• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

#walmsleyout

Deej

agree with me or hate me I don't care but this rubbish we are getting served is unacceptable, our possession has been shit (better today), creativity up front predictable and poor, tactically our coach is out of his depth and I can't believe people are continuing to make excuses for our poor performances.....he has to go.....in any other league in the world he'd be gone. Sure he has been given a cap and a kpi to entertain but really who here is happy with his results?

midfielder

Just saying ... say Arnold gets the chop from the flying circus... would a TW back to the TD with Arnold as coach...or has Arnold burnt his bridges..

Rowdy

I dont think we need to get on our rooftops and shout it to the world, because TW 'not being' the Coach is pretty much inevitable in my mind.

I can't see him Coaching us next season.

Our season was over 3-4 games ago, I - like many were resigned to this fact, some even earlier in the season based on our poor results.

Walmsley said he & the Club would be doing a thorough search for finding the next Coach of the Mariners at season's end of his stint as caretaker because of the 'Dross debacle.

As FFC Mariner shouted out numerous times tonite in my poor ear'ole ;),
"Tony - you said you do a global search and all you came up with was yourself".

And to be fair he has a point.

Now whether that was due to Charlesworth reneg'ing on the 'Global Search' and 'we can't afford a Coach of that kind of quality' chat happening with TW to try and get the club back in the black, resulting in a nudge-nudge "So you’ll HAVE TO DO" type of scenario seems more and more likely with every loss that's ticked by this year.

Compiling all this with signing 'kid's', some of whom are clearly not up to a full 90mins at this standard quite yet, signing 'others' that we thought would be up to this standard BUT are also dissapointingly not quite 90 min players.

As well as gambling on what I call 'second-chancers' in Stella, Heffernan & Fletcher, Roy'O could even be classed in that mix last coming from Indo & fcuking Brunei before that.

Oh and the Exodus ........ STILL PAYING players from the Exodus, as well as other former player's still getting paid and Coaches to boot ALL ADDS UP TO ..... "you get what you pay for Mike" ;)

I'm with Deej to some degree & FFC (who I've just noticed has posted as I typed this) in that Tony's time is done, as unfortunate as it is. The TD role is where his future lies.

His tenure actually reminds me of Ian Crook at SYDFC, promoted from Assistant Coach (Youth before that) BUT Crook had the smarts to know he was in over his head & that his real talents were in developing Youth (which IS a valuable skill in itself) and not working with the end product.

Charlesworth NEEDS to find an alternative & fast! & he needs to heed some wise words I've often heard many a time in fiscal situations, similar in nature to what Mike faces.

Charlesworth may say "he can't afford to spend X dollars on this player or Y dollars on that player as well as spend Z dollars for that kind of Manager"

The REAL question he needs to be asking himself is "Can I afford NOT TO spend XYZ ! ? "

Unfortuntely for Mike, I think he's gonna have to 'buy' his way out of our's & his troubles. :cool:

Last edited:

bilo

I read on Facebook last night that Walmsley has already been given contract extension for next year as head coach. Can anyone confirm that?

FFC Mariner

Did anyone see the fraud clapping the players on the back post game?

He has no passion, it was all laughing and joking. Muscat and Arnold at least care.

#walmsleyout

gull

The records keep tumbling, and there are more to come.

Something must change very soon, or we'll become Southern Sydney FC in no time... (Still think this is MC's ultimate goal anyway :tinfoilhat:).

He has been praised as our saviour, but we've done nothing but go downhill since he became majority owner.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
CCMMANAGERSRECORD_zps6mfrwfmv.jpg

these digits anywhere else in the footballing world would get you unemployed as a manager...hell, if we had a second division with relegation TW would be gone

soccer mad

Walmsley doesn't have the tactical nous to coach this level.I have expressed this now in the past 10 or more games . He is completely un animated on the sidelines I have never seen him give direction throughout a game ,but he'll but his hands in pockets look to us and smile while where 3 nill down f**k I'd be livid . Our team hasn't been properly coached since Arnie ,not to mention the rest who have followed Clarkie crawlford ect . And I wouldn't have Arnie back either the game progressing fast I want fresh coach with reasonable credentials new idea's new style to challenge the league in its progression. Even Hutch is way of at the moment with his current mentor. Seeing thier is a strong Spanish contingent in the league maybe Spanish coach in the lower leagues of Spain italy or Latin America . Adelaide have paved the way and he dosnt speak much English but he knows the language of football . Even in the English Premier League it's continental coaches leading the way. Cheers to all mariner fans .

Bladesman

Like most on here who's opinions about football I have a lot of respect for I was very positive about the season ahead after the first few games.

We do have a good crop of talented players and we are certainly a lot better than our position. But like many what I have been noticing more and more is that the team selections, formations and tactics are what is now costing us games. At the start of the season we had the art of surprise on our side but once the opposition coaches had seen us a couple of times it has been very, very easy for them to set their teams to beat us easily.

Good teams can take us apart easily with skill and football as our players do not seem to understand the systems we are playing and their roles at the various stages of transition so we are constantly out of position and outnumbered all over the park.

Poorer teams sit back and absorb what has become very little pressure from us and know that as long as they leave an man forward no matter how they get the ball forward we are likely to concede with our defensive frailty.

TW has to start to shoulder the blame for what is going on we have gone seriously backwards through the course of the year rather than improve. Did I expect us to be challenging for the title…..no. Do I expect to see us improving and moving forward? Absolutely!

Again on the weekend it was a mistake at the back that cost up but with the amount of pressure our defence is under with the structure and formation’s we are playing we are always going to see that as it is a pure numbers game.

TW really needs to set his stall out in the last 6 games otherwise he has to replace himself for next year and move upstairs as TD for the good of the club.

Rowdy

I have never seen him give direction throughout a game ,but he'll put his hands in pockets look to us and smile while where 3 nill down f**k I'd be livid

Has been a massive bugbear for many of us up the back of Bay16 during this season.

TW states adnauseum that we've 'got young players', surely some instantaneous feedback &/or some direction from their coach wouldnt do them any harm, would it?

Next time this or that !
Drop back 10 yards !
Stay tighter on him!
Come wide, wider !
Get ready Mitch, start making your run - it'll be coming your way!

Switch, SWITCH ... SWITCH to Austin !!!
Nope, nothing, nada, zip :-| :fireup:

ccf

I would say both managers (assistant and manager) need replacing with people who have technical knowledge. There is no technical advice being given to the young players who we have, no video guidelines (video sessions are watching goals going into the net, not the build up) If you remember over the christmas period when Hutch was sick we actually looked a better team. Also there are only three players left (that I can remember) who played with Hutch and how long will they be with us. I don't think you can have an ex - players come in on the coaching staff, especially not assistant coach, and especially who have not coached at lower levels (I know he was assistant coach for a lightning team one year).

Rowdy

I know he was assistant coach for a lightning team one year).

Not an assistant as far as I know, but do rember him Co-Coaching the U18's at Central Coast United FC with fellow player Wayne O'Sullivan, during HAL1 or HAL2, can't quite remember which season.

Friend of mines son was in the team, as well as another young lad I know also.

Friend said it was Sully who was the more technical one - with formation and tactics whilst Hutcho was the man manager 'rev'n-up' up the boys, one on one chats etc.

This rings true with me when you consider Sully was an assistant with us and then was brought in by Ricky Herbert at Wellington Phoenix. Then as Head Coach of Newcastle's W-League side before coming back to the Mariners with Arnie and finally assistant to Moss.

Big Al

Just saying ... say Arnold gets the chop from the flying circus... would a TW back to the TD with Arnold as coach...or has Arnold burnt his bridges..
Was thinking about this same thing watching the big blue.

I think we're a great fit. We have youth and at Sydney he's not allowed to use them as breeding is failure to them.

We will never out finesse the big budget clubs, we need grit and most of all good tactics to cover our weaknesses and use our strengths.

Not sure it will ever happen again but when he can't get another job we might be a chance if he doesn't want a job at fox. Though if he does leave Sydney I reckon he might have another crack o/s.

We could do worse

Wombat

Why does he care? He's getting paid not to give a f**k about results..

He does care but he knows his job is not on the line.
The clubs main objective was to cut debt this season.
Obviously they were hoping to play some decent football and probably didn't expect to get the wooden spoon.
In TW defence he has been pretty unlucky at times and got mugged by terrible Refs a few times.
However, there are definately massive question marks about him and Hutcho and they are on thin ice.
I keep telling myself Alex Ferguson was about to be sacked before he went on to be possibly the best manager of the last 20 years.

Wombat

Was thinking about this same thing watching the big blue.

I think we're a great fit. We have youth and at Sydney he's not allowed to use them as breeding is failure to them.

We will never out finesse the big budget clubs, we need grit and most of all good tactics to cover our weaknesses and use our strengths.

Not sure it will ever happen again but when he can't get another job we might be a chance if he doesn't want a job at fox. Though if he does leave Sydney I reckon he might have another crack o/s.

We could do worse

We could also do a lot better.

I don't like Arnie's brand of Football, although at least we would be better organised.

Mulvey before Arnie for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred