• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What players will Arnie target ?

VicMariner

The J-League has rules on foreign players similar to the AL, three plus one from an AFC country so don't worry about wholesale poaching.
Sendai have only one spot available ATM and that is for an AFC player so maybe one. What contracts end this season I don't know.
I would think the club would expect the foreign slots to be filled by players who add more to the team than what is available in Japan.
Don't forget Arnie will have probably 10 times the budget to play with. If he looks outside Japan he will rub his hands together and cast his net far and wide .
I think our players are probably safe.

I hope he goes for Josh Kennedy at Nagoya Grampus. Two time JL golden boot winner.

sydmariner

The J-League has rules on foreign players similar to the AL, three plus one from an AFC country so don't worry about wholesale poaching.
Sendai have only one spot available ATM and that is for an AFC player so maybe one. What contracts end this season I don't know.
I would think the club would expect the foreign slots to be filled by players who add more to the team than what is available in Japan.
Don't forget Arnie will have probably 10 times the budget to play with. If he looks outside Japan he will rub his hands together and cast his net far and wide .
I think our players are probably safe.

I hope he goes for Josh Kennedy at Nagoya Grampus. Two time JL golden boot winner.
Me 2 & maby someone like shinji kagawa (ggmu)

Gratis

with the budget he'll have I'm sure he'll be looking the world over with a glint in his eye, mariners players are unlikely you'd think though maybe one or two over the time

Ted

I can only see one or two being up to JL standard at present. With the funds available Arnie will be looking at players on 4 times the coin most of our boys are on and of an international standard. McGlinchey is a no brainer and I have a feeling Anderson might get the nod before Tesco does.

dibo

I can only see one or two being up to JL standard at present. With the funds available Arnie will be looking at players on 4 times the coin most of our boys are on and of an international standard. McGlinchey is a no brainer and I have a feeling Anderson might get the nod before Tesco does.
Agree on McGlinchey - he's up to it. Anderson needs work, and I'm firmly of the view that Sainsbury is ahead of him. The timing of his tackles, the use of the ball; he's a very, very tidy player. Anderson will improve with more time in the first team, but he's a way behind Sainsbury at the moment.

Wombat

Agree totally Dibo.
Weemac and Flores are our only J league standard players.
Tesco is head and shoulders above Anderson. Pair Tesco with a quality centre back and he could also play jleague.
Ando is not even in the top 15 centre backs in Australia at this stage

true believer

I've been hearing how ours guys aren't good enough for 35 years . I say f**k that mentality.
you guys keep naval gazing .i'll believe where there's a will there's a way.
arnie taught me that.
w ho's good enough for the j-league ? who care's.

sydmariner

Mcbreen ?

Wombat

I've been hearing how ours guys aren't good enough for 35 years . I say f**k that mentality.
you guys keep naval gazing .i'll believe where there's a will there's a way.
arnie taught me that.
w ho's good enough for the j-league ? who care's.

Wtf
We have been around for 9 seasons not 35!!

It's not naval gazing....it's trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse. Lawrie tried it with quite a few of our players...it's impossible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred