• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Well Done Jets

midfielder

The new ownership at the Jets ... well what can you say ... under Con they were a ramble ... have a look at this...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1036473/Jets-become-the-people's-club-

Jets become the people's club

16 December 2010-SBS

The Newcastle Jets revolution took another major step when the club announced it had delivered on its promise to give control to the people.

The club has hosted the inaugural meeting of the Jets Football Advisory Board in which it formally handed over control of the club to the community and the football family of Newcastle, the Hunter and Northern NSW.

The meeting at Wickham effectively handed over the club’s on and off field direction to the advisory board.

Chaired by former Socceroo and football legend Ray Baartz, the board becomes the custodian of the Jets’ efforts to achieve excellence in the A-League, National Youth League, W-League and creating elite pathways for young players.

Baartz said the assembly of some of the region’s sharpest football minds meant the club was well placed to achieve its goals.

“Our job is to make sure the Jets continue to be a club we can all be proud of on and off the field,” Baartz said.

“A big focus will be put on ensuring young boys and girls have opportunities to go on to play elite football for the Jets and W-League Jets teams.

“Northern NSW Football are already doing a great job in this area and we’re able to provide assistance there in ways that might not have been available in the past.

“Equally important to us is ensuring Jets home games stay affordable for families so that they can attend regularly.”

Jets executive chairman Ken Edwards, who will sit on the board as the owner’s representative, said the formation of the football advisory board was a key vision of Jets owner Nathan Tinkler.

“Right from the start our charter has been to ensure the Jets are owned by the community and run for the community,” Edwards said.

“The football advisory board is crucial to this vision.

“We have assembled a terrific group of people who are dedicated to working towards not only success at an elite level but creating opportunities and pathways at a grassroots level.”

The board comprised Baartz, Edwards, Joe Senkalski, Jeffrey Green, Cheryl Salisbury, Neil Jameson and Keith Harris.

Senkalski, a former Socceroo, and Harris played in the region’s KB United National Soccer League side of the early 1980s, with Harris being involved in junior development and coaching for most of his career.

Jameson, a Newcastle Herald journalist, was crucial in the formation of the KB United club and mentored one of Australian football’s greats in Craig Johnston.

Salisbury is Australia’s greatest female player and the most capped Australian player of all time with 151 appearances for the Matildas.

Green, the president of Northern NSW Football, is the board’s permanent go-to link with the Jets’ grassroots football community.

kevrenor

Picked this one rather that "Scum in turmoil" thread, but I am interested to know what people think about Nathan Tinkler also 'buying' the Newcastle Knights thugby club, as well as the Scum?

I posted on the Australian Football facebook site yesterday that it may not end well for football, and that people should look to history eg. Parramatta Power, Carlton SC, Collingwood SC. I got this response:

"Jesus Christ you're narrow- minded Chris. First of all, your assumption that Tinkler is ignoring the past is entirely baseless. Not to mention ridiculous. Secondly, your view that codes are competing is the exact reason football will never grow in this country. Viewing them as competitors is incredibly elitist and xenophobic. A cooperative & harmonious relationship between codes such as Tinkler is trying to establish in Newcastle is exactly what football in Australia needs"

Aint that a classic?

scottmac

Suspended
I think that response is spot on the money. The Jets need not compete with the Knights as the success of one does not spell the doom of the other.

The fact that Tinkler owns both can only bode well for the Jets. Decisions made which effect both clubs will be made in the best interest of both clubs. Not one against the other. For the Jets to succeed and prosper they need a working relationship with the Jets. Tinkler provides the bridge between the two.

Tinkler has only thrown money at the Jets, he has not dissapointed on promises made when buying the club and should not be doubted until proof exists of his favouritisim of the Knights to the Jets detriment. People will need to realise that there will be times when the Knights get preferential treatment but only because they command the attention of a larger proportion of the population in that area (for now anyway).

From the form shown by Tinkler thus far I can not see him wasting his dollars by letting the Jets go to ruin.

kevrenor

Ah, but the difference Scottmac is that you made a cogent argument as to why I was wrong not a pejorative filled rant.

I merely pointed out the historical pitfalls.

I still think it could end in tears for football - but then I hate the Scum and Thugby so I'm hopelessly conflicted!
:rolleyes:

style_cafe

It`s interesting that Tinkler buys a football Club basically owned by one person & hands it over to a Community based committee,then buys a League Club owned buy the Community & runs it himself.

I think I need more details...

kevrenor

ROFL

181660_10150091574729093_363847789092_6218604_3479295_n.jpg

HAL7: Adopted Newcastle Breakers colours (perhaps their investors will get a cut?), and Notts County away, lol
:popcorn:

typool

They hate the idea of NO Gold.. they (squadron/Jets Supporters) have sent emails to all forum users to send in complaints to Jets FFA and Newcastle Jets administrators LOLZ

scottmac

Suspended
ROFL

181660_10150091574729093_363847789092_6218604_3479295_n.jpg

HAL7: Adopted Newcastle Breakers colours (perhaps their investors will get a cut?), and Notts County away, lol
:popcorn:

Its actually a policy of the Tinkler group that all teams playing under his rule adopt the same colour scheme. therefore the Jets are taking on the Knights colours.

The black and white is to include the traditional colours of northern NSW football.

FFA should reject this as there are now too many verticle stripe kits. Hoops would have been a much better option and much more rugby like. Hahahahahaha!

adz

Staff member
Its actually a policy of the Tinkler group that all teams playing under his rule adopt the same colour scheme. therefore the Jets are taking on the Knights colours.

The black and white is to include the traditional colours of northern NSW football.

FFA should reject this as there are now too many verticle stripe kits. Hoops would have been a much better option and much more rugby like. Hahahahahaha!

Maybe Tinker could even save a bit of coin and just use the Knights kits? The teams could share them... just need to make sure they aren't playing at the same time in different states I guess.

serious14

Just go the whole hog and stock up on those non-branded Barcelona and Juventus kits they have at the markets.....

What an absolute farce.

LFCMariners

I thought teams in the A-League were meant to have away strips with the same colours as their home ones? This is basically a Barcelona/ Juve rip-off. I agree that red and blue are much better, more marketable colours than that shit gold they have had, but they should have gone with something like Blackburns' half-half strip and made it more individual.

On another note, hating a team in red and blue is a lot more difficult than hating one who look like shit. :(

dibo

I don't think there's much wrong with the kits other than it took them 6 years too long.

marinersman

Maybe Tinker could even save a bit of coin and just use the Knights kits? The teams could share them... just need to make sure they aren't playing at the same time in different states I guess.

Just need to make sure they're properly washed after the egg ballers wear them so there's no cocaine residue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred