• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What is your starting 11?

Wombat

Well, we haven't seen too much Footy to fully ascertain our best side, but I would like to see us go back to 442

Reddy
Roux Ascroft McGing Rose
Ferreira Monty Caceras Austin
Heffernan O'Donovan

Subs Izzo, Neill, Bosnar, Kalik, Fitzy

Your thoughts peeps?

shipwreck

Yeh I liked Pos, keen to see what he can do after a professional pre season. Have we signed Heffernan yet or are people just including him because he scored against WSW ?

Luca Brasi

Reddy
Roux Posco Ascroft Neill
Ferreira Monty Caceras J.Rose
O'Donovan Fitzy

Bosnar Kalik L.Rose Austin

Mobile but inexperienced back 4
We seriously need another striker/s, McAleny was a rumour on 442

MagpieMariner

Are you putting Austin on the bench because of lack of fitness? He looked pretty good (and quick) when he came on the other night. And tall too, something we don't have much of these days.

Luca Brasi

Agree, Austin was very quick but that was the first I have seen of him, not sure about his technique yet.
I liked seeing Josh Rose given more of an attacking role on the left.
Ascroft committed too early a couple of times but I think that was due to the amount of space in the midfield, hoping he can develop a partnership in the middle with Posco/Bosnar.
Hope we get the expected development from Kalik and Liam Rose, and possibly McGing?
CCM website has 20 players listed, I guess we can expect another 2 or 3?
The team page has a really good player stat and comparison feature.

Atomic

Even though I seem to be in the vast minority in thinking that out FFA cup hit out was dire, I would still persist with that back four... with one exception... Pos for McGing:

Niell, Ascroft, Pos, Roux

They showed very little composure under pressure the other night and their play, as a unit, was found wanting (in my opinion). However, massive, massive potential... and the prospect of some very exciting play from out the back in the future. The questions are... how long will we have to wait... and can we afford to wait that long?

I'd have Rosey and Fab on the wings... of all the performances, I was most impressed with Rosey. He was class... running at the defence with speed and deft passing. Fab, I wasn't so impressed with (by his standards). When you look pass the step-overs, there wasn't much to get too excited about imo. He seemed to be half a yard slower than where he should be, but that could be because of a tough pre season conditioning program.

Monty... a beast.

Cas... I didn't find him to be that impressive the other night. The defence seemed to have worked him out early. He could run at the defence alright, but wasn't penetrating and I don't recall seeing him opening it up with any smart through balls.

Roy... who? We have to persist with him, but he needs to show a hell of a lot more than he did the other night.
Fitz... oh dear. Not the answer. Perhaps Heffernan (if we sign him), but I say that based of 3 goals in one match, but they looked to be professionally taken. In lieu of Heff (and any Evertonian import) I'd rather see Kalik over Fitzy.

So I guess my lineup is:

Reddy
Roux, Pos, Ascroft, Niell
Monty
Fab, Cas, Kalik, Rose
O'Donavan

Izzo, Austin, Sim (for his versatility), Fitzy.

Austin will be a starter sooner rather than later, so I suppose Rose will go back to LB and Neill to the bench in place of Sim.

Yoda

Looks like Tony Walmsley is set on a 4-3-3, with that I think the line-up will be......

---------------Reddy----------------
Roux---Ascroft---Bosnar---Neil--
--------------Monty----------------
-------Fitzy----------Caceres------
Ferraira----O'Donovan----JRose

Bench: Izzo, Posc, Kalik/Austin, LRose
Would love to see another striker on the bench, but who do we have??

Rowdy

He'll be bench-warming for a while until either Reddy has a shocker/form deteriorates over time OR Izzy pulls out some top-shelf performance's for the Olyroo's coming up shortly.

pjennings

Dibo from the squad thread

I'd be really surprised if we played anything other than a close cousin of the 4-3-3 (so that can be anything from 4-5-1 to 4-2-3-1 to 4-1-4-1 to a strict 4-3-3).
There'll be a back four, two wingers and a centre forward, and we'll see how the rest of it shapes up.

My derivative is a 4-1-3-2 or more correctly 4-1-3-1-1. I'm assuming McAleny (probably heroic) and Hefferan and a new CB. I'm also assuming Adelson and Berry are signed as NYL (no longer listed as triallists) with the main squad outside the cap and squad limit. Positions are first choice/second choice. It is an attacking line up and relies on the wingers to be hard working. Fabio probably is a bit light in tracking back so Posco is chosen in front of Storm because of his better defensive capabilities.

-------------------------------Reddy/Izzo-------------
Poscoliero/Roux---Ascroft/McGing----New CB/Bosnar----Rose/Neill
--------------------------Montgomery/Rose-----------------------
Ferriera/Adelson------------Caceres/Trifiro-----Austin/Fitgerald
---------------------------------McAleny/Kalik------------------
--------------O'Donovon/Heffernan---------------------------------

Rest of squad - Berry, Sim, Bingham and hopefully Buhagiar

If McAleny falls through then Heffernan/Bingham as target men and O'Donovan as second striker. If no new CB then Poscoliero to CB, Adelson and Storm to fight over RB, Fitzy as second choice behind Fabio on the right and Sim behind Austin on the left

Leigh

Would love to see another striker on the bench, but who do we have??

Dan Heffernan should sign, and we're still supposed to get a forward from Everton.

I don't think Bosnar should make the squad, he's far too slow these days- not just on his feet, but at forward momentum; though he had better distribution than Anderson, thankfully we got rid of Anderson too.

elevated position

When Heffernan scored on Wednesday night the commentator says he has just signed a 1 year contract with us, the lack of declaration of this might be that he is still contracted to Heidleberg until they are finished in the FFA cup(?)

Rowdy

When Heffernan scored on Wednesday night the commentator says he has just signed a 1 year contract with us, the lack of declaration of this might be that he is still contracted to Heidleberg until they are finished in the FFA cup(?)

I'm afraid your mistaken, they DIDN'T say he'd signed with the Mariners.

They did say, (verbatim);

"He scored a 5 min hat-trick in that game & that was against the Western Sydney Wanderers no less ......A-League clubs are starting to take his name"

"Not only Central Coast, your right, you'd think the way that he's banging the goals in, we know that there's not a lot of goal scorer's around & he's certainly one, & other A-League Managers will
certainly be having a look at Dan Heffernan."

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/ffa-cup/ffacupondemand

I wished they did say he signed ;)

Atomic

Can anyone recall what our starting line up was this time last year? I'd be interested to compare it with our current line up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred