• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Well Done Fossie - Article on NSW Football

midfielder

Anyone who has read my comments on both forums would be aware I have been pissed off with SBS ....... well to date in HAL 4 and with Francis on board they have tonned down and been more supportive of the A-League and the phoney war seems to be going.

But every now and then someone writes something that is good nay excellent ....... this is such a article and it about park football,  grassroots as Fossie calls them ...... IMO this is an excellent article by Fosssie.

Its quite long so I will just posted the start of article .... so much more on the link

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/craigfoster/greed-poisons-the-game-138801/

Five years after the Crawford report, football has made wonderful strides forward, yet the next area of the game that require attention are (some of) the State administrative bodies.

Particularly, in my experience, Football NSW and Northern NSW.

Much of my time is spent in a volunteer capacity with Clubs and Associations around the country, a wonderful opportunity to put something back into the game at entry level and spend time with hundreds of passionate and committed volunteers, the very lifeblood of football, but also a valuable chance to gauge the mood at grass roots and hear the frustrations they face.

And throughout NSW the message is always the same, that cultural change is yet to occur at State level.

Countless times I hear about the endemic lack of support to associations and the hundreds of thousands of dollars paid in levies with little in return, and it is clear that in many instances, the old political problems still exist.

This is partly because the old guard of administrators, who led the game into its darkest period, continue to infest the management and boards of these bodies.

Certainly in the case of Northern NSW, outside of the Newcastle area they are a constant source of angst and a detriment to the game in the country and northern areas, regions the FFAs National Development Review specifically targeted to provide a rich vein of playing talent in future.

An inquiry into the management of NNSW would be a very valuable exercise, with every association and zone uniting to determine whether the service they receive from the State body is anywhere near adequate for the considerable levies they pay.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Maybe they are the same man?
I've never seen them in the same room together.
Or have I? Was that his evil twin?

Mr Celery = Steve = Mariners fan from day 1.

He has a twin brother, a deadringer, who supports the Jets. Evil twin!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred