• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What's happening with Petrovski?

fish

I dont know wether to be relieved or say wtf. IMO they both struck Shields hand and I was worried wed lose Sash for a bit, just goes to show the muppets at the FFA have no clue, although the criticism they have copped since Dannys dreadful decision may have made them actually look at it closer

Mariner Girl

Very relieved but only strengthens my quote on Danny's topic - The FFA wouldn't know sh*t from clay  :fireup:

They would have to be the laughing stock amongst the clubs right now  :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Ted

Ahh good stuff. But, it makes Danny's result seem even more excessive by comparison....

promdi442

MarinaTed said:
Ahh good stuff. But, it makes Danny's result seem even more excessive by comparison....

Agreed. Just watched the "attack" again on Prime and their is minimal difference between the violence of Danny's attack and Sasho's on Shields.

So what was FFA looking at.

Now that Sasho has been cleared does that leave the way open to use his verdict when they appeal the severity of Danny's.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm also curious as to the justification.

IMO, Sasho should've been sent as well.

Perhaps the FFA did take into consideration the precedents they've set in adjudicating on this case?

Are we 100% certain it was the hand tap he was cited for? 

marconigirl

promdi442 said:
MarinaTed said:

Agreed. Just watched the "attack" again on Prime and their is minimal difference between the violence of Danny's attack and Sasho's on Shields.

So what was FFA looking at.

Now that Sasho has been cleared does that leave the way open to use his verdict when they appeal the severity of Danny's.

I think the difference is that Danny was wearing gloves, therefore it would have been different texture, shape/size etc. Shields would have noticed it more so then just a bare hand..

Omni

But they haven't learnt, the thing they've been slammed the most for is inconsistancy, and this is just another inconsistant decision, do they just toss a coin to make these decisions?

Tez

Omni said:
But they haven't learnt, the thing they've been slammed the most for is inconsistancy, and this is just another inconsistant decision, do they just toss a coin to make these decisions?

it wouldnt suprise me. at least sasho is in the clear - thank heavens for that!

bikinigirl

. maybe they only read as far down his cv as 'sydney fc golden boot winner' before announcing case dismissed (... do we have a tin foil hat smiley?)

. i still think the only reason shield gave danny a red was because he was keeper. shield does a double take and when he realises it was danny chases him with a red - it seems like he is thinking 'hang on a minute what is their keeper doing all the way down here? did he run all the way up for a high five?' its not inconceivable that shield didn't realise he had been up there for the corner

. no excuse for either though i'm afraid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred