• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Seven - Local League Thread

Kareem

Sacko said:
Terrigal is already closed for tomorrow but Wyoming open, both according to CCF website. So as per the new rules we know our game is going to recorded as a draw before we kick off what a f**king joke, Central Coast Football = FAIL!
I'm not sure whether the field statuses have been updated...
However club websites of Terrigal, Berkley, Kincumber (fields 2 and 7 atm, 1 will be revised tomorro morning), Toukley and Killarney all confirm they are closed definately!
Ourimbah, SEU, Avoca, The Entrance are a couple that have not stated yet (should change in next 2 hours, or wait til morning)
Wyong (confirmed) are waiting til tomorro morning...

Kanwal's wadalba fields are closed tomorro morning (prior to 12pm)
Games 12pm onwards (WAA2,WAA6,MPL1st and MPL res) will be reassessed in the morning at 10am

J

jiggles

Washed out for us. FOAD CCF. sigh. No football for me since 2nd of may...I'm getting antsy!

Kareem

To make it neater (and I'' try and edit it)

Definately Out (no question)
Terrigal, Berkley, Kin2 & Kin7, Toukley, Killarney, Budgewoi (Source: FromTheDugOut)

Maybe (although unlikely IMO)
Ourimbah, SEU, Avoca, The Entrance + Wyong

As likely as can be (almost 100%)
Umina, Kariong, Wyoming, East Gosford, Gosford

NB: By 7am tomorrow morning, CCF website will guaranteed show exactly what is open and not open (with Kanwal situation a bit different).
(For Kanwal's situation- see 2 posts above)

Kareem

Out of pure boredom/interest
Out of the 25 lower level comps on Sunday(9 x MAA, 6 x WAA, M18B's + C's, W18B's, W16B's + C's + D's, W14B's + C's, W12B's + C's)...atm only 1 is chancece of having the comp officially playing tomorrow!
The comp is
WAA6
Games are scheduled at Wyong, Mountains, Kanwal and Wyoming

Ted

Sat 22nd
U12A - Killarney v Budgewoi @ BUD2 - WASHOUT
U14A - BYE (top of the table and undefeated)
35CN - Killarney v Gwandalan @ GWA2 - WASHOUT

Sun 23rd
AA7 - Killarney v Wyoming @ WMG2 - WASHOUT

:-\

FFC Mariner

Is there a "test" or criteria for closing a ground that is consistent across all clubs?

I know the rules of the game have a section on when it is too dangerous (in the refs opinion etc) but I doubt any local grounds would be in that category this weekend.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Is there a "test" or criteria for closing a ground that is consistent across all clubs?

I know the rules of the game have a section on when it is too dangerous (in the refs opinion etc) but I doubt any local grounds would be in that category this weekend.

Up to each club.

Club has to be mindful that if they excessively damage ovals in wet weather council will lump with substantial recovery costs to fix the ovals.

FFC Mariner

Sooooooooooo

If its last round of the season and my club is hanging onto 4th on goal difference or a point and we are playing the leaders whereas the team in 5th has a game against the team running last..........

The potential for fiddling seems immense.

Sym

if we weren't in a low league, our game wouldn't of been called off today.
simple

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Sooooooooooo

If its last round of the season and my club is hanging onto 4th on goal difference or a point and we are playing the leaders whereas the team in 5th has a game against the team running last..........

This scenario was mentioned when the kufuffle about the new rules came out on the forum. Just one of the many permitations as a result of voting through idiodic motions.

I know personally that there were people at that meeting regretting their decision. There were other people that went to that meeting with no idea what was being voted. They came in with no agenda and no notice of any motions being presented. There was no opportunity to bring these motions back to their own clubs for discussion on how these motions affect their members.

Decisions of these magnitudes needed to be voted by each club president and the director of football or head coach, not hurried through in a delegate's meeting.

Nothing we can do about this season now but I think the CCF board need to take leadership on this one and do away with decisions that only serve individuals' interests and not that of the greater good.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Sooooooooooo

and it would take one lunatic from the team coming fourth to do burnouts on the oval he will be playing on to render the ground unplayable

i know all about this one as someone once put motor oil on the synthetic cricket wicket we were playing on in the last round of the season a few years ago

that decision saw our game deemed a draw and the team we were supposed to play against go through to semis instead of us

if we beat that team we would have been the team going through to the semis

Sym

Part_Timer said:
Sym said:
if we weren't in a low league, our game wouldn't of been called off today.
simple

this is not entirely true as all of my clubs games were played except for grade..

haha nah, I wasn't making a fact
youthful venting is all

BAD BULLZ

We played out at mangrove mountain (you know where the dams are but its the only place on the coast where it doesnt rain ::) ::)  ) get there and find out we only gunna have the bare 11 including me not knowing how i'd go so i called up a mate who dropped everything n came gave us a sub. we won 2-1 me and another guy with a bad knee played the majority of the game aggrevating the injurys not healing etc
The whole team busted there asses and the association reckons we're not getting our points as the entire round is a draw. :headbutt:  :soapbox: 

Imo this is f**ked.

marinermick

BAD BULLZ said:
We played out at mangrove mountain (you know where the dams are but its the only place on the coast where it doesnt rain ::) ::)  ) get there and find out we only gunna have the bare 11 including me not knowing how i'd go so i called up a mate who dropped everything n came gave us a sub. we won 2-1 me and another guy with a bad knee played the majority of the game aggrevating the injurys not healing etc
The whole team busted there asses and the association reckons we're not getting our points as the entire round is a draw. :headbutt:  :soapbox:  

Imo this is f**ked.

surely you guys knew beforehand that the game will be deemed as a draw?

BAD BULLZ

Didnt actually cross our minds which yes was our own fault we were just surprised it was on etc and were thinking other games would be made up in the weekends off that are coming up.

" In all competitions in point 2 where washout games are not to be replayed then in the scenario where even if one match is washed out, and the other matches are played, all matches in that competition, for that round will be classed as wash outs. In this scenario each team will be awarded 3 points and the 2 goals unless a team forfeits a fixture in which case they will receive no points and no goals. "

So there saying we must play and field a team whatever it takes to make up the squad to play for shits n giggles  :headbutt:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred