"   ??? just 'had to' did ya? ::)

You highlight something in SFC's forum about them contemplating boycotting the next game at BT and then somehow thought to yourself that....BAM! "When you see something funny on other teams forums!" that'll will make a logical and appropriate thread title for this little tidbit I found and fcuk it! I'll start it up.

WTF Dude? It's not funny, end of story!

But then you just had to go and increase your MUPPET-STATUS even further by instructing us all to "just post funny things from other teams forums." do it, do it hahaha  :tv:

Why the fcuk are 'we' tolerating such stupid shit on our forum? "Other Stuff" is where this crap should be deposited and the kid should be told to pull his head in, learn the ropes or face the feedback, simple. Who the hell has time to waste trolling through this garbage?

you got serious problems if something like this angers you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred