• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Well done Mariners

David Votoupal

OK, OK... the (home and away) season isn't over yet, 2nd place isn't technically guaranteed but is very close to it but still...

It takes big guts to admit when you're wrong about something. And I think there's a lot of people in the football community, myself included, who were proven wrong about Graham Arnold. And proven wrong in the most convincing manner imaginable. His appointment was greeted with a good deal of scepticism, both among the Mariners support and many others in the football world. There are those of us who had been burned, for instance, by his poor results with the Socceroos. But that's a story for another day. And to prejudge somebody can be foolish in the extreme.

Of course, I won't need to add that Lawrie McKinna is a gentleman and a magnificent ambassador for the club and game, and that he remains involved is heartening to see. Even though it's fair to say that a major change at CCM was needed based on results over the previous two seasons.

It's not hard in this league to get yourselves up again after a poor season. Which BR, CCM and AU have all done. But the way it's been done, well...

Those who know me will know I've always been unapologetic about both style of play and wanting to raise standards. I don't believe in accepting mediocrity, or even tolerating it. This season we have seen a significant lifting of playing and coaching standards in the A-League that NEED to be built upon and maintained. And I believe that Central Coast Mariners should feel proud of the part the club is playing in this football revolution.

There's been very little to fault in this season's Mariners. The defence, for most part, has been solid with the experience of Zwaanswijk a great addition to the team and the league. The midfield has been a treat with players like Perez, Amini, McGlinchey and Bozanic, ably anchored by Rostyn Griffiths. Maybe, just maybe, there's a need for extra class up front, but I guess you can't have everything! Still, the fact that players who would have been walk-ins previously have to fight for their spot is refreshing.

Progress this season has been more than impressive. It's been a treat to watch for most part. And you would want to see this progress maintained in the coming years.

midfielder

David

The transformation of the side has been massive ... just a little tho .... most of the current squad outside Perez and Dutchie were signed by LM.... the transformation had been going on already...

GA has done a great job no doubt ... but be of no doubt the club was and the league is heading in this direction... GA has accelerated the process at the Mariners ... things will only get better....

David and Popa is heading to England to be an assistant coach (see Australian board) another sign of our improving standards...

Forum Phoenix

Welcome back David.

Hey, who knew GA would go all out South American on your ass!! :piralaugh:

While I was positive about his appointment, he has still exceeded my expectations with the beautiful way we are playing and also the way he has some of other older players lifting to new heights.

nero

I truely feel proud to be a supporter of our team atm. The last 2 season since Jedi has left have been hard to deal with as an active supporter. Lots of sledging from other clubs fans and a horrible stigma attached to the teams tactics. Arnie has come in and changed all that!

Even though Lawrie brought most of the player in, I still believe we would be in the bottom half if he was still in charge. Arnie has fired up the defence with Dutchy hence making wilko a quality defender again, glinch has stepped up and up front simon and Kwas have both moved up a gear.

So hope we qualify for the 2nd spot so I can fly to Brisbane for the away 2nd leg and watch our team bring the GF home to Gosford, then win the toliet seat two weeks later behind the goals at Bluey.

David Votoupal

The whole local v foreign coach debate, is it really worth bringing it up, ever? Those who advocated quality overseas coaches in this league reasoned that it would drive standards up by encouraging local coaches to develop coaching muscle, or rather coaching nous. You could say that's exactly what is being attained at this moment, given Postecoglou and Arnold have performed magnificently. Lavicka at Sydney has struggled this season, but I suspect they are looking to next season.

Oh, and last season GCU were criticising the Mariners for over-physical play, whereas this season they've criticised Melbourne Victory (albeit quite validly, within the context of wider anti-MV sentiment). But that's very very rich coming from a team that has Shane Smeltz and Steve Pandelidis, hardly delicate fancy dan players eH?

I've got a blog. Some people here may have already read it. And by all means support it, because I need all the support I can get for it!

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Totally agree, David. And welcome back too.

My footballing heart was just about broken after two pretty miserable seasons, .... both on the field and management of the team. I wasn't happy when Arnie took over the reins, and his appointment seemed to me like heaping more cr*p on cr*p. However, as said in midfielder's post, the transformation has been massive. Arnie has had the opportunity to re-discover and invigorate himself as a top level coach, and the players have responded brilliantly, with style and flair. I just hope all this continues ...

David, where is your blog?

midfielder

Who let the kids out ... boy did they play well .... david you must be happy to see the future players last night...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred