• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We want 20,000 Vs Newcastle!!!!

beccstar

If there was any game with a chance of filling up the stadium surely this would be it!!
18. odd thousand against Melb..but with the jets down the road, and us on top, we would have to expect close to a sell out this time.. 12,622 is what we had last time... that was 3 months ago.. i wish i could tell every single mariners fan going to the game to wear [yellow  or i wish the Mariners management had put out a call to get everyone to do it.. that would be fantastic...  :vhappy:
a draw with them this time will be unforgivable.. We want blood! :fireup: (and 3 points)

S

striker

they could erect a temp stand just in front of the palm trees and moove the field up close to bay 16..... that would add another 2 K capacity.

and, the marinators would get closer to the action on field action.

did the mariners f.c. ever think of that?

Bear

striker #9 said:
they could erect a temp stand just in front of the palm trees and moove the field up close to bay 16..... that would add another 2 K capacity.

Wont happen.... Ever

dibo

Alicia said:
Actually we would want 20,059, which is the stadium's capacity.  :pirashoot:
\

[nerd mode]that's the number listed in a number of places, but another number i've seen a few times is 20,119.

20,059 is the crowd that the northern eagles got for the first ever match at the stadium against the newcastle knights way back in 2000, and i think this number has been confused with the capacity figure so often that even the stadium website now has that number where 20119 used to be there.

i think it's quite unlikely that the crowd figure and the capacity would be identical, as some people wouldn't have come in spite of having tickets, some extras may have piled in to boxes, etc. for it to be dead on capacity is as likely as tossing a coin and having it come up edgewise.

but then again, the only way we'd actually know is to count the seats, then add the capacities for the corporate suites. it's all of 60 seats, so i doubt anyone but me really cares.[/nerd mode]

i think we're in great shape to sell it out this week, we've got some super momentum.

Jose Bearinator said:
striker #9 said:

Wont happen.... Ever

it wouldn't be up to the mariners, it would be up to the council and stadium management. the best reason why that wouldn't happen is that the camera angles (and the views from the best seats in the ground) would then be skewed out by something like 5 to 10 metres.

Deej

pommypete said:
They have only got Griffths the rest are sh**e

Don't agree with that, Griffiths is by far their best but they have others who compete very well at HAL standard level!  Thompson, Monkey Boy, North and bridge can all play very well on their day, probably have the best keeper in the league too (yes I would put him above Danny simply due to his experience and distribution, which Danny will learn over time).

Alicia said:
Actually we would want 20,059, which is the stadium's capacity.  :pirashoot:

Can't see it ever happening tbh, that would include all members attending, and all complementary tickets attending, surprisingly there's a decent number of members who do not attend every game.

IMO to get over 19k would be classified as a sell out as all tickets would be sold, but whether each and every 1 attend is a different story!

Jesus

Jesus
At the last game i know someone who could not buy a ticket after 20 minutes, since there were none to sell him they said.

Bear

Jesus said:
At the last game i know someone who could not buy a ticket after 20 minutes, since there were none to sell him they said.

There were onlt 1,600 tickets left to sell with 3 hours till kick off, so that dose not suprise me

poetryintheblood

Incentive is needed to sell tickets and put bums on seats for the count, something simple yet that would draw people into buying, even for a one off game, I personally think people appreciate the little things they give at the game on gate entry, especially where kids are involved, I think it makes a difference sometimes.

yellowcake

DJ said:
...surprisingly there's a decent number of members who do not attend every game.

Surprisingly?

I know this has been well covered in the "I hate football" thread but sometimes there are circumtances. This is where the club's non-transferable conditions on memberships this season will hurt more (yeah I know people still do it but remember that it's not what the club wants).

I'll be a culprit missing on Saturday  :'(. Before you flame me, I haven't missed a game on the Coast (including the Lightning and Malaysia trials) since Sept 2005 when I watched Rd 6 V1 at a Pub in Hobart nor an away game in Newcastle or Sydney since Nov 2006. We're gunna be away on holidays but (for the football fans in the family) are racing back on the 19th for the Phoenix game.

Wombat

I'd be happy with 15K. The fairweather supporters don't know how big a game this is. If we get about 17K then we know that Football has truely made it on the Central coast.

Deej

yellowcake said:
DJ said:
...surprisingly there's a decent number of members who do not attend every game.

Surprisingly?

I know this has been well covered in the "I hate football" thread but sometimes there are circumtances. This is where the club's non-transferable conditions on memberships this season will hurt more (yeah I know people still do it but remember that it's not what the club wants).

I'll be a culprit missing on Saturday  :'(. Before you flame me, I haven't missed a game on the Coast (including the Lightning and Malaysia trials) since Sept 2005 when I watched Rd 6 V1 at a Pub in Hobart nor an away game in Newcastle or Sydney since Nov 2006. We're gunna be away on holidays but (for the football fans in the family) are racing back on the 19th for the Phoenix game.

I was surprised yes, especially at the Sydney game.....but that's the luxury of a season ticket, you reserve your seat for the season whether you can make it or not.

Atomic

Should be close to a sell out. There are going to be a lot of Jests fans starting up their homes and driving them down the coast. I reckon you'd be able to swing a cat in some of them there trailer parks up there on Saturday night... yeh harrrr!!!  :eek:verhead:

dru

DJ said:
yellowcake said:
DJ said:

Surprisingly?

I was surprised yes, especially at the Sydney game.....but that's the luxury of a season ticket, you reserve your seat for the season whether you can make it or not.

See I'm waiting to get flamed for missing the nix game next weekend.

Can't wait to see the mariners reaction when i change my address to Qld for my membership.

And yes I am planning on still having a season ticket no matter how many games I can make at Grahame Park.

Bex

Just bought tickets for the rest of the family.

PAX: 8835

I think there was another post on here saying that the Melbourne game had a PAX in the 6 thousands on the Friday before the game.  :eek:

dibo

Bex said:

I think there was another post on here saying that the Melbourne game had a PAX in the 6 thousands on the Friday before the game.  :eek:

that was a monday game though.

dibo

Bex said:

1.19pm, or less than 50 minutes after that post, there was this on the scum forum:

just got 3 tickets. pax 9383  if you haven't got tickets already i strongly urge you to get them very soon. love it when derby days = sell outs :)

holy farking shit this is going to be huge!

Omni

DJ: You've got to remember that the Sydney game was supposed to be on another date, for some people (like me) it worked better but I'm sure for a lot of people it was worse as they wouldn't have expected a game to be on that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred