• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What to Do with the A-League

midfielder

Just listening to the radio ... they said a big meeting was taking place and is expected to end some time tonight about the future direction of the A-League... things on the table..

* Rovers and a WS Team
* Fury & Gold Coast
* season start time
* Mid week games..

I understand a lot has been discussed but has anyone heard of this big meeting today.

Forum Phoenix

My two cents...

While a WC would have been beyond compare, the only good thing about a failed WC bid is that everyones eye is back FIRMLY on the local league. Interested to see what comes out, couple this with Kimon attempted and much needed FNSW coup and I think it's actually quite an exciting time. Seems to be something in the air to me. Much as our Socceroos should be roused when it comes to the Asian cup, I get the feeling everybody is feeling more fired up to grow Australian football than ever so before.

I hope they keep Fury.

GCU need to submit a long tern strategic approach to build a fan base - or face being removed from the league.
The open day home game against us is a step in the right direction. What a pit they had do all the damage first and learn their lesson the hard way.

Season shouldn't start during League and AFL finals. This period should be when the latter rounds of the more grass roots FFA cup is taking place. Pre season cup actually worked well to help gather a little momentum I thought back in its day.

Mid week games... Ok... but we have to be prepared for low crowds and to stop whinging. But schedules need to be much improved upon - just too many gaps between seeing your team to build momentum and consistent support. And a 12th team need to be brought in to get rid of the bloody bye.

I think WS has been unfortunate to date, but is still desirable.
Then for future expansion... Canberra, Tassie, the Gong and Christchurch.

Division two, with relegation, needs to already be tabled with a drive to canvas clubs and set a solid committed date for the future. This combined with the FFA cup should have a key thrust of being to help bring old socca back into the fold. We need unity if we are going to be truly strong. And I think this is where some major effort, spending and campaigning should truly go. 43 million spent on unifying Australian football and doubling our crowds would be money very well spent in my opinion. And no amount of oil money could ever render that useless.

Obviously need to increase HAL promotions.

New stadium deals or moves for some clubs need to be made.

Oh, and I want cheerleaders again please.

Thx
<_<

Forum Phoenix

Yep. Had to be done. Hopefully its because another consortium was interested - but did not want to get into bed with the already tarnished Rovers brand.

Hope we pull of something decent and save Fury - lot of press slamming the FFA and expansion failures.

Jerem

hold on, they havent event got one league cup right yet!
lets get one going well then consider bringing in a "FFA cup"
just seems logical to me other wise we may as well build the
whole idea of football in this country on sand not stone!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred