• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Richard Peil - CCMFC Chairman and investor

Ironbark

I spoke with Rich at Pluim last Sunday and was left with the impression that he is the real deal and will be great news for the club. I also love that he embraces the underdog tag, as I have personally always enjoyed us punching above our weight.

Just being able to spend the cap and not the floor makes a difference and if the football department is properly funded, just think what Monty will be able to do moving forward.

It truly is a great time to be a Mariners fan. ??
and well deserved for everyone who stuck out the hardest of years, especially the staff

bikinigirl

I am curious about the Wilkshire appointment though… didn’t ken’s role include head of youth development? I’d be VERY disappointed if ken’s role at the club is altered to less effect.

. do you mean the role Ken effectively shelved plans for retirement to take on?

Wombat

My son used to work for Anytime Fitness (youngest manager in NSW) and says he met Richard at the company Christmas Function and said he is a good guy.

He worked for 3 Gyms in the group. The two owners (had 10 or 12 gyms in their group) drove around in McLarens so there is obviously plenty of money in that industry.

Corsair

What was the 3 year option thing? Are we going to see this guy bail if his kid gets to 19 and doesn't make it into the first team?

Seems like a real good news story, i guess some of us are tainted/skeptical from the Charlesworth era. We should give him a fair go though, at the moment he looks like just what we need.

Tevor

What was the 3 year option thing? Are we going to see this guy bail if his kid gets to 19 and doesn't make it into the first team?

Seems like a real good news story, i guess some of us are tainted/skeptical from the Charlesworth era. We should give him a fair go though, at the moment he looks like just what we need.
Yep we need to give him time, if he does 50% of what he is saying we will be better off by a long way. I feel he will have more business savy than MC who is more into property. Running a large National business and successfully is a good start. The days of the Bolt experiments are over I feel.

Michael

I spoke with Rich at Pluim last Sunday and was left with the impression that he is the real deal and will be great news for the club. I also love that he embraces the underdog tag, as I have personally always enjoyed us punching above our weight.

Just being able to spend the cap and not the floor makes a difference and if the football department is properly funded, just think what Monty will be able to do moving forward.

It truly is a great time to be a Mariners fan. ??
So true, even this season it was highly likely with such a young squad we could’ve and maybe should’ve finished top 2-3. Think about that run of games we kept conceding late goals.
I haven’t been this optimistic about our future in a long time.

Rising Sun

If Monty is ok with Wlkshire then I’m ok with it. Pretty sure Monty would have had to endorse the decision. It’s nice to see other people wanting to come to the club because of what has been built and achieved. It’s a nice change.
Ideal scenario is that Ken has identified the role as a gap to Peil, who has then said he will fund a decent salary for the role and recommended Wilkshire (who is Peil's mate). Ken and Monty have then interviewed Wilkshire and agreed he is the man for the job.

However given that Peil and Wilkshire are mates, is also possible that Peil has made the decision unilaterally or only given Ken/Monty token input - if that has happened then hopefully it is the case that Ken and Monty rate Wilkshire anyway and are pragmatic about the process.

Peil talked about developing more "aggressive and athletic players like we (and I assume by this he means Australia) did 10 years ago", which seems to echo comments that Wilkshire had made about the NT not being aggressive enough. The Academy is running red hot at the moment and I hope Wilkshire is going to build on and enhance that rather than making major changes to suit his own philosophy.

FFC Mariner

Wilkshire is a well respected coach in his own right. He was with Monty at Pluim last week and the body language was pretty relaxed. I suspect you dont force people on Monty (see the entry under Midfielders - ex)

He is also the head coach of an NPL side - succession planning perhaps? This isnt some dud stop gap, this is a good move. Who better to help young kids navigate the move overseas than a guy with 80 caps and has played in Europe?

Football is about pace and power now and that is no change of style for us - Monty's academy side never stop running.

Also, the socceroos play that turgid, terribly slow shit that Arnold loves. Like a shit Macarthur

scottmac

Suspended
Wilkshire is a well respected coach in his own right. He was with Monty at Pluim last week and the body language was pretty relaxed. I suspect you dont force people on Monty (see the entry under Midfielders - ex)

He is also the head coach of an NPL side - succession planning perhaps? This isnt some dud stop gap, this is a good move. Who better to help young kids navigate the move overseas than a guy with 80 caps and has played in Europe?

Football is about pace and power now and that is no change of style for us - Monty's academy side never stop running.

Also, the socceroos play that turgid, terribly slow shit that Arnold loves. Like a shit Macarthur
Peil said last night that Wilkshire is the first of a number of additions in staff aimed at upskilling our current and future youth and that the names to come are very well known.
It looks like the academy could become your first point of call if you're wanting a career in football.

Kilsin

As an anytime member i have achieved my goal of part owner of the Mariners. It might be a small fortnightly contribution but i am sure I’ve saved the Mariners
I'm a senior PT at Fitness First, I used to see a lot of the boys come in for yoga, cardio and the odd weight session but fat chance of that now...do I get out of my contract and switch!?!?!? :D

Apro and Gameiro used to be regulars for a chat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred