• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What about Lazaridis?

deano

Hi Guys,
    I Know that we dont want to seem like the club that gets the rejects and war horses of other a-league clubs. But looking at Lazaridis in his last game after his ban was lifted, it seemed like there was a renewed spark that we could really use at CCM. With Vidmar retired i think that we need an (and i know we still have clarky, for the moment) older player that has been around the block a few times to give our current squad a sense of experience and leadership (even if he is'nt captain). Another point is that i don't honestly think he is going to cost the earth and with all the younger players rising through our ranks, we need someone to keep them in line and focused on the park.

nero

If we could get him on a good deal, then maybe he would be a short term option. However the club should be looking long term and bring in some fresh young players. It would be hard to give him more than a single season contract though.

I beat the jets are trying desperately to get a player of his experience in their empty player roster.

Paolo

Jesus said:
I dont think there is room for him in our midfield at all
i wouldnt take him, but we dont have an abundance of left sided players. Heff is a left back and elrich can play left side of midfield. The rest i dont think are really suited out there

skilbeck

keensy said:
Jesus said:
i wouldnt take him, but we dont have an abundance of left sided players. Heff is a left back and elrich can play left side of midfield. The rest i dont think are really suited out there

Hutch, Caceres and Kwasnik all have played on the left side. It is Caceres' normal position for melbourne

mariners4ever

IMHO laza is in the same category as yorke, where we dont really need him, too much money that is wanted by the player, BUT the off-field presence and his experience could both be very useful

Bear

I think he would be great to get as injury cover, but I dont think the rules allow that anymore. I hope he gets picked up by a WA state league team at least. Great player in the past and still has something to offer to someone im sure

Paolo

skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

Hutch, Caceres and Kwasnik all have played on the left side. It is Caceres' normal position for melbourne
yes, they played on left but i said not suited as i dont think its hutchs and kwasniks natural  or best positions.

Jesus

Jesus
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

yes, they played on left but i said not suited as i dont think its hutchs and kwasniks natural  or best positions.

Where does kwassaldinho play better? Or score more goals?

Bear

Jesus said:
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

Right

deano

Maybe player/coach? i think if he is given 2 or 3 more years playing time he wont just fade out of the game but go out swinging.

skilbeck

Bearinator said:
Jesus said:
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

Right

He can cut inside really well on the left and have good shots at goal. I remember that goal against the scum in the semi-final. I reckon he plays on both sides well and whatever the case we should be switching wingers when Kwasnik, Caceres and Elrich are on the field because it will add a new dimension to our game and will confuse defenses

Paolo

Jesus said:
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

plays better on the right, scores more goals at striker(although they were penalties)

RADINHO

keensy said:
Jesus said:
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
keensy said:
Jesus said:

plays better on the right, scores more goals at striker(although they were penalties)

We need a bloody Right Back for Clarky

T

Osman had just about made RB his own before his injury, and worked really well with the midfield, pushing forward and supporting, then getting back to defend. Provided he gets back to match fitness he should do well back in that position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred