• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Richard Peil - CCMFC Chairman and investor

Michael

You've forgotten Nat Atkinson who was the most recent starting RB and a seriously talented player. I was calling for his selection two years ago and Arnie finally listened (...ahem).

Atkinson was playing at a very high standard years before he was picked and was a standout for the Olyroos. I think Miller is easily the best RB in the AL right now but will have a job shifting Atkinson (short of injury or suspension).

They're actually very similar players - technically gifted, attacking, good motors, very physical. Both tend to get cards and suspensions, which could be Miller's best chance of replacing Atkinson.

As for Niz, easily good enough but will probably have to go OS before he gets taken seriously. There are some very good players ahead of him. Genreau, Devlin, Stensness, McGree are only just breaking through, with the likes of Mooy and Luongo still in the picture. It won't be easy for Niz, even though he could certainly do a job.
I totally forgot about Atkinson, fair call. I am biast, but Miller is better. And if he were to go to Scotland too, or England… Miller would thrive even more off the physicality.

Allreet?

Miller has to do it for as long and consistently as Atkinson before you can say he's better.

Atkinson is a seriously good player and only going to get better in Europe. I predict EPL for him.

Melange

I saw Atkinson against Celtic last week. He looked buggered from the start of the second half, his body language was like a player at the end of extra time, just hanging in there.

Wasn't handling the Celtic press very well.

But that was a one off watch, I do rate him highly and think he should be a Socceroos starter

Michael

Miller has to do it for as long and consistently as Atkinson before you can say he's better.

Atkinson is a seriously good player and only going to get better in Europe. I predict EPL for him.
To be fair. Lewis has done it for 2 seasons now, going to another level this season.
Atkinson did it for almost 2 seasons before going to Scotland. Not arguing his ability, but imo Lewis will overtake him.

Insertnamehere

Kilsin

Having an degree in exercise science and a long time ago working with junior elite athletes, the sound of us doing SS properly gives me such a chub.
My favourite part:

"So there’s no intention of bailing after three years – the deal is structured there to make sure that I can continue to fund it. However, I want to be clear as well, I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t think that by the fourth year we’ll be at least washing our face at the Central Coast Mariners, ie I think we can cover our costs. And then I believe within five years it will be a profitable business.

But even when this venture is profitable, I won’t take any operating profit out from my percentage of the club. Any money that my wife and I are entitled to out of the club will be put back into my wife’s charity, which is called the Young Boys Foundation which is an organization that helps educate and help survivors of child sexual abuse and and back into local sport onto the central coast. So I have zero interest in taking profit out of the club."

Insertnamehere

My favourite part:

"So there’s no intention of bailing after three years – the deal is structured there to make sure that I can continue to fund it. However, I want to be clear as well, I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t think that by the fourth year we’ll be at least washing our face at the Central Coast Mariners, ie I think we can cover our costs. And then I believe within five years it will be a profitable business.

But even when this venture is profitable, I won’t take any operating profit out from my percentage of the club.
Any money that my wife and I are entitled to out of the club will be put back into my wife’s charity, which is called the Young Boys Foundation which is an organization that helps educate and help survivors of child sexual abuse and and back into local sport onto the central coast. So I have zero interest in taking profit out of the club.

My favourite part:

But even when this venture is profitable, I won’t take any operating profit out from my percentage of the club.
Any money that my wife and I are entitled to out of the club will be put back into my wife’s charity, which is called the Young Boys Foundation which is an organization that helps educate and help survivors of child sexual abuse and and back into local sport onto the central coast. So I have zero interest in taking profit out of the club."
Saying all the right things. If he follows all this up, oil barons might be a thing of the past

FFC Mariner

You are completely wrong. He was our best defender yesterday. You are letting personal resentment cloud your judgement.

He will be capped within 2 seasons.
Resentment? Of what?.
Decent AL, terrible defender, serviceable wing back.

Ads

Miller was a beast last night.
He was behind players almost at a standstill 3/4/5 times and darted around the side of them and stole the ball.

He out enthused his opponent on every occasion.

And he used to give away possession a bit but can’t remember an obvious missed pass or turnover in any of the last 3/6 games.

pjennings

Miller was a beast last night.
He was behind players almost at a standstill 3/4/5 times and darted around the side of them and stole the ball.

He out enthused his opponent on every occasion.

And he used to give away possession a bit but can’t remember an obvious missed pass or turnover in any of the last 3/6 games.
Gotta agree with this - last season I was unsure whether he was even proper A-League quality. This year he has to be close to the best RB. Shame he is going.

AuzDutchy

Gotta agree with this - last season I was unsure whether he was even proper A-League quality. This year he has to be close to the best RB. Shame he is going.
i rate Miller as 1 of the better RBs in the comp, but he lacks end product

so often he skips past 1 or 2 or 3 and into the box, and rarely does it eventuate into a chance, ill accept that the times it is a chance created, its usually a goal, but coupled with his propensity to go down easy and over aggressive attitude, there are a few areas he really needs to work on to step up a level

his attempted curling shot yesterday was a good example, most RBs in the comp, having a shot on their strong foot, would atleast work the keeper

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami